Taking wine aboard RCI

Do they check off your name against a passenger manifest? I am sailing solo in a cabin in December and plan on taking two bottles on board. What are the chances of boarding with two bottles, then leaving the ship and returning to the ship with two bottles (you know, pretending they are the initial two bottles I am entitled too? Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more ...;)).

We're leaving from Circular Quay, so there is a bottle shop nice and handy :)

Cheers,

The re-board entry is separate to the initial check-in embarkation entry, else the re-boarders will get stuck in with the people checking in.

The rules say wine can be brought on embarkation, not on subsequent reboarding

We just cruised on the Rhapsody last week and embarked in Honolulu. We bought on 2 bottles of wine between us (DW and I) and it was never acknowledged, questioned or mentioned going through security. So, no it is not marked against your name on the manifest.

We did buy some wine on one of the port days and it was confiscated and returned to us on the morning of the day before disembarkation.

The re-board entry is separate to the initial check-in embarkation entry, else the re-boarders will get stuck in with the people checking in.

The rules say wine can be brought on embarkation, not on subsequent reboarding

"The Rules"? Do you mean the (multiple pages of fine print) cruise documentation? I have to admit I don't think I've ever read every single page, lol. Maybe I'll take a look and see what I can find ...

Perhaps I should ask if there are any teetotallers on our roll call happy to carry contraband for me. :p

"The Rules"? Do you mean the (multiple pages of fine print) cruise documentation? I have to admit I don't think I've ever read every single page, lol. Maybe I'll take a look and see what I can find ...

Perhaps I should ask if there are any teetotallers on our roll call happy to carry contraband for me. :p

Who me? Teetotal!!! now that's something I don't want to contemplate you need to do your own smuggling but you'll need to come up with a plan quickly as we only have 30 DAYS LEFT TO GO

Karl

Who me? Teetotal!!! now that's something I don't want to contemplate you need to do your own smuggling but you'll need to come up with a plan quickly as we only have 30 DAYS LEFT TO GO

Karl

Where's that like button when you need it!

We are now allowed to take 2x 750 ml Bottles of Wine when checking in on RCI

how closely do they check what it actually is ?

Karl.

No they don't check that closely.Last time we took our wine wrapped in bubble wrap and in a wine cooler bag and they never opened the bag to check.The tip of wrapping your wine in bubble wrap was given to us by a couple who drop their wine cooler bag and the wine went everywhere. I also know of someone who has taken bottles of Port on instead of wine and no one checked.

No they don't check that closely.Last time we took our wine wrapped in bubble wrap and in a wine cooler bag and they never opened the bag to check.The tip of wrapping your wine in bubble wrap was given to us by a couple who drop their wine cooler bag and the wine went everywhere. I also know of someone who has taken bottles of Port on instead of wine and no one checked.

In my book" Port " is wine , if it's made from grapes then it's wine I hope that I don't have an argument with a security guard re the complexities of the different grape varieties .

Karl

In my book" Port " is wine , if it's made from grapes then it's wine I hope that I don't have an argument with a security guard re the complexities of the different grape varieties .

Karl

I agree and plan to try and take some port next time.The people I know took Wolf Blass Tawny Port and it looked just like a bottle of red wine.

Karl

Port is wine indeed, can't imagine it being a problem. Enjoy!

Once the wine is on board can it be taken to the restaurant for dinner? Is there a corkage cost? We always take our wine to dinner on Princess and are never charged anything.:D

If you walk into the dining room with a glass of your own wine in your hand how could they tell you didn't buy it from one of the bars ?

But if you take the bottle you can expect to be charged a corkage fee.

Karl.

Archived