Price Drops

scottydog123

Yes, they honour them before final payment. Up to you to monitor and the drop needs to be in your exact category and not marked "new booking only".
Some people rely on their Travel agents, but with the quickly changing prices I check often myself and notify TA.

Guest USC Traveler
after you have paid your cruise deposit, you are entitled to any and all price reductions as long as you have not paid the final cruise payment. i have experienced two or three price reductions on some cruises i have booked. usually that happens when i book a cruise a year or 18 months in advance.

if you booked with princess, they will lower your price. if you booked with a travel agent, call them about the price reduction and they will lower your price. some really good travel agents will keep track of your cruise pricing and notify you when you are entitled to a price reduction. good advice from liz above!

You should get them all right up till final payment with the exception of those annotated "new bookings only". If this is the case you have the option of cancelling the first booking and re booking at the new price but only if it makes financial sense. If the penalties for binning the original booking exceed the savings on the new one than it doesn't.

We have a 4-day coastal (SF - Vancouver) booked for May. Thanks to a person on our roll call I found out about a price drop. I called our TA and we saved $660. I agree with others that you should watch for this type of thing yourself. I doubt the TA would have caught it if I hadn't sent him a note.

Generally speaking, the other posters are correct. What some are failing to mention is one very important caveat:

You can get the new pricing IF the promotion doesn't say, [I]"for new bookings only" [/I]in the small print.

Also, if you have a non-refundable fare, you will lose your deposit, so it pays to know what promotion you originally booked. You should also be aware of what the cancellation fees are with your travel agency, if any.

[quote name='DrivesLikeMario']Generally speaking, the other posters are correct. What some are failing to mention is one very important caveat:

You can get the new pricing IF the promotion doesn't say, [I]"for new bookings only" [/I]in the small print.

Also, if you have a non-refundable fare, you will lose your deposit, so it pays to know what promotion you originally booked. You should also be aware of what the cancellation fees are with your travel agency, if any.[/quote]

The point about new bookings was made in Posts # 2 and 4:D

[quote name='scottydog123']Hi I am fairly new to Princess and have a question regarding price drops, after you have paid the deposit

Does Princess allow you these price drops after you pay or not?

Thank in advance for your assistance[/quote]
When they say yes you give the lower price don`t count on it, it doesn`t happen unless for a small percentage of discounts that may apply. To explain this, every sale is different how they list it & most likely you will not be egible.My cruise 11/17 is $200 less & am not getting that price as its a special sale. Guess what, all sales are a special sale. Should say that you will only receive discount if the sale is prior to your final payment, which at that time you can cancel anyway.

[quote name='vanrrr']If the sale happens in the 90 day period and it says new customers only
Can you cancel existing reservation and book a new one a the reduced price[/quote]
[COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Comic Sans MS]What 90-day period? Do you mean after final payment?

You can cancel an existing reservation and book a new one, [U]but[/U] you risk losing: your specific cabin (someone may grab it up); your preferred dining time if it has already reached capacity; any shore excursions you're holding that have in the interim sold out . . . None of that will necessarily happen, but the closer you are to sail date, the more likely one or all of them might be the case.

If you try to cancel after you've made final payment, you would have to invoke "cancel for any reason" insurance, meaning you'd lose the cost of your insurance, and the balance would be refunded to you as a cruise credit. This does not happen instantaneously, so you wouldn't necessarily have that cruise credit in time to apply to the re-booking, I would think. It would have to be some amazing deal to go through that kind of hassle.

Once I've made final payment, I stop looking at fares. If I were that uneasy with the fare I paid at that time, maybe I shouldn't have bought the cruise. But if I'm happy with it, then there's no point in picking at the scab, you know?
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Gunner22aa']You should get them all right up till final payment with the exception of those annotated "new bookings only". If this is the case you have the option of cancelling the first booking and re booking at the new price but only if it makes financial sense. [B]If the penalties for binning the original booking exceed the savings on the new one than it doesn't.[/[/B]quote]

I was led to believe that you lose your OBC's if you cancel and rebook more than once...correct?

How many "new booking" discounts are generally offered from launch to sailaway?

Are there also general discounts for all existing bookings?

Archived