Blue Velvet Cheesecake

nodogkisses

On Carnival's Instagram today there is a pic of Blue Velvet Cheesecake from the Shake Spot on Sunshine that looks AMAZE.

ImageUploadedByForums1381843983.173169.jpg.c6cef4a07b76c1a4decd85defe4b4f02.jpg

I cruise on the Glory in two days and would like to know if I'll be able to buy a slice of Blue Velvet Cheesecake. Please say yes.

When they start offering good old NY style cheese cake call me.

Only kind we like consistently.

I agree with you totally. I love NY style cheesecake and I've never had ANY cheesecake on Carnival (MDR, steakhouse or coffee shop) that was edible. They look great but one bite and its a big disappointment. I was hoping this Blue Velvet Cheesecake may be different and would fill a big Cheesecake void when I sail next week.

We had the blue velvet cheesecake this summer on the sunshine and it was AMAZING...

i was worried it would turn my lips and tongue blue so i made my husband eat several bites first... not that he ever minds "taste testing" lol

but the cheesecake didn't turn us blue and was so yummy. i will say the second time we got it it tasted a little older so still good, just prefered it fresher a few days before.

That cheesecake does look very good. My son is the one who requested to see something from the shake spot. He was excited that they mentiond his instagram name. We will make sure we give it a try when we are onboard in March

On Carnival's Instagram today there is a pic of Blue Velvet Cheesecake from the Shake Spot on Sunshine that looks AMAZE.

[ATTACH]289799[/ATTACH]

I cruise on the Glory in two days and would like to know if I'll be able to buy a slice of Blue Velvet Cheesecake. Please say yes.

Afraid it's a no. The desserts they sell are different from what other Carnival ships have.

Speaking of cheesecake, the strawberry cheesecake from the coffee bar on other Carnival ships is nothing less than amazing and the same goes for the cheesecake from the steakhouse. The cheesecake in the MDR could use a little work.

Afraid it's a no. The desserts they sell are different from what other Carnival ships have.

Speaking of cheesecake, the strawberry cheesecake from the coffee bar on other Carnival ships is nothing less than amazing and the same goes for the cheesecake from the steakhouse. The cheesecake in the MDR could use a little work.

Thank you for this answer, I kinda knew deep down it was just on ships that had a Shake Spot (Sunshine). I have had the cheese cake from the coffee bar and it tasted too cheesy (not sweet enough) to me, like eating Philly Cream Cheese straight. Couldn't like it. I also have had it from the steakhouse, but actually never gave it a fair shake since I am always too full to try it, haul it back to the room and put in the fridge and then sometime the next day take a bite and it's not good, probably from sitting around so long. That Blue Velvet Cheesecake looks so good since there are cake layers in between, Just may have to book the Sunshine to try it.

Not that you need to know this, but what you put in your body that is blue, comes out another color:eek:. Doesn't mean you are dieing, but why would anyone want to eat that much food coloring is beyond me.

Edited by marshhawk

From your pics Sarge and from other reviews, I'd have to say the food choices on the Sunshine look awesome!

I will agree on the cheescake in the steakhouse. Much closer to the cheesecakes in better restaurants (the old Il Molino's in Manhattanand Juniors in Brooklyn, IIRC,golfadj, come to mind) than the denser things found in most venues and the grocers freezers.

Cheesecake at the steakhouse on Liberty two weeks ago was huge, looked great and after two bites decided not worth eating.

Did have a very good one at tea time a year or so ago.

I had the cheesecake in the steakhouse on the Dream, and like yours, it was huge and looked great. Didn't taste very good though. This year on the Liberty, I didn't bother ordering it.

I find the cheesecake is very good, and really indulge. For those who don't care for it, it is likely because you are full from the main course. Many things don't taste good if you aren't hungry;)

Sorry good cheesecake is good cheesecake, doesnt matter if hungry are not a matter of my taste buds

From your pics Sarge and from other reviews, I'd have to say the food choices on the Sunshine look awesome!

I will agree on the cheescake in the steakhouse. Much closer to the cheesecakes in better restaurants (the old Il Molino's in Manhattanand Juniors in Brooklyn, IIRC,golfadj, come to mind) than the denser things found in most venues and the grocers freezers.

This brooklyn boy has been to juniors many many times for the cheesecake. Carnivals is not close to being in its league.

[ATTACH]289799[/ATTACH]

Omg!! I cannot wait to taste this:D