Xplor?

principessalia

I do not recall seeing it mentioned before on the Cozumel boards? Details? Info? :confused:

Here's the info from RC & www.xplor.travel/ website...

cd_shorex_hdr.gif

XPLOR-All Inclusive Adventure - CZL3

OVERVIEW: Xplor is a unique underground world, with activities that invite you to explore the jungle and discover a fantastic world beyond the surface. If you enjoy extreme adventure, enhanced emotions and deep sensations, this tour is perfect for you. HIGHLIGHTS: Enjoy 13 exciting zip lines through the forest. Journey through the jungle on amphibious vehicles. Swim surrounded by stalactites and stalagmites. Discover a raft route across subterranean caverns. Enjoy a nutritious and light buffet. NOTES: Your entrance to the park includes life jacket, helmet and harness, raft and hand paddles, two-seated amphibious vehicles, lockers, dressing rooms, showers, and lunch.

I went to selvatica.com a couple years ago when staying in Cancun. LOVED them!!! You would have to take the boat to the mainland, but if you ever get a chance that is definitely the place to zip!! They were fun, and very professional/safe!!

XPLOR is the same company at XCARET and located on the same property (basically). It's Man made Zip Towers, underground river kayaks and swim, a buggy of some sort type of tour. It's pretty darn man-made, so while it's a fun amusement, it's a bit different than Zipping through the jungle, etc. I've seen it, but prefer the natural cenotes and zips in the jungles that are offered at other places on the mainland.

Yes, XPLOR is on the mainland, but it's not far from Playa del Carmen (where the Ferry will drop you). Maybe 10 minutes or so. Selvatica is a nice place as well, a little more 'remote' and less "Disneyland" zipping.

It's pretty darn man-made, so while it's a fun amusement, it's a bit different than Zipping through the jungle, etc. I've seen it, but prefer the natural cenotes and zips in the jungles that are offered at other places on the mainland.

Do you have any suggestions for excursions through other companies beside the cruise ships list? I want to have other options and get a more personal experience, but am lot sure which ones are good. Some recommends from other cruisers would be great! Thanks

Honestly, I wouldn't go to the mainland unless on a ships sponsored excursion, and while I would Highly recommend Hidden Worlds Eco-Park or Adventours in Riv Maya, I wouldn't do them from Cozumel. If you can find a cenote/zip line tour from the ship I would go for it.

Honestly, I wouldn't go to the mainland unless on a ships sponsored excursion, and while I would Highly recommend Hidden Worlds Eco-Park or Adventours in Riv Maya, I wouldn't do them from Cozumel. If you can find a cenote/zip line tour from the ship I would go for it.

Good to know. Thanks :)

Our son and several young adults went on this excursion through the ship and LOVED it. We went to Xcaret but everyone rode the ferry together and then the same bus dropped them off at Xplor and us at Xcaret. They are on their own and can do whatever activities they wanted. They loved the zip lines the most. (could be as they have atv's at home they use) It was not crowded that day so they repeated the zip line several times. Said would not be fun if it was crowded.....like standing in a line at disney world. Would they do it again? Heck, yea....Would only consider going through cruise line as have a bus and ferry to get on back to island. We have been several times to Xcaret and have loved it every time.

Zip lines require climbing lots of stairs to reach the tops of man made towers. If you're in good shape, it's a lot of fun because you and your partner can zip together, side by side. Just don't expect the natural jungle atmosphere.

We actually enjoyed the tabs the most. Very unexpected!

Zipping into the waterfall was great. Spelunking thru denotes was cooling. We are 50+ and will not be attempting it again. But glad we did it!

Xplor is the least "cruise shippy" park on the main land. The zip lines experience goes on for about 90 minutes at a minimum. Then there is an cave 'kayak' experience where you paddle yourself through the caves, a swimming through the caves experieince, and probably the most American part of the experience is the 4x4 suped up golf/cart dune buggy ride that is quire long for a ride of it's type. Expect to get wet for most of the day. It's well done, and more than once, you'll probably think to yourself, there is no way they could create a park like this in the US in this day and age of eco tree hugging extremests. It's quite amazing with at least 50% of your time spent under ground.

Edited by CRUISER2CRUISER2

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
any recent reviews of this ?

i'm looking at booking It through RCL

Unless they start using the ferries from Coz to PDC again, you will not see this offered by the cruise lines.

Unless they start using the ferries from Coz to PDC again, you will not see this offered by the cruise lines.

They must have started back using them because its offered on the Harmony called "xplor all inclusive adventure"

They must have started back using them because its offered on the Harmony called "xplor all inclusive adventure"

No all excursions that require a ferry are cancelled by all cruise lines. If your cruise is several months from now they may not have cancelled it yet waiting to see what happens. Don't be surprised if it's cancelled in the future

I think it is more likely that they haven’t actually taken them OFF the website yet. No way at the moment to tell when, or if, tours to mainland will resume.