Inexpensive hotel for 4 singles in Barcelona?

GlenCoco!

hey guys,

There will be 4 of us doing liberty of the seas next March, and we embark/disembark in Barcelona.

We want to stay close to Las Rambla (where the action is!)

We are looking for a room for 4 people, each with our own beds.

Or we can do 2 rooms with 2 people in each room - whichever works out cheaper.

Keeping costs low is pretty important to us. But location is probably the most important.

What do you guys suggest? Thanks for your input!

Hi Well I have just been checking out accom for my stay in Barca :) so may be able to help. Are you wanting a Hotel as in full service place or would you be happy with a Hostal or B and B as they are all a bit different. Also how much were you thinking of per night? As one persons cheap is another persons expensive :) And if you are staying more than a couple of nights have you considered an appartment?

Like..... 200 euros for a 4 person room is definitely as high as I want to go.

We will mostly be sleeping there so it doesn't need to be really nice or anything. Just comfortable, clean, and located well.

I have not considered an apartment (didn't even know that was an option lol). But if an apartment fits my criteria then I'm all in!

We embarked in Barcelona this Past July and stayed at Hotel Lleo...daughter and her husband and two daughters had a huge room with four beds..seem to remember it was around 160 Euro which included buffet breakfast. Hotel is two short blocks from the top of Las Ramblas and right by plaza Catalunya. We were very pleased with this hotel.

Hotel Continental...I've stayed there twice. It is about 100€ a night per room. Included in the cost of the room, is their 24 hr buffet (including beer and wine). The location is on las Ramblas a couple doors from Placa Catalunya.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We are 4 singles and we are staying at Hotel Lloret.

It's on Las Ramblas and right off the square where the airport shuttle bus, HOHO bus and port shuttle bus leaves from.

I booked it for us on booking.com. With taxes included, it came to

190 euros, breakfast included for both rooms.

No hotel is perfect and on Tripadvisor the majority recommend it.:)

Good luck with your search.

We just stayed at Citadines Barcelona Ramblas, Ramblas 122, a few minutes walking from Placa Catalunya (where the Aerobus from the airport drops you off) and the Boqueria Market, Gothic Quarter etc. It is a full serviced apartment hotel with a fully equipped kitchenette. Rooms are soundproofed. We booked a special for € 99 breakfast included. In november we will be staying there again and found a great rate on their website for € 117 in a club room breakfast included. They are renovating the apartments so if you decide to book, ask for a renovated apartment. The location is super, right in the middle of the hustle and bustle. There is a lounge(where they serve breakfast) on the first floor with floor to ceiling windows, really great for people watching! You can get coffe, tea, cocoa, and water the whole day. Internet connection is free. In front if the hotel there is a Carrefour supermarket.

Another reasonable choice is Hotel Moderno, located in a side street of the Ramblas near the Boqueria market. They have rooms that accomodate 4 persons. Friends of ours will be staying there in november and booked directly with the hotel for € 69 per night breakfast included.

Not located on the Ramblas but near the Sants train station (with easy access to the metro, hop-on hop off buses etc)is a very good hotel: Gran Torre Catalunya. They have an excellent breakfast buffet and a great view of the city on the higher floors.

You can check these hotels on Tripadvisor.

Good luck and enjoy your stay in the wonderful city of Barcelona!

We embarked in Barcelona this Past July and stayed at Hotel Lleo...daughter and her husband and two daughters had a huge room with four beds..seem to remember it was around 160 Euro which included buffet breakfast. Hotel is two short blocks from the top of Las Ramblas and right by plaza Catalunya. We were very pleased with this hotel.

Excellent advice...and worth a serious consideration OP.

I love the Hotel Continental. RIGHT on Las Ramblas, free wi fi, a cooler full of pop, beer and wine for the taking - yummy cookies all day, decent breakfast, a couple of tables outside (balcony) so you can have breakfast or a snack overlooking all the action.

That being said, it's not everyone's cup of tea: pepto bismol pink is the rule of the day, and Rubbermaid stackers for furniture, for one. But it's cheap, clean, and the people who run it are super friendly.

Archived