Singles to get Double Points

2 cabins singles - 8 points per person x 2=16-4=12 net

I was going with Tagsalong's theory.

First Tagsalong got it right there with 4 extra Points and while your math might be right on the first look it´s not Logical.

if you Combine cruise credits between the two you Need to do this on all sides,

so it Needs to be 2 cabin Singles - 8 Points per Person x 2=16-8(if combining the two you Need to Combine the two in one cabin as well)=8 net.

Point chasers can buy 4 extra credits/points, as of this moment, for just $28. The Enchantment Nov 4th sailing went on-sale this morning to $119 double occupancy, $133 single. A couple getting two rooms will pay $409.91 vs $381.91 for a single room. Plus we would get double amenities as Diamond plus, ie. four beers, two snack baskets, two wines. Too bad we are already booked on the Freedom that week or else we would have jumped all over this one.

I came back to edit that I forgot: depending on your moral and ethical persuasions, the gratuity amount will be higher with two rooms.

Gratuities are charged per person, so wouldn't they be the same either way?

Was on Brilliance 9/28/13 , C& A points posted today 10/11/13 did not post as double . There appears to be no rhyme or reason. Will be calling C&A tomorrow.

Maybe they have changed their minds. Maybe we need to see the find print to see who really qualifies. Certain ships? Certain price point? Temporary test? Who knows at this point? But it sure doesn't seem fair in your case.

What type of cabin did you have. Was it cheap? How much single supplement? Not that I think any of this should matter. But maybe there is more to this unwritten policy than we know.

Hmmm....for someone who doesn't care, you have posted 28 times in this thread. And a few times in another thread about the same topic. I am sorry that my extra 7 points are so offensive to you. I will call RC and see if they can be removed. By the way, you can't be opposed to something and not care about it at the same time. Have a nice day.

Really! Your points don't offend me. I post because this whole thing is quite entertaining. The amount of points you get will make no difference to my level. The amount of points I get will make no difference to my level.

I will have a nice day. Thank you.

Gold is 3 to 29 points

Platinum is 30 to 54 points

Emerald is 55 to 79 points

Diamond is 80 to 174 points

Diamond Plus is 175 to 699 points

Pinnacle is 700 and up

I realize I can look this up. But do you really have this committed to memory? If so, good for you. I have a hard time remembering my cell phone number. :)

True, I messed up on this.

Now, another thought, can you get the stock credit on each cabin thereby doubling up on your OBC? If not then you should be able to get the stock OBC on one cabin and on-board-booking OBC on the other, thus making the two cabin scenario only 3 dollars different instead of $28 for this particular November Enchantment cruise.

Edited by Tagsalong

Now, another thought, can you get the stock credit on each cabin thereby doubling up on your OBC? If not then you should be able to get the stock OBC on one cabin and on-board-booking OBC on the other, thus making the two cabin scenario only 3 dollars different instead of $28 for this particular November Enchantment cruise.

Shareholder benefit states that "if shares are held jointly, 100 shares are required for each onboard credited requested on any one sailing" which sounds like you must own 200 shares if you are going to request it for each room. Although I'd be surprised if anyone noticed during the request. For the shorter sailings, the OBC is better if it's for shareholders. $50 for a 5 night or less compared to just $25 for booking on board or "next cruise" bookings.

Gina

Yes, as I've said before there are point chasers. Anyone who cruises often enough runs into them. And yes, I've actually had people say, "I'm a point chaser" this cruise was so cheap I booked it for the points. This isn't to say they aren't having fun on the cruise. Now they will likely have double the fun. :p

Gina

All I can say is that they work hard for their points. Let them enjoy them. Me - I earned Diamond level the old way (all inside cabins). The only benefit I claim from my Diamond level is the free photograph each cruise.

I cruise because I love to cruise. It's not worth it to me to work so hard at it.

Happy sails.:)

Kathy

All I can say is that they work hard for their points. Let them enjoy them. Me - I earned Diamond level the old way (all inside cabins). The only benefit I claim from my Diamond level is the free photograph each cruise.

I cruise because I love to cruise. It's not worth it to me to work so hard at it.

Happy sails.:)

Kathy

Agree100%.

That's what I was thinking. We have always doubled up on gratuities (plus!) back before they were automatically added, so this would make no difference at all.

Kathy

You are correct, though some people would tip more in this situation.

Since the room steward has one less guest, some solos decide to double their tip to the room steward (not necessarily doubling gratuities to other crew). As opposed to the waitewhales the same job and has the same number of guests whether a couple occupies one cabin or two.

of course, like nearly everything on this thread, that logic is debatable. After all, if more solo cabins are booked, that frees up the cruiseline to accept more 3/4 person bookings. So potentially the steward gets more tips from multiple people in another one of his cabins. And I do not know if stewards are given a set number of cabins each week or if they get a variable number cabins depending upon cabin occupancy.

Too funny. There's no place like Cruise Critic for a new policy dissection. :D

If you are saying that the number of points should match the supplement, I don't have a problem with that.

So pay 200%, get double the points. Pay 150%, get 150% of the points. Pay 110%, get 110% of the points. Pay 100%, get 100% of the points. Seems fair. Perhaps that will stop all the whining about singles, who have been stiffed since cruising began, about solo cruisers getting double points when paying only 110%.

That makes a lot of sense. And I've been known to sail solo, so I have felt your pain.

That 14 points we get as a couple doesn't help my point count go up like that(it's really like we only get 7 towards our total)........my husband and I both have the same number of points,even though I have cruised without him(and more in the future now with this change of plans:p)

Not that I don't love my husband, but that's something I wish RCI would do away with. Princess gives me a black card for Elite because I have more cruises than he does and gives him a silver card for Platinum (although that will change with our next cruise:D). I'm not aware of any line outside of the RCCL family that gives reciprocal status. And that status seems to be permanent for adults - I recall a poster saying that her ex-husband still has her C&A status.

As for the poster who got double credits when paying 150% on Princess (forgot who it was, and can only quote 2 posts), good for you (and I mean that:)), but that isn't their policy. I've cruised with less than 200% and only gotten one point. Were you perchance in a full suite?

As for the poster who got double credits when paying 150% on Princess (forgot who it was, and can only quote 2 posts), good for you (and I mean that:)), but that isn't their policy. I've cruised with less than 200% and only gotten one point. Were you perchance in a full suite?

That was me :) No, I was in an obstructed oceanview. I paid about 150% of the double occupancy per person price on the day I booked the cruise. The per person price dropped later on, but they didn't adjust the solo price and kept it about the same as what I paid. I think with all the price fluctuations, at one point my fare was about 180%, but there were never price drops that would have made my fare a full 200% of the listed price.

Was on Brilliance 9/28/13 , C& A points posted today 10/11/13 did not post as double . There appears to be no rhyme or reason. Will be calling C&A tomorrow.

In order to get the double points the sailing had to be after October 3rd. RCCL only went back to that date

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Forums mobile app

In order to get the double points the sailing had to be after October 3rd. RCCL only went back to that date

It turns out that was incorrect info. Those sailings where the points got posted starting on October 3rd got double.

We were on the Allure 9/22 and got double points for solo cruisers

It turns out that was incorrect info. Those sailings where the points got posted starting on October 3rd got double.

So how far back did they go to give credit? Just curious. Appreciate the correction as that seemed to be what everyone had been saying

So how far back did they go to give credit? Just curious. Appreciate the correction as that seemed to be what everyone had been saying

The only reports I have read so far were folks that cruised starting on 9/22 and after. If there were any cruises prior to that that got double points maybe they will post here.

So how far back did they go to give credit? Just curious. Appreciate the correction as that seemed to be what everyone had been saying.

My guess is there is no set time for how far back they go. They are only looking at cruises posting points after Oct 3. If you go by their normal week to post points, that could be cruises ending after Sep 26. This is one case where it could be a good thing if your points take longer to post.

Edited by clarea

Like Molly361, I got double points for solo on Allure 9/22. I was pleasantly surprised. Then I got single points for the following cruise Allure 9/29 (it was a B2B). So now I am confused.

Both cruises were great fun and great values. The prices and supplements we're similar for both cruises. I think I'll wait a week or so to see if things shake out on their own. If not, I'll call and chat with C&A.