drink packages on celebrity solstice

Don't be scared Ablestar. Like any community, there is a variety of characters on this board. Plus, the typed word has no emotion, body language, or tone, so it is easy to miscommunicate (both misrepresent ourselves and be misunderstood). What we all have in common is an almost certifiable obsession with cruising. If you choose to stick around and check out a few threads, you will get a better feel for these boards and the characters that inhabit them. :)

I have a cruise coming up in January, so I missed the last option for the sale (in June/July, before my final payment), and I reckon I am 'borderline' as to whether it is worth getting the package. I absolutely LOVED the crazy cocktails in the Molecular bar and the martinis in the Martini Bar, and just having 3-4 of these in an evening, plus a couple of wines with dinner would make the package worth while. I guess I am shocked that I think I could do this for fourteen nights straight, lol!!! I'll probably vacillate between yes and no between now and embarkation, then step on board and commit to the package, haha!! :rolleyes:

Ablestar, please don't feel shy to ask any question. As Ceejay said be prepared for many different answers and take from that what you want.

I have been on CC for a Few years now and have learnt so much from here and we have met some wonderful people who we have made fiends with from our Cruise Critic Roll Calls.

As Carina and Liz have said, don't be shy to ask any question at all.

CC has enabled me to research so many things to do with cruising as well as establish some great online and onboard friendships which have carried on well past the cruise dates.

Someone once said, there is no such thing as a dumb question, only dumb answers.

cheers mic:D

I won't shy away Thanks

That's good to know I am fairly new here myself, but have learnt so much and so many tips from following these threads. Our daughter is only 16 so she can't drink Alc, so we all got classic non Alc pkgs and will pay for wine,beer, and other drinks when needed.

If you pre book the packages they make both passengers in the cabin book the same package, if booked on board, you can buy a package for one person or two differing packages. Just note that sharing drinks (from the package0 is frowned upon. good luck.:D

See that does not make sense to me. Just say a young couple books. One is alcohol age and the other is not. In the USA it appears Celebrity must follow the 21 age limit for alcohol so you could have someone over 21 and someone 18.

It would operate the same as shore excursions where a couple can buy a different excursion.

See that does not make sense to me. Just say a young couple books. One is alcohol age and the other is not. In the USA it appears Celebrity must follow the 21 age limit for alcohol so you could have someone over 21 and someone 18.

It would operate the same as shore excursions where a couple can buy a different excursion.

Yes, that's right. You can also select different packages (or none at all) between people when you book in advance.

Yes, that's right. You can also select different packages (or none at all) between people when you book in advance.

I was referring to the promos that they have but the booking system is not the most friendly and will quite often not work at all.:D

You are talking about a reputable cruise line that caters to adults, not a schoolyard full children.

If you go around trying to break the rules you will only gain disrespect and contempt from fellow passengers who do obey the rules.

Just go on the cruise, have a good time and pay for what you need and don't try to steal from them. If you cant afford the drinks package or afford to pay for dinks you should reconsider your options of going.

bit of a nasty and agro response, take ur medication dude

I was referring to the promos that they have but the booking system is not the most friendly and will quite often not work at all.:D

Haven't seen that happen specifically for drinks, but then if it did you wouldn't be forced to get both anyway. :D

:)

Ablestar,

We have always pondered whether to buy an alcohol package or pay as we go. On our upcoming celebrity cruise we have chosen the convenience of buying a package.....another advantage is that the cost is upfront and paid for, allowing more time to balance the books.

Either way you go, I am sure you will enjoy your cruise.

If you are a Diamond or Diamond Plus member on RCL, you would be an Elite on Celebrity. This would then entitle you to free drinks at the sky lounge between 5-7 p.m every night at The Sky Lounge.

Last cruise, people were getting reprimanded for taking their drinks out of the lounge. Not me, I am not Elite as yet.:D

Apologies if I have misunderstood what you're saying but when they say everyone in the cabin has to book the package, it is only the ones that are of the legal drinking age.a

Apologies if I have misunderstood what you're saying but when they say everyone in the cabin has to book the package, it is only the ones that are of the legal drinking age.a

The system has all sorts of issues with who is able legally or not (Aussie age is 18 US is 21) and if both people in the cabin can have the package or not.

A TA will sort it out for you with out too much effort or wait until on board to book.:D

You can choose who will book a package or not, and which. Those under 21 cannot book the alcoholic packages online.

Not when it is with a 'pick your perk' or other type promotion, then both or none are included.:D

That's not correct. Each promotion has its own rules, so you can't say that every promotion would be the same as that one. In fact, they haven't been. :D

In terms of the question karmac asked, about booking a package, rather than about a promotion, individuals are able to select their choices independently.

Archived