Mountain Top/Paradise Point/Beach package?

Derbie

Does anyone know if there is a package for a day trip to the two views, and then to the beach? Would this be enough time? Should we scale it back to one view, and a beach visit? If there aren't any tour packages, could anyone make recommendations on how to get there, taxi, jutney, etc.? Also, we are on the Norwegian Epic in a couple of weeks. Thanks to all!

Mountaintop does offer a nice view of Magens Bay, but the new version isn't as "charming" as the original that burned dow, more of a commercial store than anything else. So to get the most of your cruise stop day I would just do a beach and then stop at Paradise Point before walking back to the ship.

So just select a beach for a relaxing day, we would recommend one of the East End beaches ($9 - 10pp each way) - Coki will be a busier vibe but if you like that it's a gorgeous beach with snorkeling). Smith's Bay, Sapphire Beach, or Secret Harbor will be less busy and comfortable. We're partial to Sapphire for the gorgeous beach, abundant natural shade, food/drink and rentals, snorkeling, and the island and water views. But all of these beaches are very nice. Smith's is even quieter because there are limited amenities. If you want a very quiet spot grab a nice lunch and wine at Gourmet Gallery deli right in the Havensight dock and head for Smith's. For more amenities look at Sapphire or even Secret Harbor (but no shade options for day visitors at SH).

You will be docked in Havensight and that dock is within walking distance of the aerial tram to PP. So you can have the taxi drop you aff on your return from the beach and take the tram up (or have the taxi drop you at the top and just take a one-way tram back down). You can usually get tram tickets through your excursions desk as well. Havensight is also closer to the beautiful East End beaches, and the taxi drivers will add a stop at the scenic overlook on Skyline Drive and perhaps Drake's Seat for the view of Magens on the return trip.

Mountaintop does offer a nice view of Magens Bay, but the new version isn't as "charming" as the original that burned dow, more of a commercial store than anything else. So to get the most of your cruise stop day I would just do a beach and then stop at Paradise Point before walking back to the ship.

So just select a beach for a relaxing day, we would recommend one of the East End beaches ($9 - 10pp each way) - Coki will be a busier vibe but if you like that it's a gorgeous beach with snorkeling). Smith's Bay, Sapphire Beach, or Secret Harbor will be less busy and comfortable. We're partial to Sapphire for the gorgeous beach, abundant natural shade, food/drink and rentals, snorkeling, and the island and water views. But all of these beaches are very nice. Smith's is even quieter because there are limited amenities. If you want a very quiet spot grab a nice lunch and wine at Gourmet Gallery deli right in the Havensight dock and head for Smith's. For more amenities look at Sapphire or even Secret Harbor (but no shade options for day visitors at SH).

You will be docked in Havensight and that dock is within walking distance of the aerial tram to PP. So you can have the taxi drop you aff on your return from the beach and take the tram up (or have the taxi drop you at the top and just take a one-way tram back down). You can usually get tram tickets through your excursions desk as well. Havensight is also closer to the beautiful East End beaches, and the taxi drivers will add a stop at the scenic overlook on Skyline Drive and perhaps Drake's Seat for the view of Magens on the return trip.

What great advice! You are the best. I will make good use of your recommendations. I am most obliged to you. Thanks again.

No problem! And MT is a popular spot to stop when it's part of a tour but for a nice beach and enough time to enjoy PP I would save MT for another time

Enjoy!

I think DH and I are going to do Paradise Point and then a beach. I like the idea of Sapphire. I am pale gal! So, do you still recommend grabbing a lunch at the deli, and taking it with us? Is there a restaurant there that you would recommend?

There are a few eating options at Sapphire - the Banana Cabana is a small beach grill located between condo bldgs B & C, they have a great mahi mahi sandwich and burger ($14 and $12 I think). The Sapphire Grill is located behind the marina and there are runners taking orders on the beach. And there will be someone taking pizza orders from a place in nearby Red Hook. The best pizza is at Island Time in RH but you'd have to go there. I would just get something at the BC, they also have drinks. The beer and rum punches are a little cheaper at the dive center.

We save PP for last but you can go there first too.

Thanks! We just enjoy staying at Sapphire as it is a gorgeous beach for STT, and being on the East End is ideal because you have the ferries and Red Hook. We usually stay there after spending some time on Tortola and before flying home. So if you ever cruise to Tortola that's a beautiful island too and the people are very nice there. ;)

Archived