Labadee beaches - best one?

calgal729

This will be my first time at Labadee and I thought this port had one large beach for all Celebrity passengers, but it looks like there are several beaches to choose from. I do not want to rent a cabana, so which one has some shade and a nice sandy (not rocky) beach? We wont have our kids with us so we dont need a beach with a lot of activities. Thanks in advance.

Columbus and Nellies beaches are very nice. For that reason they do tend to get crowded. You may enjoy these two.

If you are in a GS or above, Barefoot beach is beautiful.

Enjoy the Island it is one of our favorite stops and it is the reason our family books the western route.

Sea Ya

Labadee isn't so large that you can't easily wander about. The 1st beach you come to will always be the most crowded...so keep on keepin' on....plenty of shade or sun and loungers for all!

Which is the first beach you come to? Are all beaches walking distance from the pier?

The first beach you come to is Barefoot Beach, which is the private beach for suite guests. Next comes Nellie's Beach and then Columbus Cove. Everything on Labadee is within walking distance as long as no one in your group has mobility issues. There are trams available for those people. There are sidewalks through the sand so walking is really pretty easy.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone ever have any issues with leaving your towels and clothes on the lounge chairs and walking around with your back pack? I am assuming no one will bother your towels, sand toys or clothes. I wouldn't leave my back pack around but the other items should be ok right? Thanks.

You should have no problem

We leave our beach towels flip flops sun tan lotions comb - in beach bag on chair when we swim, zip line, play volleyball or eat.

In My DH zippered swim suit pockets we have his waterproof wallet and in there we keep our sea passes and some small bills for purchases. We also keep his water camera in his other pocket.

Never had trouble with anyone messing with our beach stuff the 4 times we were on Labadee.

Sea Ya

Thanks for the info and the map. This will be my first time at Labadee also. Does anyone know if they have lockers like the ones at Coco Cay? Is there good snorkeling from the beach or is it better to try one of the snorkeling excursions?

Thanks for the info about snorkeling. The reason I like the lockers is that I don't have to worry about anything being taken while I am in the water. I keep my money (for the markets), my sea pass card, and my camera in there.

Columbus and Nellies beaches are very nice. For that reason they do tend to get crowded. You may enjoy these two.

If you are in a GS or above, Barefoot beach is beautiful.

Enjoy the Island it is one of our favorite stops and it is the reason our family books the western route.

Sea Ya

Hi, where would I find out what is a GS or above; we are sailing on Celebrity. Although this is our second cruise, there is still lots to learn.

Thanks.

Just back from cruise this afternoon. yes, there are lockers but don't know how much and what money it takes. Saw them as I walked by.

We kept our bags on the lounge chair and towels on to of it. Took a chance since we had our driver's license and kids' passport but kept an eye on the bags. we went to the beach that was across from the kid's playground. good sand, no rocks in water, can walk way out, no waves and down the road to the buffet. took free tram here.

thanks for all the great information.

I assume there are cash bars on the Island...but do we also need money for lunch? Or is the lunch provided for free by the cruise line?

Never heard of any cash bar on Labadee. I think they're all on your sea pass card.

You can use cash at the craft and locals sales shops.

thanks for all the great information.

I assume there are cash bars on the Island...but do we also need money for lunch? Or is the lunch provided for free by the cruise line?

Lunch isn't free ... It's INCLUDED! RCI brings the food and the kitchen staff ashore to serve it. Enjoy!