New Seabourn Ship - agreement signed

Palmeat

Seabourn never said the new ship would replace the capacity of the triplets. They said once the new ship was built their total capacity would remain the same. By the time the Sojourn and Odyssey come out of their next dry docks there will be twelve new PH spa suites accommodating 24 more guests. So they only need 576 on the new ship to complete their estimate.

Seabourn never said the new ship would replace the capacity of the triplets. They said once the new ship was built their total capacity would remain the same. By the time the Sojourn and Odyssey come out of their next dry docks there will be twelve new PH spa suites accommodating 24 more guests. So they only need 576 on the new ship to complete their estimate.

I believe they did state that the new ship would replace the capacity.

From the Seabourn blog

"The vessel will replace the capacity that is leaving the Seabourn brand with the sale of Seabourn Pride, Seabourn Spirit and Seabourn Legend. ..."

Edited by baychilla

An extra deck adds about 100 more people, so the new total is about 550. Certainly will be less than 600. Also the new ship is a little wider, so that will help with a modified design to keep all the important ratios the same (crew, galley, etc.)

Fair enough.

I like the 450 capacity ships. For me they get the right balance between good facilities and not being too big.

We did a cruise on Regent Voyager which carries 700 passengers. Admittedly it is an older design but, in our opinion, the facilities were not sufficient for the number of passengers.

I've never had an issue with the facilities aboard the Regent Voyager, but always felt it presented a different atmosphere than smaller ships including its own sister, the Navigator. There is a passenger capacity at which point the intimate yacht club feeling is lost.

I don't care if the new vessel is 500 or 600

Sebourn is still the best luxury product by far and I will be giving her a go.

Personally I will guess that the new ship will carry 550

I dont believe you get the same product at 550 that you do at 204 but thats my opinion.

Sent via squirrels and a rotary phone

I don't care if the new vessel is 500 or 600

Sebourn is still the best luxury product by far and I will be giving her a go.

Personally I will guess that the new ship will carry 550

I like Seabourn, but haven't seen enough of a difference to say they are the best by far. Slightly better, maybe, but not far better.

• 2 weeks later...
Just off Sojourn --- my understanding is the "new-build" will have an additional deck and be "similar" to the Odyssey class but not exact. May have some new features.

This story has been told on Seabourn ships for the last six months.

Let us all wait for the facts and then we can comment.

• 3 months later...

I have never personally been on any of the little sisters but understand the sentiments of those who have enjoyed their intimacy and style over the years. That said it is time to move on and the Odyssey class ship does I believe still provide a great amount of intimacy, especially on cruises of ten or more days.

Having enjoyed two to three cruises a year on the newer ships I can honestly say it has been nice to be welcomed back by familiar and new crew alike, you soon get to know people if you are a pleasant passenger.

It doesn’t fill me with dread – a larger ship, so long as there are plenty of new public spaces and more restaurants and bars. The new Hapag Lloyd Europa 2 has a similar amount of passenger numbers as proposed for the new ship and I believe their layout to be fantastic, with the contemporary styling and silhouette adopted on the Odyssey class vessels, Seabourn could truly create a beautiful ship the envy of the Seas. (Especially if the ships followed the colouring of the new Spa Pent House Suites which are extremely chic!)

Good luck Seabourn with your designs and I hope you canvass more passenger opinions before you finally decide what design the new ship will take!

Just off Sojourn --- my understanding is the "new-build" will have an additional deck and be "similar" to the Odyssey class but not exact. May have some new features.

More rumor/speculation:

We are just off the Odyssey.....a crew member told me the new ship would have one more deck and be just a bit wider.