Experience the Celebrity Suite Life.

dmk

I received an email from Celebrity yesterday. It basically said this:

From time to time, we have upgrades available on select sailings, and as a Captain's Club member, you'll have the first opportunity to take advantage of these exciting upgrade opportunities—at amazing rates. So, we're excited to let you know that for your upcoming vacation on Celebrity ReflectionSM, you can upgrade to a higher stateroom category at a discounted rate.*

It gave a telephone number for my TA call. When she tried she was told that there were no more upgrades left.

What I found interesting is that the email had my name, res# and captains club number. It was not a general email sent out to everyone.

Has anybody else received such an email and were they able to take advantage of it? I was to late.

From time to time, we have upgrades available on select sailings, and as a Captain's Club member, you'll have the first opportunity to take advantage of these exciting upgrade opportunities—at amazing rates. So, we're excited to let you know that for your upcoming vacation on Celebrity ReflectionSM, you can upgrade to a higher stateroom category at a discounted rate.*

It gave a telephone number for my TA call. When she tried she was told that there were no more upgrades left.

What I found interesting is that the email had my name, res# and captains club number. It was not a general email sent out to everyone.

Has anybody else received such an email and were they able to take advantage of it? I was to late.

Never received this. Perhaps I don't book enough cruises. I track my cruises for price drops and landed a Suite for the same price as my C2 on Silhouette Adriatic on November 18th.

I have never received such an email, nor have I heard of anyone else receiving such an email.

Oceania does something like this, and a friend of mine who sails Oceania has received some terrific offers. I think it would be great if Celebrity made this part of its inventory management process.

I received an email from Celebrity yesterday.

Are you before or after final payment date for your sailing? Wondering if you're sailing soon (and have already made final payment) and =X= is trying to liquidate space like they do with the weekly Xciting deals.... ???

It looks like you're sailing in a few weeks. X is just trying to fill the suites and make a little money off the upgrades. RCI did this a few years back. We were booked in a Sky Loft suite and they called with a paid upgrade to the Royal Loft. It was a first come, first served basis. More than likely X sent this out to a number of people and some reacted more quickly.

I beleve that if I had booked it directly with Celebrity, I might have had a chance. The email came in @ 6:30 p.m. last night. I could have called directly. However, it took until 11:00 this morning to make a contact with my TA.

Definitely, too late!

I hope there is a next time:rolleyes:

Just so you know, you may not be that special there is bulk mailing software that will insert names addresses etc into any mail for "customized" bulk email.

Normally you would think the TA would know but sometimes stuff is snapped up really quickly. My cruise leaves in 2 weeks and they did a suite guarantee upgrade for a few days and I think they filled a lot of suites and opened up a lot of lower cabins too!

I have never received such an email, but I think it would be a great perk for the potential higher level talked about for the Captains Club, should it ever happen.

The selfish me says that upgrades would be a great perk for top cruisers. The practical me says that it will not happen. There have been many threads on upgrade possibilities and the information has been fairly consistent. (1) There seems to be no connection between higher number of cruises and free upgrades. I'll probably reach 100 points this cruise season and have never seen a free upgrade. There are people with will over 100 points who tell me that they have never received a free upgrade, but did receive a free cruise after 100 points. (2) New Celebrity cruisers have a better chance of a free upgrade than more frequent cruises; (3) a Guarantee booking gives a better opportunity to receive an upside surprise. #2 and #3 have been reported many times.

Hope Celebrity goes for your idea Phoenix Dream.

Just so you know, you may not be that special there is bulk mailing software that will insert names addresses etc into any mail for "customized" bulk email.

Normally you would think the TA would know but sometimes stuff is snapped up really quickly. My cruise leaves in 2 weeks and they did a suite guarantee upgrade for a few days and I think they filled a lot of suites and opened up a lot of lower cabins too!

Thanks for bursting my bubble.

Sorry to be a bubble burster but I do IT and many people don't know all the tricks bulk emails are made to look personal much like the just mail at home that has your name and address in a fancy script font

or a real stamp so you will open it.

I happen to like the "randomness" of the upgrades. It's nice to think that it could happen to anyone. If it is strictly by rank and status, then lowly folks like myself might never get a chance. It's amazing how people who are blessed enough to go on a cruise in the first place (not to mention 100 of them) could ever look at something somebody else got and respond with "that's not fair!".

I happen to like the "randomness" of the upgrades. It's nice to think that it could happen to anyone. If it is strictly by rank and status, then lowly folks like myself might never get a chance. It's amazing how people who are blessed enough to go on a cruise in the first place (not to mention 100 of them) could ever look at something somebody else got and respond with "that's not fair!".

Read my post and you'll see it's not random. The record is quite clear:new cruisers on Celebrity tend to get the free upgrades. Someone just posted today that they are taking their first cruise and booked a guarantee. They got a Royal Suite. I booked the guarantee and got an S2, the lowest category.People may be "blessed" to take 100 cruises, but they PAID for every one of them. I get what I pay for and that's fair. Guess we all have a "selfish me" to one extent or another.

Against my better judgement I want to say: I am honored to know many of the most frequent cruisers. Most were not born of the Nobility. They were teachers and career military. Not the highest paying jobs. They made significant sacrifices along the way that put them in a position where they could retire doing what they dreamed of doing. They are "blessed" because THEY made it happen.

Against my better judgement I want to say: I am honored to know many of the most frequent cruisers. Most were not born of the Nobility. They were teachers and career military. Not the highest paying jobs. They made significant sacrifices along the way that put them in a position where they could retire doing what they dreamed of doing. They are "blessed" because THEY made it happen. Rather than being envious of them you should learn from them and achieve in life what is important to you.

Hi!

I am Elite with 4 credits.

dodger1964

I am curious also.

Leave out a number? Takes 10 credits to be Elite unless Diamond on RCCL. Or, perhaps you mean cruises. could be Elite with 4 cruises if you received 3 points on 2 of them.

I have been on about 70 cruises and have NEVER been upgraded. Some were guarantees, which I always got the lowest level. Once, Princess had a run of the ship special for a two night cruise, offered to Florida residents when a ship came out of dry dock early. All cabins were about a hundred dollars a person, I jumped at the offer and found about a dozen other couples to join us. When the cabin assignments arrived, all got balconies and my husband and I enjoyed our next to the engine room, inside cabin. It has become a joke for us.

However, I do look regularly for upsells- usually occurs after the final payment, when the cruise line tries to sell the extra cabins at reduced prices. I just switched to an Aquaclass suite from the regular Aquaclass for a reasonable amount. There was no offer sent- I just checked the website for pricing and called.

We were booked into an S1 to Bermuda last May and got a phone call after final payment that we could upgrade to an RS for $1200. We jumped on it and loved it so much we are booked into one again next May. There is a method to their madness.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Archived