Are the ropes course and slides open when you board Breakaway

sebas030

Hi again,

Are the ropes course and the water slides open when you board the Breakaway on embarkation day ?

I plan to get to the pier early and hope to board the ship early :) and also plan on having my swimsuit with me ;).

Thank you all,

Yes - when we sailed on 10/13, they were open from 11:45-2:45 (then you have to go to the muster) then they reopened from 4:30-8:00

You probably posted that page of the dailies before, but thanks again for posting it. I was curious about a few things on the first day, and this answers pretty much all of them. This way I can try to figure out in what order we should get things done! Hey, if the water's warm enough, I'm game for the slides on the first day myself--I know it's chilly in November, but hey, it's vacation! And there probably won't be hardly any lines! :D Quick jump in the hot tub to warm up a bit then off to get changed! :p

You probably posted that page of the dailies before, but thanks again for posting it. I was curious about a few things on the first day, and this answers pretty much all of them. This way I can try to figure out in what order we should get things done! Hey, if the water's warm enough, I'm game for the slides on the first day myself--I know it's chilly in November, but hey, it's vacation! And there probably won't be hardly any lines! :D Quick jump in the hot tub to warm up a bit then off to get changed! :p

anytime! I thought that's what hot tubs were for. LOL The freefall slide is fantastic. When the thing closes over you, it starts squirting water on you, so you're not going down completely dry. But they did have everyone wear the back thing - they weren't letting people on without it.

But they did have everyone wear the back thing - they weren't letting people on without it.

They are finding out if your too light or to "Large" you won't make it our the hump and you get stuck without the back thing on. On our cruise I watched a few people who did not wear it get stuck:eek:

They are finding out if your too light or to "Large" you won't make it our the hump and you get stuck without the back thing on. On our cruise I watched a few people who did not wear it get stuck:eek:

Something tells me that without the back thing my shoulder blades would take a beating. So, I was planning on putting one on regardless. I think it's a good idea for everyone and if they are having everyone do it now, that's fine with me.

Also didn't know that you got sprayed with water once the door closes, that's cool since you would be dry your first time down. The anticipation must be crazy!! :D Can't wait to try them all!

I have seen a pic of the board at the start of the line for the ropes course here a couple of months ago.... I remember close shoes were mandatory and I think weight was like "safety harness has to be securly attached" or something like that....

I will look for this pic !!

Archived