Bringing beverages/water on RCI

Just received a response from RCI about their policies of bringing bottles of water/soda onboard. RCI's answer: "Guests are welcome to bring dry, nonperishable snack items...we do not generally allow guests to bring their own beverages onboard". I've read posts from people who have said they have brought water (even attached a luggage tag to a case of water, and RCI delivered to cabin) w/o a hitch...any recent stories or suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Just received a response from RCI about their policies of bringing bottles of water/soda onboard. RCI's answer: "Guests are welcome to bring dry, nonperishable snack items...we do not generally allow guests to bring their own beverages onboard". I've read posts from people who have said they have brought water (even attached a luggage tag to a case of water, and RCI delivered to cabin) w/o a hitch...any recent stories or suggestions. Thanks in advance!

The rules prohibit bringing water and soda, but they usually don't enforce them.

I put a luggage tag on a case of water out of San Juan on the 9/28/13 sailing. One bottle was missing (assuming they verified it was water?), but it was delivered to our stateroom. We figured it was worth risking $5 on the possible loss of the water. There was no way I was paying $72 for the water package...

While most of the time they do permit reasonable amounts of soda and water to be brought onboard, there are times such as spring break where they do enforce this prohibition. I think they leave it in the rules so that they can if desired enforce it and no one can complain about it.

We were on Serenade 3 weeks ago out of Barcelona and they set up a drink retail mall inside the terminal. Selling wine, water, and soda. We brought a case of Diet Coke and two bottles of wine on board.

Hey--good to see you answering a question about Barcelona. We will be there in less than 2 weeks. [can't believe it is that close.]

Did you just carry it on or put it in a piece of luggage?

• 3 weeks later...

My sisters brother in law is a dock worker for the cruise ships in Bayonne NJ. He has told us that only about 30 percent of water cases make it onto the ship. The rest of it gets "confiscated" and not by the cruise lines or govt. if you know what I mean. He said that most dock workers could supply small countries with bottled water for years

My sisters brother in law is a dock worker for the cruise ships in Bayonne NJ. He has told us that only about 30 percent of water cases make it onto the ship. The rest of it gets "confiscated" and not by the cruise lines or govt. if you know what I mean. He said that most dock workers could supply small countries with bottled water for years

I don't doubt that some of it "evaporates" but I don't see people posting that their water didn't make it on. I realize CC people are just a small percentage of cruisers but, I would think in that 70% we would hear any number of complaints here.