Prinsendam price drop

ekkc10753

We just had a nice price drop on our upcoming Prinsendam cruise, $1,800 for the two of us in an AA.

We did lose the Explore 4 offer but that's okay; I'd already chosen date and time and made my own Pinnacle Grill reservations on line.

My TA did not find this for me; I did, it pays to check the website every now and then!:D

We just had a nice price drop on our upcoming Prinsendam cruise, $1,800 for the two of us in an AA.

We did lose the Explore 4 offer but that's okay; I'd already chosen date and time and made my own Pinnacle Grill reservations on line.

My TA did not find this for me; I did, it pays to check the website every now and then!:D

Congrats! Another TA that needs to find a new job or another reason to use big discount TA's and or book yourself direct.

Congrats! Another TA that needs to find a new job or another reason to use big discount TA's and or book yourself direct.

If you book direct you will still have to check periodically to see if there is a price decrease. I don't expect a travel agent to be able to check the prices each day for each of his/her clients. Do the big discount TAs do this?

To the original poster - Congratulations!

If you book direct you will still have to check periodically to see if there is a price decrease. I don't expect a travel agent to be able to check the prices each day for each of his/her clients. Do the big discount TAs do this?

To the original poster - Congratulations!

Exactly. There is also a website that will send you alerts when the price goes down for a small fee.

Exactly. There is also a website that will send you alerts when the price goes down for a small fee.

That's actually what got me started looking.

For about 4 days at the end of September, the site posted that my cruise (I love saying "my cruise"!:p) was down $2,000 pp from what we booked at!!!

I didn't know at the time, and neither did the TA. Four days later it went back up to the original price. I had no idea that prices fluctuated that dramatically or that often. Up and down, weird!

So I started watching myself and will continue to do so for the next 200+ days; for $1,800 I can spend 10 minutes every couple of days:) and who knows, maybe the price will tank again!

Nice price drop. Good work.

Oh, and nice cabin, too. I loved my Prinsendam cabin with its little porch. ;)

Prinsendam's "little porches". What a great way to describe the smaller balconies. We found we loved their shallowness in depth too, compared to the deeper ones on most HAL ships. Something felt much more intimate with the sea because of size and sense of openness. Only back a few weeks now, and still miss her badly.

Archived