San Juan late check in?

stones902

Does anyone know what the latest allowed check in is in San Juan? Sailing at 8:30 PM and muster at 8PM.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Muster is NOT at 8pm it STARTS at 6pm...for San Juan. Not sure if you were reading some wrong information. been on her four times past two years and going again in january.

If your flight arrives late and you have rccl arrangements they will get you to the ship before departure. Early dining is delayed till 630 for muster to be held. Welcome aboard show is at 730 for both seatings.

Muster is NOT at 8pm it STARTS at 6pm...for San Juan. Not sure if you were reading some wrong information. been on her four times past two years and going again in january.

If your flight arrives late and you have rccl arrangements they will get you to the ship before departure. Early dining is delayed till 630 for muster to be held. Welcome aboard show is at 730 for both seatings.

Interesting, I had read form multiple sources that the muster was at 8pm. Were you on the Jewel? It might differ from ship to ship.

In this particular case, through some unfortunate circumstances our friends might be relegated to a late flight that lands at 5pm.

The latest reviews state that there is one muster at 8 pm.

Regular muster was at 5:00 or 5:30. I can't remember which. The 8:00 is for people that have been delayed flying. It is not for people that just don't show up to the regular muster. Our friends were delayed on our cruise. Didn't get there till after muster. They were instructed to go at 8:00

Regular muster was at 5:00 or 5:30. I can't remember which. The 8:00 is for people that have been delayed flying. It is not for people that just don't show up to the regular muster. Our friends were delayed on our cruise. Didn't get there till after muster. They were instructed to go at 8:00

Thanks that's good info. Makes sense.

The following is what I am basing my previous comment on. Recent reviews indicate that there may now only be one muster at 8.

From a review of 9/21 cruise by Virtopia:

"So yes, I went exploring around the ship after I checked out my digs for the week. There was some mention in previous threads that there was more than 1 muster drill on previous sailings, but our sailing only had 1 muster drill at 8pm."

From a review of the 10/5 sailing of Jewel by 3DobermansDZS:

"We had MTD and I had made reservations for 6pm for today. Muster drill was at 8pm following dinner. We went to the Welcome Aboard show at 10:30 then headed to bed. The 10-14 hour work days we'd been pulling the few weeks before the cruise had caught up with us and we were exhausted. Plus, we had an early morning the next day in St. Thomas!"

I was on the 10/5/13 cruise on the Jewel of the Seas... I can reconfirm that there was only one muster drill - at 8pm.

It was very pleasent and uncrowded checking in at 11am. There was no line to check in, and we walked straight on to the ship. It was also easy to find a table in the Windjammer!

Aloha,

John

• 2 weeks later...

Archived