New Celebrity Promotion (Giving Thanks) Begins 11/1/13

Andy

glad you were able to do that....

we booked a long time ago...so our price is still lower but not by much....so nothing in it for us....that is the punishment you get for booking early and letting celebrity keep all that deposit money all that time , so that later they can slap you in the face and say, see you were stupid....

If someone had booked already and received the PYP offer. To get this new lower price one would have to give up the PYP in order to choose this price as they are not combinable even before final payment. Correct?

Hi Spartan,

Correct. You would lose any exisiting offers, if you opted for the new promo. I hope this helps !

we booked a long time ago...so our price is still lower but not by much....so nothing in it for us....that is the punishment you get for booking early and letting celebrity keep all that deposit money all that time , so that later they can slap you in the face and say, see you were stupid....

Hi Beachchairs,

I can certainly understand why you are frustrated, but the truth is... it works both ways. On our upcoming Eclipse sailing, the current price is significantly higher than what we paid. So, I'm not quite sure I'd call booking early a "punishment". You always have the option to play pricing roulette, and wait to book closer to the sailing date. While it doesn't happen all of the time, I'm glad we booked early.

FYI just got off the phone with Celebrity and they have removed the Loyalty offer for now and are asking res agents to make a list of the reservations that should get the additional 5% off (15% vs 10%)........

FYI just got off the phone with Celebrity and they have removed the Loyalty offer for now and are asking res agents to make a list of the reservations that should get the additional 5% off (15% vs 10%)........

Hi Everyone,

I've learned this is correct, but not to worry.... if you book now, and are entitled to the 15% offer (Captains Club Members), Celebrity is keeping track of the affected bookings, and will issue updated confirmations when the issue is resolved.

I hope this is helpful.

Edited by Host Andy

Wondering if the more experienced Celebrity cruisers could share their opinion.....do you think the prices will go up significantly before the discount goes into effect? We're about to book an Alaska cruise for next September and thinking maybe we should wait. Comments and thoughts greatly appreciated!

We just booked a couple of cabins today under the promotion. At the same price as they were the last few days without the promotion.

Beg to differ. We booked a Celebrity cruise to Norway in July for a June 2014 sailing. The rate today is almost $2,000 higher with NO 123 promo. Who's stupid?

Hi Everyone,

I'm severely pressed for time today, but I wanted to share the details on Celebrity's upcoming promotion (Giving Thanks) beginning on Friday November 1, through November 24th.

Kudos to Celebrity on this promo. I like that it's easy to understand, along with a straight up discount - with a larger discount for Captains Club members - Classic level and above. It's always nice to see when loyalty is appreciated !

As always, all terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. For the promo details, please CLICK HERE

I hope this is helpful !

Andy,

Your post was very helpful. We have an Alaskan Cruisetour scheduled for Aug 2014. We were able to get the $ 250 OBC.

Andy,

Your post was very helpful. We have an Alaskan Cruisetour scheduled for Aug 2014. We were able to get the $ 250 OBC.

Hi Socreader,

Thanks for letting us know. It always makes me happy when our community members benefit from my information.

I wish you a wonderful Cruise !

Edited by Host Andy

Hi. I am sorry to ask this question again but I didn't understand the answer. I am going to be sailing during the offer period. Is it possible to get the 15 percent and obc if booked aboard my sailing? Thanks.

Hi Yankeedolphin,

My understanding is, if you book onboard, you should receive both offers. However, according to the terms and conditions, the promo does not seem to be applicable to discounted fares, such as Senior & Resident rates etc. I'm sailing on Eclipse in 2 weeks, and plan to book some future cruises while onboard. I hope this helps !

Hi Yankeedolphin,

My understanding is, if you book onboard, you should receive both offers. However, according to the terms and conditions, the promo does not seem to be applicable to discounted fares, such as Senior & Resident rates etc. I'm sailing on Eclipse in 2 weeks, and plan to book some future cruises while onboard. I hope this helps !

Bonus! Thanks so much! Have fun on the Eclipse! We will be on the Reflection.

I see that the Giving Thanks Sale has a 15% discount for Captain's Club members. Why does Celebrity not allow this offer to be combined with other offers like Pick Your Perk promotion ending 06 Oct 2013. Don't you think this offer of thanking the loyalty of Celebrity Captain's Club members be allowed the additional discount prior to final payment? Captain's Club offers, promotions etc should be in addition to any other posted offers or savings shown on the Celebrity Web Site. If not what is the point of loyalty if you can't use the benefits if Celebrity prohibits the combining of the offers? I understand if this was post final payment but prior to final payment they should be accepted.

Exclusive Offers

Exclusive Offers are designed for our most loyal guests, our Captain's Club members.

Giving Thanks Sale

Captain’s Club members (Classic tier and above) save 15% on cruise vacations to Alaska, Bermuda, the Caribbean or Europe.

I see that the Giving Thanks Sale has a 15% discount for Captain's Club members. Why does Celebrity not allow this offer to be combined with other offers like Pick Your Perk promotion ending 06 Oct 2013. Don't you think this offer of thanking the loyalty of Celebrity Captain's Club members be allowed the additional discount prior to final payment? Captain's Club offers, promotions etc should be in addition to any other posted offers or savings shown on the Celebrity Web Site. If not what is the point of loyalty if you can't use the benefits if Celebrity prohibits the combining of the offers? I understand if this was post final payment but prior to final payment they should be accepted.

Exclusive Offers

Exclusive Offers are designed for our most loyal guests, our Captain's Club members.

Giving Thanks Sale

Captain’s Club members (Classic tier and above) save 15% on cruise vacations to Alaska, Bermuda, the Caribbean or Europe.

It really doesn't matter what they call a promotion. They're really designed to lure people in to book a cruise. It would cost Celebrity just too much money if they allowed you to combine promotions and that would have a negative impact on the bottom line. One needs to be carefully when booking any promotion, sometimes what appears to be a good deal really isn't. Sometimes they offer a great opportunity to save so don't pass them without checking.

Exclusive Offers

Giving Thanks Sale

It DOES. I discussed this last night with my TA. While the 15% savings were significant the overall deal we got was still less than if we had rebooked and took the new promo pricing. The 123 promo we have would NOT have changed.

Edited by Redman1947