Jewelry for these dresses

Normajean999

Hi everyone. Well I did some research and for this v cut dress it says to wear a longer pointed necklace and for strapless a shorter round one. So this is what I came up with. Do you think this is right? I have a pic of each necklace and ear ring with each dress. Also the same bracelet with all. The ear rings with the round necklace are beautiful but of course you can tell In the photo as they are smaller. Thanks!

da7apu2u.jpgsana3yze.jpgyvasymav.jpg5azeme3e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I really like both of them (and the bracelet)!

Thanks. I'm not real up on the do and dont's. Would be easier to only need one but if it really looks better I can keep both. It's funny because my husband agreed with the Internet and said to keep both. Lol

I think either necklace would work, (although personally I like the rounded one better), but I agree with the last poster. I think the chandelier earrings really are too much and will take the eye away from your beautiful face and that gorgeous dress!

I prefer the round set as well but I have a question. Is the V-neck dress full length? If so, then I think it could carry the longer necklace and chandelier earrings. If it's cocktail length, then I think the proportions would be way off.

If I were in your quandary, I'd bring both and make my decision when you get dressed for dinner. It's not like they take up a lot of room or weight, and choices are a beautiful thing.

You look stunning in both dresses!

I prefer the round set as well but I have a question. Is the V-neck dress full length? If so, then I think it could carry the longer necklace and chandelier earrings. If it's cocktail length, then I think the proportions would be way off.

If I were in your quandary, I'd bring both and make my decision when you get dressed for dinner. It's not like they take up a lot of room or weight, and choices are a beautiful thing.

You look stunning in both dresses!

Yes it's full length.

Just like using a GPS, sometimes you just need to actually look at what's in front of you and disregard what some "expert" is telling you.

If you are wearing an updo I might feel differently about the earrings, but with your hair style, the chandeliers are just too much.

Just like using a GPS, sometimes you just need to actually look at what's in front of you and disregard what some "expert" is telling you.

If you are wearing an updo I might feel differently about the earrings, but with your hair style, the chandeliers are just too much.

Yeah I hadn't decided but leaning towards no updo. I do think I will have the sides pulled back away from ears and some loose curls.

Wow I'm surprised everyone likes the smaller earrings. All my research said long dangly ones for a full length v neck. Interesting. This is a pic of the dress without jewelry that my daughter snapped for me the other day.

y4azuha9.jpg

Long and dangly are good....but not with the necklace. It's too much. You'd need a more simple necklace to wear long dangly earrings. I like the necklaces, but you don't want to overdo it

I actually like the shorter necklace better. I'm not one to wear just studs, but I would wear simpler earrings with the long necklace. The longer earrings with the longer necklace are a little overpowering imo. I love the dress!

Long and dangly are good....but not with the necklace. It's too much. You'd need a more simple necklace to wear long dangly earrings. I like the necklaces, but you don't want to overdo it

I think the long earrings would be great with this dress, but you have to pick earrings OR necklace. I would actually pick the earrings because they accentuate the long, slim lines you have going on with your long hair and dress. Skip the necklace with this one and focus on your face and decollete. It seems that is what many red carpet celebrities are doing, too.

With the strapless dress, I'd def. wear the round necklace and smaller earrings.

You look absolutely gorgeous, BTW.

I think the long earrings would be great with this dress, but you have to pick earrings OR necklace. I would actually pick the earrings because they accentuate the long, slim lines you have going on with your long hair and dress. Skip the necklace with this one and focus on your face and decollete. It seems that is what many red carpet celebrities are doing, too.

With the strapless dress, I'd def. wear the round necklace and smaller earrings.

I agree with this poster. Picking jewelry is also about how you will wear your hair (down or swept up), and the shape of your face, as well as the style of neckline of the dress. Too much jewelry takes away, imo. When you wear chandelier earrings, keep the rest simple........maybe a bracelet or ring.

Good point. Well yet another option. :) thanks!