Downloading Fun Times to smart phone

Read somewhere here you can download the daily Fun Time onto your smart phone.

We are going on the Breeze in about 40 days, that feature sure sounds handy.

Wonder if anyone had tried it. I have an iPhone 3.5, yes, I know I am cheap. I searched iTunes don't seem to see any app there for that either.

Any and all response much appreciated.

Cheers!

Read somewhere here you can download the daily Fun Time onto your smart phone.

We are going on the Breeze in about 40 days, that feature sure sounds handy.

Wonder if anyone had tried it. I have an iPhone 3.5, yes, I know I am cheap. I searched iTunes don't seem to see any app there for that either.

Any and all response much appreciated.

Cheers!

I searched on my iphone as well. Came up with nothing. Would be interested to see if someone else comes back with something.

On the Splendor last month, it's known as "FunHub" and it is an intranet accessible only while you are onboard the ship. You need to be connected to the ship's WiFi or "internet" and scroll to the "Free Sites" tab - and select from within.

Latest annoucements from the ship/CD, generic weather forecast for your cruise, and daily FunTimes (in PDF format) are posted there, sometimes ahead of evening "release" via your stateroom steward, and any special & important updates. Deckplans for the ship are also linked - look for a "Good to Know" infosheet in your stateroom or ask for one.

Your can read and/or save it to your tablet/iPad's, smartphone and/or netbook/notebook/Macbook, etc. while sailing and it's free, no extra charges or costs to read - just make sure your mobile data (GPRS-2G/3G/4G-LTE or HSPA+) is turned off and only enabled your WiFi connection.

That's how I downloaded them all & linked/post them via our cloud storage/server as part of the review (see signature) without the hassle of scannning the paper copies afterward.

We did this on the Conquest last month. Connect to the ship's wi-fi and connect to the funhub free site and that has a link to a PDF of the fun times. From what I could tell, that site appeared to be locally hosted on the ship--I could access it but not the other free sites when internet was slow and could not access the site once I was off the ship (even with the link still in my browser)

The Magic also has this. I used it last month. Just connect your phone to wifi and I believe the app opens up to where you can connect to Fun Hub. It was really very convenient being able to have the Fun Times on the phone. I did not download, just read fun times as a web page.

Do you need to down load them in Port when you can access the WIFI? I have a Google Nexus table and the WIFI only works in U.S.Port.

The FunHub is hosted locally on each ship's server as part of intranet, AFAIK - and not for external access via the internet. I used my Nexus 7 tablet to read it while at sea and as long as the ship's internet is working (99.997% of the time, that is) - you will have free & unlimited access to it while sailing and/or in foreign ports ... was doing so while docked @ St. Thomas & @ Grand Turk. WiFi only tablet should work everywhere as long as the signal is present, regardless of the ports you are in.

BTW, I noted this earlier somewhere - you can also reach CCL's website free while sailing, and check your own VIFP account - to check on future cruise pricing - the booking page/link, if you want to do a mock reservation was not working for me and crashed (and, I believed it was due to various firewall & https loops or settings) but still very useful.

Connection for the free WiFi hubs was pretty fast since it's intranet based.

On the Splendor last month, it's known as "FunHub" and it is an intranet accessible only while you are onboard the ship. You need to be connected to the ship's WiFi or "internet" and scroll to the "Free Sites" tab - and select from within.

Latest annoucements from the ship/CD, generic weather forecast for your cruise, and daily FunTimes (in PDF format) are posted there, sometimes ahead of evening "release" via your stateroom steward, and any special & important updates. Deckplans for the ship are also linked - look for a "Good to Know" infosheet in your stateroom or ask for one.

Your can read and/or save it to your tablet/iPad's, smartphone and/or netbook/notebook/Macbook, etc. while sailing and it's free, no extra charges or costs to read - just make sure your mobile data (GPRS-2G/3G/4G-LTE or HSPA+) is turned off and only enabled your WiFi connection.

That's how I downloaded them all & linked/post them via our cloud storage/server as part of the review (see signature) without the hassle of scannning the paper copies afterward.

OK, so you have to be an IT tech plus have a Master's Degree in Engineering to do it. Isn't it just easier to pick up a copy of the Funtimes and read them.

CCL Splendor 8 Day E. Caribbean (9/22/13) - Photos review of "8B" Balconies 8417 - 8419: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...0#post40160520

PDF Link to FunTimes, Internet Plan pricing & (some) Menus - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...823567&page=58 ** Full Review w. pics http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...1924041&page=1

mking8288 -

THANKS SO MUCH!

Love your FUN HUB FUN TIMES pdf postings!!

Look forward to viewing FUN HUB with my iphone/ipad.

Really kewl!!

The FunHub is hosted locally on each ship's server as part of intranet, AFAIK - and not for external access via the internet. I used my Nexus 7 tablet to read it while at sea and as long as the ship's internet is working (99.997% of the time, that is) - you will have free & unlimited access to it while sailing and/or in foreign ports ... was doing so while docked @ St. Thomas & @ Grand Turk. WiFi only tablet should work everywhere as long as the signal is present, regardless of the ports you are in.

BTW, I noted this earlier somewhere - you can also reach CCL's website free while sailing, and check your own VIFP account - to check on future cruise pricing - the booking page/link, if you want to do a mock reservation was not working for me and crashed (and, I believed it was due to various firewall & https loops or settings) but still very useful.

Got it! Thanks!

I wasn't aware you could access the deck plans too! I used Shipmate on the last cruise and it was most convenient to just whip that cell phone out of our pockets and see where we were! I've heard Shipmate isn't working so well these days (although I contacted the developer and he assured me it was working fine, everything I've read is to the contrary) and I'm super excited to find there is another option! Thanks so very much for the tip!! :D

Sailing in under 72 hours..........is it Saturday yet?

OK, so you have to be an IT tech plus have a Master's Degree in Engineering to do it.

You must have a low threshold for technology stuff! It's really simple. Just choose the Carnival wi-fi network, and then go to funhub.cclfunhub.com

You can download deck plans, fun times, etc. directly from there. Bookmark it, so you don't even have to type it in on subsequent visits. It's way easier than snapping a photo of both sides of the fun times... and the quality is much better.

Another plus is that they often post the fun times a day or two in advance!

It was very easy to connect to the ships wifi on the Conquest on our October 6/7-13 cruise. You can open a limited few Carnival websites for free, that are hosted onboard. I could open the ship plans, and should have been able to open the Fun Times. What they had online were the wrong weeks listings.

I checked with Guest Services, and they were blocked and could not see it. Said all they could do was refer it to their IT folks, and offered me an extra paper copy.

Good luck, maybe it will work right for others. Of so, it's easy.

Sent from my iPhone 5C using Forums mobile app.

Hi mking8288, hate to be a pest again but I am not IT inclined per se ...

So I don't even have to sign up for an internet package to piggyback on the ship's wi fi network to get or download those Fun Times?

Don't know if it matters, I will sign up for the internet package nevertheless first thing I get on the ship and if it is the same as the Valor in May, I can just sign up while I am in my cabin, don't have to go to the Internet Cafe. Once I have done that on the Breeze, do I still have to go to the FunHub to do something else?

I just like the convenience of having the Fun Times in pdfs rather than in paper format.

Thanks again.

That's correct... you do not have to be signed up for Internet service to access the FunHub and to download and view the FunTimes in .pdf format.

All you have to do is set your device (tablet, computer, phone, etc.) to connect to the Carnival wi-fi network and then to point your browser to funhub.cclfunhub.com

If you did sign up for an Internet package... be sure NOT to sign in when you connect to the FunHub. Once you sign in, the meter is running, and you are using up the minutes in your Internet package. It is not necessary to sign in to access the FunHub in order to download the FunTimes. It is possible to sign in, but to do so would be a waste of paid Internet minutes.

Remember... the easy way to access the FunHub is to point your device to funhub.cclfunhub.com

That's correct... you do not have to be signed up for Internet service to access the FunHub and to download and view the FunTimes in .pdf format.

All you have to do is set your device (tablet, computer, phone, etc.) to connect to the Carnival wi-fi network and then to point your browser to funhub.cclfunhub.com

If you did sign up for an Internet package... be sure NOT to sign in when you connect to the FunHub. Once you sign in, the meter is running, and you are using up the minutes in your Internet package. It is not necessary to sign in to access the FunHub in order to download the FunTimes. It is possible to sign in, but to do so would be a waste of paid Internet minutes.

Remember... the easy way to access the FunHub is to point your device to funhub.cclfunhub.com

Thanks so much for the additional guidance, will definitely use that feature ourselves (GO GREEN) on the Breeze in December.

Archived