Brilliance of the Seas - What do you love about her?

luvseaair

I will be making my first cruise on the Brilliance in May. Maybe your thread got lost because the posting was in the a.m. in the States. Since the majority of my cruising has been on Cunard and HAL I am curious about your experience. We did a family holiday cruise years ago on RCL. Hope other experienced Brilliance cruisers respond.

Lots of glass and sea views which are really nice compared to Oasis and Allure which have much more inside views. Totally different experience. We really enjoyed Brilliance to the Panama Canal. Am ready to try her again since her drydock. We will be onboard again in April '14. Really can't wait.

I already posted in different thread

Ocean views... You can see ocean from other ships too of course, but here views are everywhere. Even from elevators.

B_Ship_Elevators11.JPG

B_Ship_Elevators8.JPG

Covered pool. Very convenient in rainy/cold weather

B_Ship_PoolClosed3.JPG

Overall it is a beautiful ship with nice service, good food.

Both our Jewel and Brilliances cruises were totally relaxing and wonderful. The ships are obviously smaller and we didn't feel the need to run from thing to thing to get our moneys worth. We had lots to do, made wonderful friends and came home stress free without feeling like we needed a vacation from our vacation. And, for us, the huge plus is being able to sail out of Tampa which is 45 mins away. We look forward to see and use all the new enhancements to Brilliance next year, we can't wait.

We love the Radiance class ships. We have been on the Radiance, Serenade and Jewel twice a piece but have not yet been on the Brilliance. We will be sailing on her in November and can't wait. I just wish RCCL would have more 7 days out of Tampa. We're on the only one this season.

We are going on the Brilliance of the Seas for the third time, but the first time since it has be refurbished. We spent ten days on the Brilliance for a holiday sailing through the Panama Canal and a two week sailing over the summer in the Mediterranean. The ship was beautiful and very accommodating then, and we are looking forward to the newly renovated version next month. We will be going on a one week specialty cruise out of Tampa that was chartered by a travel agency in Santa Rosa, California. We are diamond members and have been on many Royal Caribbean cruises in the past. This is our first experience booking a chartered cruise, and it has not been a pleasant one! We have never had a problem with Royal Caribbean, as they always honor a drop in the price or they add an amenity if they can't. We realize that Royal Caribbean is not involved with the booking of this cruise and we don't blame them for the trouble that we've experienced with this travel agency. We overpaid for this cruise and were not properly accommodated when the price dropped in half. We were told that we could possibly get a cabin with a balcony, if we called back a month before the cruise departs. I did call, as the cruise leaves November 9th, and I was told that there were no balcony cabins available. Of course, I went online and there were several balcony cabins available. When I offered to pay the difference between what I paid and the current price listed online for the balcony cabin, they pulled a bait & switch. Now the balcony cabins were available, but it was going to cost more than the price listed online. I know that Royal Caribbean would never pull a stunt like that, but, again, this is not their fault. I've learned a hard lesson about booking a cruise through a travel agency that was unknown to me. I'm still hoping that my husband and I will enjoy this cruise and we are looking forward to returning to the Brilliance of the Seas. I do have a bitter taste in my mouth about booking a charter, and will never do so again!

DH and I spent our honeymoon in Brilliance. Don't know if it was the itinerary (12 night med vs our 'usual' Caribbean trips), the accommodations (GS) or the ship itself... But I remember her fondly!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Great reading your thoughts.

AHB626 - wishing you a great holiday, sorry to hear you've suffered such rotten treatment from your TA. Might be worth sending an email to Royal Caribbean to tell them about it, I know you didn't book through them, however I'm sure they'd be diappointed to hear that a TA is treating a valued customer of their's in that way. They might be able to apply some leverage. It's worth a go. Good luck.

Tatka - thankyou for posting the wonderful elevator photos. As well as being in obvious awe of the stunning views, I remember wondering how they managed to keep the steel(?) so sparkling.

We loved the bar in the colony club right at the back of the ship. Incredible view.

Remember being startled by the lifesize sculpture of the teenage boy with his feet dangling over the edge at the top of the elevator shaft first time I saw him. Loved all the art work.

The food in Giovannis was fantasic, worth every penny or should I say cent of the $20 surchage.

Couldn't fault the crew, everybody so friendly.

We also loved the outdoor seating area in the Windjammer. Wish we were there right now. :)

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Forums mobile app

The thing I love the most is we will be boarding her in 5 days for a 20 night B2B :D.

Brilliance is the only Radiance class ship we have yet to sail, and we fully intend to love her as much as we love her sisters.

Boarding any of the 4 ships in the class has always felt to us like we were coming home.

I sailed the Brilliance in February. She's a beautiful ship with lots of glass and views of the ocean. I liked the outside eating area also.

My only complaint was they had the worst coffee I have ever had. it was undrinkable. Even the employees were at Latitudes buying coffee. We really missed the Promenade Café!

WE are Diamond members. Our last 5 cruises have been on The Jewel, our favorite, including her repositioning to San Juan. We're taking The Brilliance to Russia, & The Baltics this coming June . Just to check her out, we're doing a 4 nite cruise on her out of Tampa this December. Hopefully, we will not be disappointed I gather the two ships are similar. Fran

We are going on the Brilliance of the Seas for the third time, but the first time since it has be refurbished. We spent ten days on the Brilliance for a holiday sailing through the Panama Canal and a two week sailing over the summer in the Mediterranean. The ship was beautiful and very accommodating then, and we are looking forward to the newly renovated version next month. We will be going on a one week specialty cruise out of Tampa that was chartered by a travel agency in Santa Rosa, California. We are diamond members and have been on many Royal Caribbean cruises in the past. This is our first experience booking a chartered cruise, and it has not been a pleasant one! We have never had a problem with Royal Caribbean, as they always honor a drop in the price or they add an amenity if they can't. We realize that Royal Caribbean is not involved with the booking of this cruise and we don't blame them for the trouble that we've experienced with this travel agency. We overpaid for this cruise and were not properly accommodated when the price dropped in half. We were told that we could possibly get a cabin with a balcony, if we called back a month before the cruise departs. I did call, as the cruise leaves November 9th, and I was told that there were no balcony cabins available. Of course, I went online and there were several balcony cabins available. When I offered to pay the difference between what I paid and the current price listed online for the balcony cabin, they pulled a bait & switch. Now the balcony cabins were available, but it was going to cost more than the price listed online. I know that Royal Caribbean would never pull a stunt like that, but, again, this is not their fault. I've learned a hard lesson about booking a cruise through a travel agency that was unknown to me. I'm still hoping that my husband and I will enjoy this cruise and we are looking forward to returning to the Brilliance of the Seas. I do have a bitter taste in my mouth about booking a charter, and will never do so again!

We're also on this cruise and booked when the fares were quite high. We've decided to "live and learn" and probably will never book a charter again, at least through this company. We did not book directly from the sponsoring travel agency but through an online travel agency that we've used many times. We were able to get an OBC and a spa and specialty dining voucher which makes up a little for the $600pp more that we're paying versus if we'd waited to book later. We didn't even try to get the lower fare because we knew it would be a waste of time. We're looking forward to the cruise since we'll be on the Brilliance over Christmas as well. Did you sign up for the Meet and Mingle?

Archived