Napkin Folding - Special Touch

Feelin' Nauti'

The Boys showed up for Napkin Folding! :D

Our older teen GD was on a Celebrity cruise (Silhouette) with another friend whose family was there a well. They told the boys they met at the hot-tub-area they needed to leave and get ready to go to Napkin Folding. Guess what ... the boys showed up as well.

:D One of the guys said, "I could really impress "chippies" by making pretty napkins to go under their drinks. They might even think I was sensitive .... "

LuLu

~~~~

Can you imagine folding napkins for thousands of guests? :eek:

Napkin Fold on the Celebrity Eclipse

It’s actually very interesting to see the table linen shaped like a flower.

It's very pretty, but I can't imagine folding napkins like that for every single guest. Although, when I was a server, we had to roll silverware into the napkins at the end of each night, so I guess I can imagine it. :p

To me, it seems like it's a lot of extra work for only a slight difference. I'd rather my server take a few minutes to sit down!

It's very pretty, but I can't imagine folding napkins like that for every single guest. Although, when I was a server, we had to roll silverware into the napkins at the end of each night, so I guess I can imagine it. :p

To me, it seems like it's a lot of extra work for only a slight difference. I'd rather my server take a few minutes to sit down!

I noticed on our April Century cruise that our napkins were just folded as rectangles. Now we had late seating and perhaps our waiter had a very short time to turn the table, but we are sailing again next month so I will be able to see if that was a trend.

I noticed on our April Century cruise that our napkins were just folded as rectangles. Now we had late seating and perhaps our waiter had a very short time to turn the table, but we are sailing again next month so I will be able to see if that was a trend.

Same on the Constellation cruise in May, in early seating. It was another thing that had been discontinued.

Same on the Constellation cruise in May, in early seating. It was another thing that had been discontinued.

No matter now it's folded, a linen napkin instead of paper guarantees an air of glamor at the table.

Well, now I'm disappointed - we were on the Norwegian Dawn last month, and noticed that the napkins were just the rectangles on the table, not nearly as impressive as the fancy folded ones that we had on the HAL ships. Makes an impression when you enter the dining room to see them made like birds, flowers, etc. We are on our first Celebrity cruise, the Century, and hoped that they would have the nice touches like HAL. We'll see. Maybe the food & service will make up for it.

Just another "little" thing being discontinued, but those little things were some of what we looked forward to on a cruise. Last month - no chocolates at the evening turn-down and no mini-newspapers on NCL. Last Sept, no towel animals on Princess. We didn't see much, if any differences on HAL last Feb.

• 2 weeks later...
Just another "little" thing being discontinued, but those little things were some of what we looked forward to on a cruise. Last month - no chocolates at the evening turn-down and no mini-newspapers on NCL. Last Sept, no towel animals on Princess. We didn't see much, if any differences on HAL last Feb.

I have been on several Princess cruises, they do not make animal towels.

Archived