drink packages on celebrity solstice

You are talking about a reputable cruise line that caters to adults, not a schoolyard full children.

If you go around trying to break the rules you will only gain disrespect and contempt from fellow passengers who do obey the rules.

Just go on the cruise, have a good time and pay for what you need and don't try to steal from them. If you cant afford the drinks package or afford to pay for dinks you should reconsider your options of going.

You are talking about a reputable cruise line that caters to adults, not a schoolyard full children.

If you go around trying to break the rules you will only gain disrespect and contempt from fellow passengers who do obey the rules.

Just go on the cruise, have a good time and pay for what you need and don't try to steal from them. If you cant afford the drinks package or afford to pay for dinks you should reconsider your options of going.

OMG who said I was stealing, just trying to find out what's the go with the packages or are there other ways to buys drinks. Sorry for asking. What happens if someone can't drink for medical reasons?

The package has always been purchased on a per person basis. You cant purchase the package for one passenger and then try and get drinks for both on the same package.

When you go into the cruise personaliser it will ask you which passengers you want to apply the package to. Different passengers in the one cabin can have entirely different packages.

You cant get around purchasing it for one member and having a free for all on that one persons card.

They have several packages not all of them are alcoholic. Some packages allow for water, fresh juices and coffee. It all comes up on the cruise personaliser.

There is normally a checkbox as to which passengers to apply the package to.

Forcing all passengers in the cabin onto the same package does not make sense as it would mean a alcoholic package could be applied to passengers under 18. So the information is probably misinterpreted.

In a word.... No!![/quote

Hi Liz

I can see you have been on lots of cruises you must really enjoy them. Do you get drink packages or do you just buy drink as you need them? What would you recommend? Do both passengers in the same suite or cabin need to get the same package? Thanks

We have done the sums and for us it is not really worth having a package though we have been tempted because of the convenience, not because it is cost effective. Others like to be able to order different drinks and not feel guilty if they leave them because they don't like them and can get another different one.

On port days we would be hard pressed to drink our $55+ worth each. We don't drink before lunch though I know many do, so that might make a difference. I remember having coffee on a Radiance 2 nighter (enough said) and a group of 4 near us had several beers each and a bottle of wine before 10 am. Opened my eyes! Even when we have a drink with lunch it is only maybe one then nothing till pre- dinner (a couple), wine with the meal then maybe one or two more over the evening. After a couple of days of this, we then go for a very reduced alcohol day with only a couple for the whole day as we just don't feel like drinking.

On our last X cruise we were Elite so did have drinks before dinner at the evening get together.

Suggest you look at the menus and work out what you would drink. Don't forget coffee and juice as they are covered on the premium package too. We only had one coffee each day as a rule as shipboard coffee is notoriously poor!

Whatever you decide to do, have a wonderful cruise.

You can always wait until on board and see how much you are drinking before committing to a package. They are usually available up until a couple of days before the end of the cruise, and you simply pay the prorata amount.

Celebrity also have drink package sales via their website in July and January, so if you are cruising after January, you might like to see what offers they have between now and your cruise.

Cheers,

You can always wait until on board and see how much you are drinking before committing to a package. They are usually available up until a couple of days before the end of the cruise, and you simply pay the prorata amount.

Celebrity also have drink package sales via their website in July and January, so if you are cruising after January, you might like to see what offers they have between now and your cruise.

Cheers,

Thanks very much Carina Cheers😀

Celebrity cruises told me that both passengers have to buy the same package. So my question is if you can't drink due to medical conditions and the other can what are you able to do

I follow a lot of Celebrity posts and so far the only time when pax had to buy the same package was on the 1,2,3 promotions where one of the perks was a free alcoholic package. Then all pax in the cabin had to purchase the same package and could upgrade to a premium package for $11.50 per day.

In general the premium alco packages are only worth it when you do consume a lot of alcoholic and coffee drinks and have a leisurely itinerary.

Work out a bit what you would drink a day. I think soda's are $2, juices $2.50, capuccino's $4, beer & wine $5 & upwards, cocktails $8 &upwards. To note these are US $ prices.

Myself usually have a non alco package which I like for the convenience of not signing slips and have fresh O.J. in the mornings. I think 1st time on a classic package I broke even and 2nd time did not break even on the premium non alco package, but this was mainly due to being on a very intensive Mediterrean cruise and did not spend that much time on board.

Unless it is with the pick your perk option, I would just pay as you go. We have had the package on most cruises but normally as a perk with the promotion sale. We we haven't had one, we normally evaluate what it costs by looking at our ship board acount after one or two days and then see if it is worth getting a particular package or not. good luck.

Unless it is with the pick your perk option, I would just pay as you go. We have had the package on most cruises but normally as a perk with the promotion sale. We we haven't had one, we normally evaluate what it costs by looking at our ship board acount after one or two days and then see if it is worth getting a particular package or not. good luck.

Thanks very much for your advise. I guess there is no pick a perk option on my cruise

In a word.... No!![/quote

Hi Liz

I can see you have been on lots of cruises you must really enjoy them. Do you get drink packages or do you just buy drink as you need them? What would you recommend? Do both passengers in the same suite or cabin need to get the same package? Thanks

We have never bought a drink package and just buy our drinks as we go. However I must add that we do like to take a couple of bottles on board at every port for cabin drinking. On Princess cruises overseas, this has never been a problem, but there is none allowed to be brought on board on Princess Aus ships unfortunately. Other cruise lines are the same. We had friends who bought the package on our last Solstice cruise and they loved it.

No you don't need to get the same drink packages. And yes we do love to cruise..... In fact I am suffering withdrawal symptoms as we don't have another one booked till Sept next year:(

Thanks very much for your advise. I guess there is no pick a perk option on my cruise

If you pre book the packages they make both passengers in the cabin book the same package, if booked on board, you can buy a package for one person or two differing packages. Just note that sharing drinks (from the package0 is frowned upon. good luck.:D

What makes you think he/she is trying to steal? There are couples out there where one person drinks and the other doesn't. He/she was just asking a question.

What makes you think he/she is trying to steal? There are couples out there where one person drinks and the other doesn't. He/she was just asking a question.

Thanks Karen my feeling exactly. I'm to scared to ask questions on here now

Archived