Opinions on an Upsell to PS please!

CruiseWhere

This is a difficult post to write. We're on the same cruise with CruiseWhere. I was also booked in an SA and I knew there was still one Pinnacle Suite available and at some point HAL would probably try to up-sell it.

But I had been sailing for five years in suites on HAL and was never offered an up-sell, until yesterday. With only one PS available I didn't realize they would offer it to more than one person at a time, why set someone up for disappointment? But they did.

I received an email from my TA about 2:15 pm yesterday offering the upgrade. I responded immediately, "Please take it. It's Mona's birthday. You only live once." By 2:30 pm we had the cabin.

We've never sailed before in such a large suite. It will be a treat that we'll probably do only once.

Catherine and Frank, we look forward to meeting you on the cruise and we would be very happy if you would join us in the cabin one day for drinks.

Tom.

Congratulations on your upsell. :) The Pinnacle Suites are nice.

Hope you enjoy it and your wife has a wonderful birthday.

This is a difficult post to write. We're on the same cruise with CruiseWhere. I was also booked in an SA and I knew there was still one Pinnacle Suite available and at some point HAL would probably try to up-sell it.

But I had been sailing for five years in suites on HAL and was never offered an up-sell, until yesterday. With only one PS available I didn't realize they would offer it to more than one person at a time, why set someone up for disappointment? But they did.

I received an email from my TA about 2:15 pm yesterday offering the upgrade. I responded immediately, "Please take it. It's Mona's birthday. You only live once." By 2:30 pm we had the cabin.

We've never sailed before in such a large suite. It will be a treat that we'll probably do only once.

Catherine and Frank, we look forward to meeting you on the cruise and we would be very happy if you would join us in the cabin one day for drinks.

Tom.

good for you :D You did nothing wrong - offers go out to not just one and they don't wait for one decision;)

I think you will have a blast and enjoy it. I am sure Cruisewhere will be happy in her Neptune Suite. How nice of you to invite them for dirnks:)

enjoy it- you were willing to spend the money and didn't hesitate. I have said it before and I will say it again - he who hesitates is lost.

So nice that you are taking advantage of a special occasion to enjoy this - have a great cruise:D

good for you :D You did nothing wrong - offers go out to not just one and they don't wait for one decision;)

enjoy it- you were willing to spend the money and didn't hesitate. I have said it before and I will say it again - he who hesitates is lost.

D

Kazu, perhaps you did not read my initial post!!!! Frank had been admitted to the hospital and I was with him. As I'm sure you are aware, due to your DH's position, cell phones are not to be used. I had mine on silent and didn't get to it for a few hours, because of the situation at hand! I did not hesitate, when I picked up my TA's message. Due to the circumstances I didn't have the opportunity. Yes it is our loss but not due to hesitating!!

CruiseWhere - Please don't feel bad. As others have said, those offers go out to many, many passengers. If I had to "guess" I would say every cabin in SC-SB-SA received that same offer. Even if you saw the message shortly after it came to you - someone else (Tom) might have called first. Enjoy your cruise.

We love Neptune Suites. My personal opinion is that $2,000 would buy a lot of other luxuries on a 7-day cruise than just more space. But that's just me.

I hope you are not too disappointed. It sounds like a rough time with health issues currently, so you can use that $2000 for something else rewarding, like a special long weekend, or a nice piece of jewelry to commemorate your cruise. You already have a super nice suite! Enjoy it and hope yiou have a beautiful cruise!

PS...Last month I was travelling for business. Upon check-in at a Hilton property i was informed I had been selected as their diamond guest of the day. Mmmmk. So i end up in a 2 bedroom, two bathroom suite that just made me feel, well, a little strange. It would have been great if I had friends and family there, but I was alone. I shut most of the doors, and ate most of the complimentary goodies that were in the basket they gave me. That was strange too, because i try to avoid junk and candy unless on vacation or holiday.

The only time we had the PH suite it also felt almost too big, although you could twist my arm to try it again at the right price :) i respect the well used economy of space found in cruise ship accomodations. It is neat and cozy for us. Have to have at least a balcony, though, and a suite is even better!

I hope you are not too disappointed. It sounds like a rough time with health issues currently, so you can use that $2000 for something else rewarding, like a special long weekend, or a nice piece of jewelry to commemorate your cruise. You already have a super nice suite! Enjoy it and hope yiou have a beautiful cruise!

PS...Last month I was travelling for business. Upon check-in at a Hilton property i was informed I had been selected as their diamond guest of the day. Mmmmk. So i end up in a 2 bedroom, two bathroom suite that just made me feel, well, a little strange. It would have been great if I had friends and family there, but I was alone. I shut most of the doors, and ate most of the complimentary goodies that were in the basket they gave me. That was strange too, because i try to avoid junk and candy unless on vacation or holiday.

The only time we had the PH suite it also felt almost too big, although you could twist my arm to try it again at the right price :) i respect the well used economy of space found in cruise ship accomodations. It is neat and cozy for us. Have to have at least a balcony, though, and a suite is even better!

Great post. Thank you for it.

I 'get it'. :)

CruiseWhere, down the road you may get another chance at the penthouse. But if they offer it to a lot of people, then it truly becomes whoever responds first gets it.

Take Tom up on his offer to check it out and have a drink. And enjoy your suite!

Due to the circumstances I didn't have the opportunity. Yes it is our loss but not due to hesitating!!

Sorry you missed out but even if you HAD been able to say "Yes, YES" instantly, you may have still missed out. As mentioned, the offer likely went out to many people, and several of them may have ALL said "yes" and the PH went to the person whose TA got back to HAL fastest.

Sorry you missed out but even if you HAD been able to say "Yes, YES" instantly, you may have still missed out. As mentioned, the offer likely went out to many people, and several of them may have ALL said "yes" and the PH went to the person whose TA got back to HAL fastest.

OK Thank you!!!!!! I think enough had been said about this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No I would not, now if it were 999.00 for two I would, but ofcourse that is just my opinion.

When we were asked to "buy up" I told them what I would pay. On the third phone call from HAL we agreed on a price. Best money I ever spent! We had the Penthouse suite on Prinsendam for two weeks. I would do it again in a heartbeat!

When we were asked to "buy up" I told them what I would pay. On the third phone call from HAL we agreed on a price. Best money I ever spent! We had the Penthouse suite on Prinsendam for two weeks. I would do it again in a heartbeat!

same thing here:D Only for 31 days:) It's a totally different penthouse and I would be very tempted as well to do it again. But I am trying to have will power:D

same thing here:D Only for 31 days:) It's a totally different penthouse and I would be very tempted as well to do it again. But I am trying to have will power:D

"Trying to have will power"? Not me, I have every intention of spending the kids inheritance...... and if I intend to go in style! :D:D

"Trying to have will power"? Not me, I have every intention of spending the kids inheritance...... and if I intend to go in style! :D:D

Love it - the kids aren't getting much as it is;)

actually one of our roll call members had the best cc name - it stood for "Spending Kids Inheritance World Wide" (ski ww). Just too good!

That's the way it should be. My parents scraped by all their lives. I always tell them they shouldn't worry about us kids. We are all doing fine.

Catherine, we sincerely hope that Frank is doing better and that things are good with you, too. You know very well that you can entertain in a suite as you both so graciously entertained us last Spring. We recently took an upgrade offer on a Vista Suite on the Ryndam on Nov 2...I'm already feeling an anxiety attack imagining having that large private verandah with so much grazing and roaming room as well as milking space, but yet no goat! And what will we do with that refrigerator and no need to keep the goat formula cool and fresh? We hope to see you both onboard so we can boogey in the Crow's Nest and then be recognised by complete strangers snickering in the elevator the following day as was the case on the Maasdam earlier this year. Who cares, what fun! Cheers! Craig and Denis

Thank you so very much for your kind and thoughtful words Craig!!! You can't imagine how much Frank & I both appreciate it. You really get it!!

How we both wish that you and Denis were on this cruise with us!! We could do the co parenting thing between us.;)

Thrilled for you to hear of your upgrade! Hope you have some red tulips to adorn your verandah. Make sure you use your sprinkler and get lots of water from the well, and make sure you are awake to enjoy your room service.

Let's hope sometime in the future we are on the same cruise together.

Our love to you both!!!

Cheers, Salut my friends!!

Archived