X web site going off line,

wallie5446

Not only are my reservations not available, my Captain's Club status is now gone as well, it was still there last night. Keeping fingers crossed;)

Astrid

Dont worry :) Once the upgrade is completed, I'm sure the information will return.

This is very important for any one cruising on Celebrity to read. I'm surprised X didn't put out something about website going off line.:(

Thanks to the OP for posting this.:)

I did receive an email either Thursday night or Friday morning from X telling me to expect the site to be down all weekend.

Andy not worried but we are just hopping that the new levels are being updated

Bob

Yeah, I was hoping for that too.

I just booked airfare to Ft Lauderdale and decided to check my reservation this morning. Gone! I was panicking! :eek:

No message on the website and no message on the phone except to call back after 9:00am Eastern (it was 6:00). Called back and got a different message including the 'down for maintenance' info.

Decided to check Cruise Critic for the real story.

I'm a little less distressed now. :o

John Galt as in Who is John Galt?

Kathy

Andy not worried but we are just hopping that the new levels are being updated

Bob

Hi Bob,

Im hearing this update does not involve Captains Club. I suppose we will have to wait a bit longer on that.

When I clicked to check airfare with Choice it said:

Our apologies – we're improving our booking system to better serve you.

CruisingPower.com is currently off-line while we enhance our reservations system with exciting new features. In North America, if you should have any booking inquires or general questions, we encourage you to contact our Reservations team. Otherwise, we will be back Sunday, October 27, at 8:30pm EDT.

Across booking engines, you'll enjoy a faster, easier reservations experience that is more tailored to your client. The enhanced system uses your client's qualifiers to provide the most relevant cruise options at the best available rates. It also displays promotions and applies them instantly

Hi Everyone,

I'm hearing this upgrade mainly pertains to the booking engine. When it's complete, the upgrade should help the reservation folks, Captains Club, and TA's customize booking requests to your specific needs. As Cruisingator mentioned, it's for all 3 brands, and not Celebrity specific.

As many are aware, up until now, it's difficult to price certain sailings, especially when there are promos running, such as 123 GO or Pick Your Perk. Many folks visit our forum, and ask how to know which rates (i.e. FiveStar) are applicable for the specific promo, and so on. I'm hearing this update will help resolve such issues.

Please keep in mind, that I have not seen any of what is planned, and I do not know whether the public will see any of the updates on the website, or if the update is for internal use only. I've reached out to Celebrity, but it seems they would rather not provide specific details at this time. If they respond, I will be happy to post additional details, if/when they become available.

I'm very curious whether any of the updates will be available on the X website. I hope so. I suppose we will have our answers tomorrow night. I hope this is helpful.

Just went to the site and looked at the current offers (just in case) and was surprised to see "Pick Your Perk" listed again! :D

Clicked on the link (http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?icid=spe_bt_pckyrp_1306_spcl_timg_921149&pagename=pick_your_perk_promotion) and surprise surprise it's the offer that expired on October 6th :eek:

Oh well...

Hi Everyone,

I'm hearing this upgrade mainly pertains to the booking engine. When it's complete, the upgrade should help the reservation folks, Captains Club, and TA's customize booking requests to your specific needs. As Cruisingator mentioned, it's for all 3 brands, and not Celebrity specific.

As many are aware, up until now, it's difficult to price certain sailings, especially when there are promos running, such as 123 GO or Pick Your Perk. Many folks visit our forum, and ask how to know which rates (i.e. FiveStar) are applicable for the specific promo, and so on. I'm hearing this update will help resolve such issues.

Please keep in mind, that I have not seen any of what is planned, and I do not know whether the public will see any of the updates on the website, or if the update is for internal use only. I've reached out to Celebrity, but it seems they would rather not provide specific details at this time. If they respond, I will be happy to post additional details, if/when they become available.

I'm very curious whether any of the updates will be available on the X website. I hope so. I suppose we will have our answers tomorrow night. I hope this is helpful.

Thank you for the update. :)

Just went to the site and looked at the current offers (just in case) and was surprised to see "Pick Your Perk" listed again! :D

Clicked on the link (http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?icid=spe_bt_pckyrp_1306_spcl_timg_921149&pagename=pick_your_perk_promotion) and surprise surprise it's the offer that expired on October 6th :eek:

Oh well...

How about the

Teachers' Getaway Sale - Cruise Specials & Packages :D

Maybe the upgrade will clean these out.

Hi Bob,

Im hearing this update does not involve Captains Club. I suppose we will have to wait a bit longer on that.

This is not just an X update. RCCL is updating it's entire system. This is a booking system upgrade and also involves RCI and Azamara.

Oh well what is another 3 or 4 years more:D I am just hoping that they would have it in place before our sailing on Nov 24th.

Bob

I was afraid I had done something to our reservation when I couldn't find it. You made me feel better about not seeing it. I will check the site again the beginning of next week. Thank you (even if it means misery loves company;)

My pleasure cody cruiser. Don't worry, all will be fine soon enough :)

:confused::(Still can't sign on. No reservation, no payments no anything not even

" please be patient!' Glad I copied everything and also glad I used a TA. Good luck everyone....Hope all works out well

The site is supposed to be down till tomorrow night

Astrid

:confused::(Still can't sign on. No reservation, no payments no anything not even

" please be patient!' Glad I copied everything and also glad I used a TA. Good luck everyone....Hope all works out well

It's down for all TAs too...nobody can do jack squat this weekend, which some of us found funny as this is National Cruise Vacation Week.

Well timed, RCCL. LOL

I am suffering from withdrawal LOL No problems with them doing an upgrade - glad they are maintaining their site but I did not realise just how much time I spend pottering away on the Celebrity website whilst anticipating our first cruise with them.

Always hopeful that the upgrade fairy will visit me, even though I know, in my logical brain, that that is never going to happen because I need an accessible cabin :)

Jennie

There is no need for concern about any cruises you have booked, regardless of whether or not you can sign on or what is or is not showing on the website.

As long as you have saved your Celebrity Booking Confirmation, it has your Reservation ID and your pricing and payment info, so that is all the proof you need, no matter what kind of web problems may occur.

You should have received your first copy when you initially booked the cruise, and then you would have received an updated copy each time that you made any change or payment after that.

I just went to have a nosy at My Celebrity and it is all back there - reservation in tact - and looking a bit prettier. Better setting out, clearer, use of bullet points and bolding.

Haven't looked closely but all looks cool.

Jennie

I just went to have a nosy at My Celebrity and it is all back there - reservation in tact - and looking a bit prettier. Better setting out, clearer, use of bullet points and bolding.

Haven't looked closely but all looks cool.

Jennie

New reservations system is definitely an improvement. Still buggy. They need to get the prices right on the first page after searching. I came across a price of $249pp for an OV for Constellation TA 15 nights. I got very excited and then proceeded to book. Price after selecting sailing is very different and changed to $1600. I knew it was to good to be true. lol

New reservations system is definitely an improvement. Still buggy. They need to get the prices right on the first page after searching. I came across a price of $249pp for an OV for Constellation TA 15 nights. I got very excited and then proceeded to book. Price after selecting sailing is very different and changed to $1600. I knew it was to good to be true. lol

Yes, you have be be super quick to snag those unbelievable specials.;)

I've gotten an email offering a special price, found it on the select cruise page but when going to the select catgory page it had change to a much higher price or disappered all together.:(

Archived