Open Bookings and combining benefits

villauk

Would someone please confirm that even if we book a balcony, category X, guarantee that we can still combine the diamond balcony discount and the OBC from our Open Booking certificate. Our TA has said it's one or the other, but I thought it was OBC and either the balcony discount or a savings certificate? Is it different because it's a guarantee balcony cabin?

Would welcome clarification.

When I booked a balcony X guarantee on Oasis a couple of months ago, the agent had no problem at all applying the C&A balcony discount, but struggled to get the system to accept the 'open' booking. She had to contact resolutions and then they were able to somehow over-ride it or something and it went through.

She had first said that as the special weekend fare I was booking was for 'new' reservations only, which I found odd, as even though the 'open' booking exists, the 'cruise' reservation is new. It was resolved quickly.

Oddly, I was charged less by calling than the fare which was showing up on the website as well. The OBC showed up on the second day of the cruise just as expected and what was a small hassle did have a perfect result.

Thanks for all the replies. In fact, I did email her a copy of the combinable chart. Unfortunately she's not back in the office until tomorrow, so we'll see what response I receive. If I get a negative reply, I'll email the Resoluaitons Dept and see what the problem is (I think that's the correct department in the US?). It's the first time we have booked a guarantee using an open booking certificate, so I wanted confirmation from others that this is handled in exactly the same way as every other booking.

Thanks again.

Archived