Priority boarding at Cape Liberty

I just got called my cruise rep because I saw a price drop. Not only did RCCL honor the new price, but they gave me "priority boarding" as well! I'll be driving to Cape Liberty, but I assume this priority boarding only gets me on the ship faster, right? No special parking lanes for us priority people? (this is going to go to my head really fast :D)

Anything else I should know? Will my cabin be ready sooner? Welcome champaign, chocolates, or strawberries? Okay, just kidding - sort of - but I'm excited to be honored for my loyalty after one cruise!

I just got called my cruise rep because I saw a price drop. Not only did RCCL honor the new price, but they gave me "priority boarding" as well! I'll be driving to Cape Liberty, but I assume this priority boarding only gets me on the ship faster, right? No special parking lanes for us priority people? (this is going to go to my head really fast :D)

Anything else I should know? Will my cabin be ready sooner? Welcome champaign, chocolates, or strawberries? Okay, just kidding - sort of - but I'm excited to be honored for my loyalty after one cruise!

Priority boarding gets you a lower number on the bus that takes you to the ship. No difference in stateroom access, they will be ready about 1pm

I've already spent quite a lot of time there and wasn't sure where to post this question. If I posted there, someone would have told me to post it on the Royal board ;)

So..... no special chocolates?

No special chocolates.

...but I'm excited to be honored for my loyalty after one cruise!

As stated, nothing really concerning the boarding process, other than an earlier ride to the ship. Cape Liberty is one terminal where you cannot walk directly onto the ship; they have buses which take you to the ship a short distance away. The suite guests and higher Crown and Anchor Members are boarded first, so it sounds like you may be included in the group after them.

However, being a Gold member you will receive some perks such as discount coupons, and an invitation to the Welcome Back Party, where there are some complimentary drinks and appetizers.

Enjoy your cruise. :)

We just got off the Explorer a couple weeks ago. This was our first time using Cape Liberty. We had a JS and was able to use the suite check in and waiting area.

We could hear them making announcements before he boarding process in the main area letting people know that handicapped persons would be boarding first, then they would be calling by group number to board the buses. While they were doing that, they opened our doors in a separate area for suite guests to start boarding.

As it worked out, we were one of the last people to board the first bus to the ship which meant we were right next to the doors when they opened them. As it turns out, my wife and I were the 5th and 6th person to board the ship. That was a first for us!

We were chatting with some of the others that were there commenting how nice it was not waiting for an elevator, going straight from deck 1 to deck 11 without stopping and having first choice seating in the windjammer with no crowds!

I'm not sure what priority boarding gets you, but we enjoyed what we had.

to Bluecookies I was just gonna ask if JS were able to board earlier. I had thoughts but couldn't remember. Plus that will help because my mother has a slight mobility issue. (slow walker just had both knees replaced in June)

Yes, JS are included in the priority check-in and boarding.

Archived