Main dining room breakfast -- made to order?

kms8066

Do not count on it being as good as your local favorite breakfast place. The Eggs Benedict are good but but it is hit or miss with the omelets, this IMHO, LOL. I love to eat breakfast out, but I will have to endure the small issues with breakfast on the ship, LOL.

We have found that the MDR breakfast is always a good way to meet some very nice people with a few deadhead thrown in.

Any idea what time I can order and expect to have it delivered to my room?

If you put the hang tag out the night before you designate the time of delivery - they usually call when on their way.

If you call in room service - you can probably expect to wait 30-40 minutes

We much prefer the MDR to the WJ for breakfast....you can get pretty much any breakfast food, in whatever combination you want....and you are SERVED! So nice! All of the condiments (butter, jams, syrups, etc....) are on the table, so you aren't searching around for stuff while your food gets cold!

I read here a couple of months ago that hot items were being removed from the room service menus :confused: I am confused now

I was on Explorer a few weeks ago and was able to order hot items (eggs,bacon, hash browns, toast) from room service - they were listed on the menu. in our room. We were in an inside cabin. (PS - they come closer to the earliest time listed - for example, if you choose 7 to 7:30 - make sure you are up before 7.)

Jean

If you are in a full suite (GS and above) you can order breakfast room service from the MDR menu during the hours the MDR is open.

Ahhh Yes! That's the answer I was looking for. Do you call them? How long does it take for to arrive? Thanks so much for your answer, This is our first cruise in an OS.

Ahhh Yes! That's the answer I was looking for. Do you call them? How long does it take for to arrive? Thanks so much for your answer, This is our first cruise in an OS.

Yes, just call. Time can be anywhere from 20 minutes to 45 minutes depending upon how busy they are. Have a fantastic cruise and enjoy your OS. P.S. If you order room service for dinner, ask for a white table cloth:)

I read here a couple of months ago that hot items were being removed from the room service menus :confused: I am confused now

The basic hangtag room service breakfast menu has a few basic hot items available for all to order. However there has been a report one poster only had cold items available on his cruise. My post about ordering omelets were for those staying in Suites. They can order from the full MDR menu.

Yes, just call. Time can be anywhere from 20 minutes to 45 minutes depending upon how busy they are. Have a fantastic cruise and enjoy your OS. P.S. If you order room service for dinner, ask for a white table cloth:)

We'll be sure to do that! Looking forward to getting underway. Thanks again for your input!!

Archived