Latitude Rewards - Platinum after 4th cruise?

Sparkygirl

I was reviewing the latitude rewards points and our cruises history and patterns. Is it really possible to earn platinum status in 4 cruises by booking week long cruises, in a suite and more than 9 months in advance?

Certainly, if you want to spend the money, NCL is more than happy to give you the platinum status.

NCL Platinum is the easiest top-tier level repeat passenger status to achieve from any cruise line that I know of.:)

Compare that with Holland America, requiring 500 'credits' to achieve their '5 Star Mariner' level, or 1400 credits to achieve their secretive 'Presidential Club'......:eek:

From one extreme to the other....;)

If we do two more like our upcoming 14nt TA (less than the cost of most 7nt cruises) booked over a year out (28 points total) we can be Platinum in three cruises. NCL definitely has the fastest route to top-tier. Took us three cruisees (two of those were TAs) to get to just the second tier (Platinum) on RCI. And the perqs in the Lattitudes program are much better than Crown & Anchor.

Doesnt seem right does it ? NCL needs a new tier for those that have sailed dozens of times . Its not really a loyalty program anymore..

How am I supposed to feel special :D

Oh well , I'll get over it..

NCL Platinum is the easiest top-tier level repeat passenger status to achieve from any cruise line that I know of.:)

Compare that with Holland America, requiring 500 'credits' to achieve their '5 Star Mariner' level, or 1400 credits to achieve their secretive 'Presidential Club'......:eek:

Very true. We like HAL and will be three stars after our December cruise which nets you pretty much nothing (except the reception and the tile).

Even the 200 day thing is not as good as the 75 day platinum we have with NCL. All you get of any substance at 200 is free laundry.

Doesnt seem right does it ? NCL needs a new tier for those that have sailed dozens of times . Its not really a loyalty program anymore..

How am I supposed to feel special :D

Oh well , I'll get over it..

Guess you can look at it from more than way. If you reward people by numbers of cruises (old way) or by dollars, either by more expensive cabin, number of nights or booking early letting NCL bank the deposit (current way) someone will feel it is unfair.

Regardless, one thing is clear, platinum used to mean elite. But day by day that is ceasing to be the case and I wonder if Latitudes will become "top heavy".

It just seems sad that you reach the top so easily and there is nowhere else to go. There should be higher levels? Titanium? Kryptonite? Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Guess you can look at it from more than way. If you reward people by numbers of cruises (old way) or by dollars, either by more expensive cabin, number of nights or booking early letting NCL bank the deposit (current way) someone will feel it is unfair.

Regardless, one thing is clear, platinum used to mean elite. But day by day that is ceasing to be the case and I wonder if Latitudes will become "top heavy".

It just seems sad that you reach the top so easily and there is nowhere else to go. There should be higher levels? Titanium? Kryptonite? Any ideas?

I always thought it was good enough to just be at the top level! I never considered that if you won a Gold Medal at the Olympics that they should create another "better" medal so you would have something new to compete for. I never thought that if you got all "As" in school that they should create a new "better" grade so you have somethin else to shoot for.

The big problem that I see is that if you create a new level, then what do you do when people move up to that level and start complaining that they are at the top with nowhere to go? It would just never end!

I am very happy with NCLS frequent guest program: it is superior to many other lines. Remember, we are not paying anything for it, if we get nothing more than a bowl of fruit in our cabin when we arrive, they are saying "thank you" Why people complain I have no idea. As plat we get our free dinner plus wine at la Bistro, we get wine in our cabin, we get appetizers (which are really pretty crappy to be honest) and we get a few other perks, like the special latitude party. What do people expect for nothing?

I always thought it was good enough to just be at the top level! I never considered that if you won a Gold Medal at the Olympics that they should create another "better" medal so you would have something new to compete for. I never thought that if you got all "As" in school that they should create a new "better" grade so you have somethin else to shoot for.

The big problem that I see is that if you create a new level, then what do you do when people move up to that level and start complaining that they are at the top with nowhere to go? It would just never end!

Ok, what if the teacher gave you a syllabus with the criteria on how to earn an A? You work hard all year and then all the C students are given an opportunity to earn an A along with you with easier paths midway into the term.

Let's further say you compete in preliminary events at the Olympics only to see others able to bypass those and compete for gold.

There will always be revisions and shortcuts in life. It is reality.

There are always going to be situations like this where there are more than one side. I was merely pointing that out.

You might think I was championing the case for those who gained platinum the old fashioned way? Am I one if them? Nope, I became Platinum on NCL after 4 cruises. And one was s two night CTN. And since I cruise in suites I am not after another plate of strawberries.

I am very grateful for anything NCL bestows me. Be it as a Platinum, suite cruiser, M & G organizer or just because they like me.

I just see a reality of more and more NCL Platinums on board where the perks can't stretch. Maybe not every cruise, but on plenty. There are still so many taking their first cruise, we see them here on CC everyday. I still remember mine.

And there is someplace to go after all A's... Valedictorian!!!

Ahh, to strive for mediocrity .. The problem is we all reach it at some point .

Is there nothing more ???

;)

That's what I came up with but I thought there would be no way that I would become platinum with only two cruises. That's insane... I figured I had to be doing something wrong.

Wow!! Added up fast.

Thanks

Celebrity was easier in our case. After 5 sailings we made Elite.

Elite requires 10 points. You earn a point for each sailing and an extra point for booking a concierge class cabin or higher. As I recall three of our five sailings were four nighters, with one 10 night and one 7 night. That's 29 nights total -- though it could have been as few as 20 had they all been four night cruises.

Our favorite perk is the 3 hours of internet we've shared on every sailing since!

Tom

Archived