white slacks/crops

imae39

When sailing the Caribbean in Nov/Dec. are white pants appropriate. I know in the states white is not worn these months.

Don't worry about it and yes, if you love your white pants - by all means wear them. The adage about "no white after Labour Day" is not really adhered to and besides isn't white a nice wintery colour? ;)

Enjoy your cruise!

When sailing the Caribbean in Nov/Dec. are white pants appropriate. I know in the states white is not worn these months.

White pants are fine in the Carib in Nov. Dec..

Normally we never wore white after labor day in the Northern States (ie cold climes), but we are still wearing them here in Fla as it's been in the upper 80's all this week..Will be happy when we can turn off our air..

When it gets colder we stop wearing white & shorts, although tourists still wear white & shorts even when we think it's cold..:):)LOL

Cheers..:)Betty

While it's often hot where we live after Labor Day, it's no more white or seersucker for us at home ... BUT always wear on Caribbean cruises in the winter! Our bright, white, and tropical clothes go with us!

It's always SUMMER in the Caribbean! :D

LuLu

~~~~

It was 89 degrees in SC last weekend and I broke out the white jeans for tailgate weekend at U of South Carolina. I never put the white slacks or jeans away because the weather in the south is unpredictable, and I read in Elle magazine that the old rule doesn't apply any longer. By all means enjoy your white attire on your cruise!

It was 89 degrees in SC last weekend and I broke out the white jeans for tailgate weekend at U of South Carolina. I never put the white slacks or jeans away because the weather in the south is unpredictable, and I read in Elle magazine that the old rule doesn't apply any longer. By all means enjoy your white attire on your cruise!

Yes, it was HOT ... but jeans are hot not matter the color so I just wore black shorts with a garnet t-shirt that said "Go Cocks". :D

LuLu

~~~~

There has been some discussion on this on the Cruise Fashion forum. It seems to be pretty passe now except for those who have had it taught to them from an early age.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1908020&highlight=white

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1908440&highlight=white

I wore white capris in the Caribbean last December and felt cool and comfortable.

There has been some discussion on this on the Cruise Fashion forum. It seems to be pretty passe now except for those who have had it taught to them from an early age.

Sort of depends .... :D in addition to not wanting my mother / grandmothers turning it their graves that I have on white in SC either after Labor Day or before Easter ... it's time to go back to Fall colors and not going around looking like an Easter egg.

Come on! All of you know that the color of our clothing changes by season when we're home!

:D In the Caribbean it's always Summer! :)

LuLu~~~

To me, white is a cruise color, no matter the time of year or where the cruise is going.

Besides, ANY color goes with white pants, making them one of the most useful items of clothing for mix and match that a gal can have on a cruise.

We had a different "white" discussion on a non-cruise board this year- white SHOES. No white shoes after Labor Day, but when do they come out of the closet at home- after Easter, which can be as early as late March or early April, or only after Memorial Day, the last Monday in May? I thought I remembered the rule was Easter, but the majority said Memorial Day.

On a Caribbean cruise I would say white pants and shoes year round.

We had a different "white" discussion on a non-cruise board this year- white SHOES. No white shoes after Labor Day, but when do they come out of the closet at home- after Easter, which can be as early as late March or early April, or only after Memorial Day, the last Monday in May? I thought I remembered the rule was Easter, but the majority said Memorial Day.

In the Caribbean, white is appropriate year round.

Had to laugh about the shoes discussion. On my first job, we had very strict dress code, eventhough I worked in an office with no out-of-company contact. Girls were even sent home for not dressing appropriately. If the deviation wasn't overly strict (too short skirt, too low blouse), you had a note posted in your file. One girl had a note posted in her file over white shoes. Dark shoes were required between Labor Day and Easter. At Easter, you could were bone or tan shoes. After Memorial Day, you could wear white shoes.

We considered ourselves lucky that the dress code had been loosened enough that we didn't have to wear hats and gloves to work.

In Boston, for those who still follow those passe rules, we grew up being taught no white shoes until Memorial Day and none after Labor Day. Winter white shoes and boots are commonly seen these days whenever one wishes.

In Boston, for those who still follow those passe rules, we grew up being taught no white shoes until Memorial Day and none after Labor Day. Winter white shoes and boots are commonly seen these days whenever one wishes.

Here, too, but it's always carefully designated as "winter white" not just white. The rule is still subtlety honored by not calling whites worn after Labor Day just plain white. ;)

Here, too, but it's always carefully designated as "winter white" not just white. The rule is still subtlety honored by not calling whites worn after Labor Day just plain white. ;)

Winter White is more on an ivory tone and is quite popular around Christmas here.

Of course white blouses are popular anytime. Complicated thing, this fashion business isn't it?:)

It is ok to wear white slacks and white shoes.....as long as you also have a white belt. Preferably those patent leather white loafers for men-the ones with the nice buckle on them. Very smart-especially when the slacks are hitched up as far as possible making them a little short at the bottom.

Winter White is more on an ivory tone and is quite popular around Christmas here.

Of course white blouses are popular anytime. Complicated thing, this fashion business isn't it?:)

It sometimes is hard being a woman, isn't it?! And yes, there are differences in winter white vs. white white. I do like the softer winter white shades and don't hesitate wearing winter white in the winter, especially at the holidays. But then of course there is the problem of shoe color. Ivory or bone, not white.

Archived