white slacks/crops

imae39

Betty, I have worn capris into the MDR for lunch or the PG for that matter for lunch but not for dinner. For me, my legs tend to get cold in the evenings onboard. I see no reason why nice capris with top and little jacket could not be worn on smart casual evenings.

Ooh yes..Forgot about the cold air in the MDR..I usually wear knee high hose with slacks & panty hose with dresses/skirts with closed shoes...But when wearing sandals, sometimes my feet get cold..:eek::eek:

Thanks Kakalina..Betty

Oh.

My.

Goodness.

What decade is this?

You can wear whatever color you want, whenever you want.

I have a beautiful white suit that I only wear in wintertime. People tell me I look like a snow angel in it. :)

I have a winter white dinner suit that I can wear three seasons. It is too warm to wear it in summer. I love mine too.

I guess older people are comfortable with their traditions and see no need to change. The younger generations are setting their own traditions that they will be comfortable with as they age.

So as long as we are comfortable with the white rules of our generation, who does it hurt?

[quote name=sapper1;4026415

So as long as we are comfortable with the white rules of our generation' date=' who does it hurt?[/quote]

It doesn't hurt anyone. We're on vacation. Wear whatever color and length you're comfy with.

How am I going to tell DW that she really should not be taking/wearing her white jeans on our upcoming cruise? They are plain old white. not sure if this means summer white or winter white..but they are white.

Why tell her at all?

I have a winter white dinner suit that I can wear three seasons. It is too warm to wear it in summer. I love mine too.

I guess older people are comfortable with their traditions and see no need to change. The younger generations are setting their own traditions that they will be comfortable with as they age.

So as long as we are comfortable with the white rules of our generation, who does it hurt?

It doesn't hurt anyone. We're on vacation. Wear whatever color and length you're comfy with.

TWO Thumbs UP!!! :)

How am I going to tell DW that she really should not be taking/wearing her white jeans on our upcoming cruise? They are plain old white. not sure if this means summer white or winter white..but they are white.

:confused: What is there to tell her? Most of us here agree white pants work just fine in the Caribbean 12 months a year and frankly even if none of us agree,,,,,,, so what? Your DW and you can make any choice you wish for what you or she wants to wear. ;) :cool:

OK, I am familiar with a lot of British expressions but you're going to have to help me out with this one. :)

It means something along the lines of not taking off coats/woollies/vests at the first sight of the sun in Spring but wait until May is out - some say May is the month, others that it refers to the may flower.

Perhaps similar to two swallows do not make a summer;)

It means something along the lines of not taking off coats/woollies/vests at the first sight of the sun in Spring but wait until May is out - some say May is the month, others that it refers to the may flower.

Perhaps similar to two swallows do not make a summer;)

To us in Bristol, it meant don't take blankets off the bed:D

Archived