how to add 4* logo

silvercruiser

The new operating system on a MAC (Mountain Lion and Maverick) now require you to hold down the CTRL key as you hover over the item and then click the touch pad (new equivalent of a right click). I think I read somewhere that if you have a multi-button mouse, you still have a right click.

That would require reading the instruction manual and remembering this, wouldn't it? Well beyond my skill set. :cool: But thanks for the tip. I hope I can still learn a few more tricks besides knowing where the on/off button is located.

That would require reading the instruction manual and remembering this, wouldn't it? Well beyond my skill set. :cool: But thanks for the tip. I hope I can still learn a few more tricks besides knowing where the on/off button is located.

Don't you just hate it when they make changes to things that aren't broke. The only reason I know this is because I happened to buy a magazine the other day called "MAC For Seniors". Thought I might pick up a few pointers. :)

Don't you just hate it when they make changes to things that aren't broke. The only reason I know this is because I happened to buy a magazine the other day called "MAC For Seniors". Thought I might pick up a few pointers. :)

Sounds like the perfect magazine for me. Thanks for the tip.

Just googled this and found a For Dummies: Mac for Senior and my next cruise reading book - about $18 online at a major electronics store - free shipping. Since HAL only supports Microsoft classes, we Mackers have to DIY.

Thanks again for the heads up. Hadn't thought to look at Dummies myself, but they got me through those early days on my Kaypro and "tin".

Just checked our Mariner status today and we, too, have reached 4 star this cruise...I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to change my 3 star to 4 star!

More importantly, we have free laundry...after paying $159 for our 21 day Med cruise, that's a real treat!

Just checked our Mariner status today and we, too, have reached 4 star this cruise...I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to change my 3 star to 4 star!

More importantly, we have free laundry...after paying $159 for our 21 day Med cruise, that's a real treat!

Sheila,

Welcome to the 4-star club! The easiest way to do it is to go to edit your signature, and where you have the line for your current 3-star signature, change the "3" in the string to "4". Or else, do what John (jtl513) wrote.

BTW, where did you eat in Italy? Did you try Mimi's in Pompei?

Dave

The easiest way to do it is to go to edit your signature, and where you have the line for your current 3-star signature, change the "3" in the string to "4".

Unfortunately she's using somebody else's sigpic, so there's no "3" there to change.

Sheila, first try what I said in post #2. If that doesn't work do what shrimpboat123 said in post #4.

Sheila,

Welcome to the 4-star club! The easiest way to do it is to go to edit your signature, and where you have the line for your current 3-star signature, change the "3" in the string to "4". Or else, do what John (jtl513) wrote.

BTW, where did you eat in Italy? Did you try Mimi's in Pompei?

Dave

Hi Dave...Thank you! We did a tour with www.shareashoreexcursioninitaly.com in 3 of the Italy ports...Napoli included...and there, we did the Amalfi Coast...Ravello, Amalfi, Positano, and Sorrento. We had lunch at an exquisite restaurant at the top of Positano named Fattoria La Tagliata. It was incredible!

Here is what worked for me.

Go to Message #18 and "quote it". Then copy out the line of text now found in the "quote" portion that you want: standard, glitter or dancing color

Copy it and then paste it into your CC signature page, but then substitute the "url" with "img" within the brackets once it is pasted into the signature page

Best wishes, only took me multiple tries too but finally it worked (MacBookPro)

Check out my signature! Clearly, I cannot follow simple directions. :rolleyes:
You have a bracket-URL-bracket in front of the https: and you have a bracket-/URL-bracket after the gif. Delete both, leaving only the in front and the at the end.

I give up, John. I don't get it. :(

Hang in there, I didn't get it either.

The problem is the line of text you need to use has to be "fake".

So once you copy that line of "fake text", you then have to tweak it yourself once you have pasted it into your new CC signature line

In this case, you erase/delete the url word, and type in the img word in their place. At both the beginning and the end of the line of text telling your computer to now create the star image.

At least, that is how I think I did it! :eek:

Hang in there, I didn't get it either.

The problem is the line of text you need to use has to be "fake".

So once you copy that line of "fake text", you then have to tweak it yourself once you have pasted it into your new CC signature line

In this case, you erase/delete the url word, and type in the img word in their place. At both the beginning and the end of the line of text telling your computer to now create the star image.

At least, that is how I think I did it! :eek:

That's what I did, OlsSalt. That's what I don't understand! And John sees url...not img. I don't get it. Maybe I'll try again in the morning when I'm bright and fresh! LOL!

That's what I did, OlsSalt. That's what I don't understand! And John sees url...not img. I don't get it. Maybe I'll try again in the morning when I'm bright and fresh! LOL!

Try this,

Go into USER CP and edit your signature.

Copy the line below into your signature file where you want it to appear in your signature. Then remove the spaces before http and after gif.

Select Preview signature to confirm it worked

Ani-1-4-Star-Mariner-Rainbow-Transparent.gif

Good luck.

Maybe not a proper suggestion, but is there someone here you know and trust here or you have met F2F on a prior cruise or something and give them your CC password and they can go to your account do this for you?

Maybe not a proper suggestion, but is there someone here you know and trust here or you have met F2F on a prior cruise or something and give them your CC password and they can go to your account do this for you?

No need to do that.

If my suggestion above doesn't work, I'll email the correct line to add to the signature.

Yes...I've posted with John (jtl513) for a long time so I would definitely trust him... On the other hand, shrimpboat, if you can email me the directions, I'd really appreciate it!

You almost had it before, but somehow you managed to get both the URL code and the IMG code in there: url]

Copy and paste this string, then delete just the $ before you Save.

[img$]https://www.hollandamerica.com/images/4starMariner.gif[/img]

:) :)

Yes...I've posted with John (jtl513) for a long time so I would definitely trust him... On the other hand, shrimpboat, if you can email me the directions, I'd really appreciate it!

Just warn us ahead of time when you get this fixed. Then we can run get our sun glasses so we won't be dazzled by all those bright dancing stars. :p

No need to do that.

If my suggestion above doesn't work, I'll email the correct line to add to the signature.

What you said in post #4 and post #42 does not work because there are hidden URL codes imbedded after the and before the resulting in this:

4starMariner.gif

or this

HAL-Marine...ransparent.gif

See that underlining? That is showing it is a clickable link. If you click on the center of the first a new window pops up with the symbol, but it doesn't show correctly in the signature or in this post. If you click on the center of the second you get a "404" page not found because part of the string has been omitted as shown by the "..."

Sheila, just do what John said in post #46. :)

Archived