Free excursion in every port offer

uktog

I'm on the 12th May 2014 Journey cruise that qualifies for Onshore on Us and I've just booked a couple of excursions. First thing I noticed is you have to be prepared to book all the excursions on your trip in one go. You couldn't book say Santorini and then go back and do Valletta. Secondly there is no option for you to pick a time so if there is a 7.45am departure and a 12.15pm departure you can't specify which you want to do. For me this is important as I'm not a lover of early tours. If I'm assigned the early one I may well go and pay for the later tour if I can.

Finally, aside from a note on the webpage at the time that they've been booked and added to my reservation, any other formal confirmation goes into the ether. No email confirmation. I can't check under "My Reservations" because one of the anomalies of the site at the moment (at least the UK one) is you can't go in and manage the reservation. Azamara need to do a LOT better here. If the new UK MD is looking in here, please note a loyal, but frustrated Azamara cruiser!

Phil

I've had an email this evening from RCCL Coupons, which is presumably the office in Miami that deals with this particular promotion advising that no shore excursions have been booked for me as the "Onshore On Us" promotion code hasn't been applied to my booking and asking me to check with my travel professional or Azamara directly. This is in spite of the fact that my invoice from Azamara in the UK clearly states "Onshore On Us" as one of the applied promotions. Email sent back with a copy of that invoice. Azamara, you aren't covering yourselves in glory with me as far as your onshore services are concerned. I've never had an issue before. Not sure what's going on. Are you doing so many promotions that you can't keep up?

I'll report back here to give an update.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

Interestingly when I called my TA regarding the very high prices for Azamara in 2014 compared to Oceania, I was told that they would be able to quote me a price which did not include "the included" shore excursions, since this would make the price substantially cheaper. I have not yet followed this up, and it may of course, not actually be offered by Azamara.