Am I crazy...MCO to port of Miami?

lv2czlady

We're driving from Port of Miami (after we disembark the Carnival Imagination) to New Orleans to board the Carnival Imagination.

What would be better....the Florida Turnpike or I-95 to I-10

Wow! You are talking about almost 900 miles and 13+ hours on the road. :eek:

Turnpike will be shorter, but only by about 40 or so miles, and quicker with less traffic/construction -- the toll amount is not great so it is worth it to me, but it is easy for me to spend your money! :rolleyes:

Good luck -- one day I too will be able to take enough time off for a b2b cruise. :o

We're driving from Port of Miami (after we disembark the Carnival Imagination) to New Orleans to board the Carnival Imagination.

What would be better....the Florida Turnpike or I-95 to I-10

The Turnpike is an easier, much safer drive. I-95 is one of the most dangerous roads in the country. That's a very long drive, plan on 15 hours, and add a few to cover potential delays.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

Wow! You are talking about almost 900 miles and 13+ hours on the road. :eek:

Turnpike will be shorter, but only by about 40 or so miles, and quicker with less traffic/construction -- the toll amount is not great so it is worth it to me, but it is easy for me to spend your money! :rolleyes:

Good luck -- one day I too will be able to take enough time off for a b2b cruise. :o

Thanks....we're breaking the drive up a little. We're staying the first night with a family friend who lives in Madison, FL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Turnpike is an easier, much safer drive. I-95 is one of the most dangerous roads in the country. That's a very long drive, plan on 15 hours, and add a few to cover potential delays.

Thank-You....what makes I-95 so dangerous??? We will be taking the Turnpike.

Thank-You....what makes I-95 so dangerous??? We will be taking the Turnpike.

Too many trucks, cars driven by speed demons, older drivers who probably shouldn't be, and tourists all sharing a slice of road at an average speed of 80 mph, often for no reason other than to save a few bucks in tolls.

I saw you at headed to Madison, keep an eye on the speedometer, there have been a lot of speed traps on I-75 around G'Ville and Live Oak, and I-10 just east of Madison lately.

We live in Orlando and cruise out of POM all the time. It's about a 3.5 hour drive on the FL Turnpike. The FL Turnpike is a toll road. We use the Sun Pass, which gives a discount, so I'm not sure of the exact cost, but I think it's about $25 to go from Orlando To POM without the Sun Pass. It's not a bad drive at all!

We live in Orlando and cruise out of POM all the time. It's about a 3.5 hour drive on the FL Turnpike. The FL Turnpike is a toll road. We use the Sun Pass, which gives a discount, so I'm not sure of the exact cost, but I think it's about $25 to go from Orlando To POM without the Sun Pass. It's not a bad drive at all!

Assuming the intersection with I-4 as the starting point and taking the Turnpike to the end in Miami, the cash toll cost is $17.90.

We will be driving from POM to Orlando on Sunday. Is I/95 crazy on Sundays as well or is the turnpike still the best option?

There is no good time on I-95. Take the Turnpike, it's a relaxing drive.

There is no good time on I-95. Take the Turnpike, it's a relaxing drive.

Don't think I would call the Turnpike a relaxing drive, I've seen tons of horrible drivers on it. I will say that I really do prefer it over 95 and try to drive on this as little as possible though.

AFter making the drive from Naples to Orlando about once per month for 13 years, I can honestly say that I so much prefer driving on the West Coast to the East Coast.