11 nt Queensland Cruise

I am thinking of booking an 11 night Queensland cruise on board Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Seas - (6th April 2015) and would appreciate any comments on this cruise.:)

it should be a good cruise but its easter weekend and its school holidays in most of the australian states so there could be a few kids onboard

We have done this cruise twice on Rhapsody, once in November a couple of years ago and over Easter this year.

Awesome cruise, dock in Cairns overnight (no tender, dock at the wharf so you can get on and off the ship all night).

Didn't really notice an increase in children over Easter.

Weather was great, we were able to swim as it was warm enough, Green Island was awesome even though it rained a bit while we were there.

Rhapsody is a beautiful ship, with an amazing crew. We would happily book again but are saving for Alaska.

Done it 4 times. Absolutely love it.

Love Cairns, love Airlie Beach, love the Great Barrier Reef. Love the hot weather. Love Rhapsody x 11.

Will probably do it again, after the next 8 cruises we have booked.:eek:

Edited by Aussie FF

• 2 weeks later...
it should be a good cruise but its easter weekend and its school holidays in most of the australian states so there could be a few kids onboard

Many thanks for your response - Just realised that it will be Easter - kids don't bother me - sooo looking forward to Australia (first time visit).

Done it 4 times. Absolutely love it.

Love Cairns, love Airlie Beach, love the Great Barrier Reef. Love the hot weather. Love Rhapsody x 11.

Will probably do it again, after the next 8 cruises we have booked.:eek:

Thanks for your response - this will be our first visit to Australia and a cruise seemed a good way to cover so much in such a short time.

We have done this cruise twice on Rhapsody, once in November a couple of years ago and over Easter this year.

Awesome cruise, dock in Cairns overnight (no tender, dock at the wharf so you can get on and off the ship all night).

Didn't really notice an increase in children over Easter.

Weather was great, we were able to swim as it was warm enough, Green Island was awesome even though it rained a bit while we were there.

Rhapsody is a beautiful ship, with an amazing crew. We would happily book again but are saving for Alaska.

Glad that you mentioned the weather - Is April your Autumn? What are the average temperatures at that time?

I suppose it has to be a lot warm that Scotland in April!!!

Easter is best spent in Victoria / Tasmania if u want good weather :-) Qld coast is hot most of the year. April won't be as humid but u will definitely notice the difference from Scotland. I used to live Tvlle / Mackay / Rocky, but have been based in Bris for about 5 years now. I still notice the heat & humidity in winter up north. At least on the ocean you will get good breezes! From memory April is the tail end of the rainy season so you should get some good days.

But I do think any day on a holiday is a good day! I hope you go & enjoy your Qld cruise!! :)

Easter is best spent in Victoria / Tasmania if u want good weather :-) Qld coast is hot most of the year. April won't be as humid but u will definitely notice the difference from Scotland. I used to live Tvlle / Mackay / Rocky, but have been based in Bris for about 5 years now. I still notice the heat & humidity in winter up north. At least on the ocean you will get good breezes! From memory April is the tail end of the rainy season so you should get some good days.

But I do think any day on a holiday is a good day! I hope you go & enjoy your Qld cruise!! :)

Thanks for your comments - I have booked the cruise - so all I have to do now is the hard part - WAIT!!!

I was on this Cruise this year as well. It was my first visit to Australia and I really enjoyed it. My personell highlight was Brisbane a very nice city and the lone pine koala sanctuary I would highly recommend. If you have more time I would suggest to stay 3 days in Sydney before or after the cruise. Two days for the city and one more day for the Blue Mountains or Hunter Valley should be all right.

Enjoy yor cruise! I am booked for the 18 nights Australia/New Zealand Cruise with Royal Caribbena next year! :D

Best regards,

Koala8823

I was on this Cruise this year as well. It was my first visit to Australia and I really enjoyed it. My personell highlight was Brisbane a very nice city and the lone pine koala sanctuary I would highly recommend. If you have more time I would suggest to stay 3 days in Sydney before or after the cruise. Two days for the city and one more day for the Blue Mountains or Hunter Valley should be all right.

Enjoy yor cruise! I am booked for the 18 nights Australia/New Zealand Cruise with Royal Caribbena next year! :D

Best regards,

Koala8823

Good advice, they are great tourist attractions. I am glad you enjoyed Australia so much that you are coming all the way back again.:D

I am thinking of booking an 11 night Queensland cruise on board Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Seas - (6th April 2015) and would appreciate any comments on this cruise.:)

I have been on a similar cruise, though with a different cruise line.

It's a good cruise.

I would say the main thing to look at with this cruise is the date, as the weather plays a huge factor.

We left in September and it was pleasant in Brisbane but of course got hotter, much hotter, the further north we went. Cairns wasn't too bad but was hot by afternoon at Kuranda. Port Douglas was so hot and humid by noon all I could think of was getting back on the ship.

My sister in law did your exact cruise in Nov and I said nothing but oh boy, she felt the heat too.

We're from down in Melbourne and used to milder weather. I am guessing if you are from Scotland, you are too.

By April, you should be okay.

Just don't book a cruise like this too close to the aussie summer, this is a cruise that would be at its best towards our winter (from my point of view).

Kids on board won't be a hassle, I wouldn't think. I went on a summer cruise once with 400 kids and they were never a worry.

Best regards,

Koala8823

Thanks for your response - where did you travel from?

I have been on a similar cruise, though with a different cruise line.

It's a good cruise.

I would say the main thing to look at with this cruise is the date, as the weather plays a huge factor.

We left in September and it was pleasant in Brisbane but of course got hotter, much hotter, the further north we went. Cairns wasn't too bad but was hot by afternoon at Kuranda. Port Douglas was so hot and humid by noon all I could think of was getting back on the ship.

My sister in law did your exact cruise in Nov and I said nothing but oh boy, she felt the heat too.

We're from down in Melbourne and used to milder weather. I am guessing if you are from Scotland, you are too.

By April, you should be okay.

Just don't book a cruise like this too close to the aussie summer, this is a cruise that would be at its best towards our winter (from my point of view).

Kids on board won't be a hassle, I wouldn't think. I went on a summer cruise once with 400 kids and they were never a worry.

Thanks for your response..... as an average what temperatures would you expect to get in April? I don't mind the heat - in fact I like it quite hot and would be disappointed if it was not warm enough to go to the beach etc.:o

Och laddie, yeel hae an awfy braw time and ye will jist love the Rhapsody, it's bonnie ship.

Lassie!!! I'm guessing that Scotland has a place in your heart!!:D

We sailed on Splendor of the Seas in September (I think this is the same class as Rhapsody) - there were a few issues but I would know to expect these now - for us this cruise is all about the itinerary - it seems such a good way (and reasonable cost) to visit Australia - I have been trying to get there for the past 13 years!!

Edited by alwayswantingmore