Opinions on an Upsell to PS please!

CruiseWhere

I'm putting this out there as I/we are curious on whether you would or would not have taken the upsell...

TA left a msg for us...we are booked on the Eurodam, one week Western Caribbean in a Neptune Suite but offering an upsell of $999.00/person.

Would you take it or not?????

Inquiring minds want to know...

I'm putting this out there as I/we are curious on whether you would or would not have taken the upsell...

TA left a msg for us...we are booked on the Eurodam, one week Western Caribbean in a Neptune Suite but offering an upsell of $999.00/person.

We paid that about amount for an upsell to a PH from a Neptune Suite for 11 days on the Zuiderdam in May. Was it worth it--absolutely! We would do it again if we got the opportunity.

What would your total cost be?

How much would you save over the posted price?

Your title lines says "PS" and the body of the post says "Neptune Suite"

Is the upgrade from a Neptune Suite to a Penthouse Suite?

Cruise where - that price is not bad IMO for the upsell. It sounds like it is less than the mid point between the Neptune Suite and the PS which is where HAL has been pricing. PS on the ship should be very nice. We did the Zuiderdam and really enjoyed it. Now, we were travelling with friends so it was put to good use.

If you are travelling with friends, it can make it even better. If it's something you'd like to experience, go for it. If you are happy in your SA then no worries.

It might not be available for long - depends upon the others to whom it was offered and if they think it is worth it.

The only people who matters is it worth it or not is the two of you.

We enjoyed the PS, in room dining (course by course) at the dining room table and the taste of luxury.

I'd be very tempted myself :)

Thank you EVERYONE for your thoughts and opinions!

I received the call when my phone was on silence while in the hospital with my DH. When I happened to be checking my phone 45 mins later and than subsequently calling the TA with our decision, and yes DH said if you want it than book it, it had already been taken.

I was upset as we have never experienced one in our only 4 cruises with HAL as we have only booked SA or S cabins. DH on the other hand can't understand why we would need the room etc.....No we are not entertaining so as he put it its all about luxury and vanity:p

I just didn't want to hear that I had lost out on a great deal....

Thank you for making me feel better for the most part!!:)

The PH is really special and I'm so glad I got too experience it. It came at the perfect time for me. It is a little high based on what I paid in Alaska BUT I find upsells are very high lately. When I took the upsell I phoned Seattle and I bet she didn't even have her coat off yet. You can't think for a long time. I met a couple on the Oosterdam that said they considered the upsell for days. I told him it was long gone by then.

come on..... you would book it too if you could!

We refused upsells to PS. We would not pay $2,000 more for a seven day cruise but would for a 14 dayer.

A few years ago we were offered the PS for an extra $2000 for 21 day cruise. We took it.

$2000 for a 7 day cruise is too much. JMO

I agree.

We would have done exactly the same.

That's a lot of money. We were offered that for a 14 day Panama Canal cruise on the Maasdam with no charge for the third person. I would not do it for that amount for seven days. We took it only because we were three people and it worked out for us, considering that my BIL is handicapped and it gave us the space we needed.

On another occasion we were offered the PS on the Maasdam for 11 days for $799 pp with third person no charge.

Terri

This is a difficult post to write. We're on the same cruise with CruiseWhere. I was also booked in an SA and I knew there was still one Pinnacle Suite available and at some point HAL would probably try to up-sell it.

But I had been sailing for five years in suites on HAL and was never offered an up-sell, until yesterday. With only one PS available I didn't realize they would offer it to more than one person at a time, why set someone up for disappointment? But they did.

I received an email from my TA about 2:15 pm yesterday offering the upgrade. I responded immediately, "Please take it. It's Mona's birthday. You only live once." By 2:30 pm we had the cabin.

We've never sailed before in such a large suite. It will be a treat that we'll probably do only once.

Catherine and Frank, we look forward to meeting you on the cruise and we would be very happy if you would join us in the cabin one day for drinks.

Tom.

This is a difficult post to write. We're on the same cruise with CruiseWhere. I was also booked in an SA and I knew there was still one Pinnacle Suite available and at some point HAL would probably try to up-sell it.

But I had been sailing for five years in suites on HAL and was never offered an up-sell, until yesterday. With only one PS available I didn't realize they would offer it to more than one person at a time, why set someone up for disappointment? But they did.

I received an email from my TA about 2:15 pm yesterday offering the upgrade. I responded immediately, "Please take it. It's Mona's birthday. You only live once." By 2:30 pm we had the cabin.

We've never sailed before in such a large suite. It will be a treat that we'll probably do only once.

Catherine and Frank, we look forward to meeting you on the cruise and we would be very happy if you would join us in the cabin one day for drinks.

Tom.

Offer it to 2 people at once? They probably offer it to 200 people at once. What I've learned on here is time is of the essence.

Archived