One way car hire Manchester to Southampton

netchells

Hi, We are cruising from Southampton to the Caribbean next October and then flying back to Manchester. We would still like to drive down to Southampton on the day of the cruise and wonder if anyone has hired a car one way from Manchester and the approximate cost

thanks

Nicola

Hi, We are cruising from Southampton to the Caribbean next October and then flying back to Manchester. We would still like to drive down to Southampton on the day of the cruise and wonder if anyone has hired a car one way from Manchester and the approximate cost

thanks

Nicola

We have done this cruise a number of times.

There is no need to hire a car as P and O provide courtesy coach travel from Manchester on these re-positioning cruises.

I hired a car from MK to Southampton in January. It was a Corsa I rented, although I was given an upgrade to a C'eed at the depot. Cost about £35 for a day's hire and £50 one way fee. It was well worth it and I intend to repeat the exercise on my next long cruise. After all can't leave a car in a car park for nearly 4 months :eek:

Hi everyone thanks for your replies. We dont want to go down by coach - is this a repositioning cruise - it sails backwards and forwards from Southampton to Barbados until March 2015? We have chosen onboard credit instead of the free coach travel.

Thanks besberry - that is very reasonable, i will look into that. We want to be able to drive down at our leisure and get there before the coaches do ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I booked with Avis online one way and returned the car to the offices at the airport then got the train back into Southampton, I would check to see if they will collect from the port which would cost more.

we always go down the day before and stay overnight so travelling back from the airport was no problem

thanks

Nicola

If you are embarking on say a Sunday, most rental car company premises around Southampton are closed. So check that. We embark Arcadia on a Sunday, April 13 and have to leave our rental car at Southampton Airport and taxi it to Mayflower Terminal as the car rental company office at West Quay is not open on Sundays.