X web site going off line,

wallie5446

Starting this evening at 9:00 EST, we’ll be upgrading and improving our website throughout the weekend to create a better online experience for you. If you are unable to complete your site session, please call 1-800-647-2251 in U.S. and Canada. International guests please visit this page: http://*******/1aGqSY6.

We look forward to seeing you back again soon to plan your next modern luxury vacation.

Should we hold our breath:eek:

Just a heads up.

Royal & Celebrity are in the process of 'tweaking' their pricing and reservation system. That's why it's coming down tonight.

I know they have used cheap offshore resources to do a lot of this work (who they are suing for incompetence by the way! :D karma :D:D) so if something looks funny on your reservation next week, make sure you get it fixed!!!

Of course if those 'experts' somehow allow your res to switch you to a Penthouse Suite!!! :cool::eek::D

Every day I check our reservation to make sure everything is ok. Tonight I go to check and we no longer have a reservation?.. Hope this is just due to the shut down!

You are not the only one, we lost all of ours;)

Astrid

Starting this evening at 9:00 EST, we’ll be upgrading and improving our website throughout the weekend to create a better online experience for you. If you are unable to complete your site session, please call 1-800-647-2251 in U.S. and Canada. International guests please visit this page: http://*******/1aGqSY6.

We look forward to seeing you back again soon to plan your next modern luxury vacation.

Should we hold our breath:eek:

Hold your breath ? Are you kidding....or thinking suicide by axphixiation ?:D

Celebrity upgrading and improving their website ??? Now, that's a JOKE if I ever read one. Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!:mad:

IMO; performing CPR on an elephant would be easier than having Celebrity ''upgrading and improving their website'':D

Please do not hold your breath...it's a lousy way to quit CruiseCritic and re-acquaint yourself with Your Maker....

:rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to check my reservation Monday a.m. and find out what debris is left out of it....then maybe I will consider getting myself an elephant...;)

cheers

Every day I check our reservation to make sure everything is ok. Tonight I go to check and we no longer have a reservation?.. Hope this is just due to the shut down!

You are not the only one, we lost all of ours;)

Astrid

Hi Everyone,

I would not be at all concerned. Any loss of online booking information is likely due to Celebrity's system upgrades this weekend. I'm hearing the upgrade will continue into Sunday night, so I recommend being patient during the upgrade.

If Celebrity shares any information, I will post on this thread. I hope this is helpful.

Pity the people (many) who are not getting this info on cruise critic, who are going to the Celebrity site with NO MESSAGE that they're closed for updating AND WILL RETURN on Monday.

It's a simple step they should take to avoid the panic that will ensue.

Yup, mine disappeared as well. Too bad for Celebrity as I sail in 6 weeks and was in there looking for shore excursions. Since I want to book I'll probably do it independently. Had they announced this down time I could have worked on it another time. Another technical fail but it gives us something to talk about this weekend....

We got the X website unavailable email messsage this morning. Talk about no warning before hand. :mad:

Our two reservations also disappeared and when I tried to re-add the rez info, then I got a message about the site being down.;)

Also if you try to do a booking online at X's website you will evetually get a website unavailable message.

You would think a notice about the unavailability would have been put on X's main home page.:mad:

Yup, mine disappeared as well. Too bad for Celebrity as I sail in 6 weeks and was in there looking for shore excursions. Since I want to book I'll probably do it independently. Had they announced this down time I could have worked on it another time. Another technical fail but it gives us something to talk about this weekend....

That's a bit extreme! Just do them after the weekend :) after all it will take time to arrange independent stuff (having said that I prefer small group roll call excursions myself)

We go in two weeks, I was gonna print my docs this weekend, no big deal will do them Monday :)

I've never had a problem with the website and think its pretty good!

There are so many cases when an attempt to upgrade a website leads to a total Fail.

No worries here: the Celebrity website is already so bad that this is not an issue. ;););)

Wow, must me a major overhaul... still not up and running. :rolleyes:

By pet peeve is that they only show a couple of cabins available in a category. :cool:

That's a bit extreme! Just do them after the weekend :) after all it will take time to arrange independent stuff (having said that I prefer small group roll call excursions myself)

We go in two weeks, I was gonna print my docs this weekend, no big deal will do them Monday :)

I've never had a problem with the website and think its pretty good!

I have to admit I'm not very forgiving. If I can't find what I want on a website or from a vendor I move on to something that's easy to use/ readily available. I do this personally and in business. I admit I have little patience when it comes to spending my money. If a website doesn't work then I move to the next in line. I expect clients to do the same hence the importance of a good website or customer help. DH and I have limited time together when we're not rushed to do regular household, family or work chores so I have to make the best use of that time to discuss options and/or make decisions.

That all said I have not had major problems with the site up to now. The user experience has not always been the best and there have been times when I haven't been able to access anything. This is the first time that I have something I really want to accomplish and can't. Others who are trying to print documents, reserve cruises, etc are far more inconvenienced. I'll try again later but time may run out by Sunday night.

I just booked airfare to Ft Lauderdale and decided to check my reservation this morning. Gone! I was panicking! :eek:

No message on the website and no message on the phone except to call back after 9:00am Eastern (it was 6:00). Called back and got a different message including the 'down for maintenance' info.

Decided to check Cruise Critic for the real story.

I'm a little less distressed now. :o

I have to admit I'm not very forgiving. If I can't find what I want on a website or from a vendor I move on to something that's easy to use/ readily available. I do this personally and in business. I admit I have little patience when it comes to spending my money. If a website doesn't work then I move to the next in line. I expect clients to do the same hence the importance of a good website or customer help. DH and I have limited time together when we're not rushed to do regular household, family or work chores so I have to make the best use of that time to discuss options and/or make decisions.

That all said I have not had major problems with the site up to now. The user experience has not always been the best and there have been times when I haven't been able to access anything. This is the first time that I have something I really want to accomplish and can't. Others who are trying to print documents, reserve cruises, etc are far more inconvenienced. I'll try again later but time may run out by Sunday night.

Hi Karen,

I would not expect the areas of Celebrity's website which are currently down, to be up before sunday night. If you must make other plans, I'd put that in motion. Why not give Celebrity a call, and see if they can be of any assistance... though I suspect they are experiencing similar outages during the upgrade process.

I hope this is helpful !

Decided to check Cruise Critic for the real story.

I'm a little less distressed now. :o

Glad to hear. We always have the latest information, and I try my best to keep our community posted. Seriously, I wouldnt worry about any loss of information on the website this weekend. It must all be a part of the system upgrade.

Archived