Paid M&G price increase. Wow!

firemanbobswife

Im on the Conquest Dec 1st -- is it to late for the meet and greet ?

We also were on the Liberty with the 3 meet and greets and the service was SLOOOWWW this time.

the 2nd meet they had pre-made drinks so I just drank those.

Guess Ill go back to smuggling alcohol onboard and we can have our own meet and greets

When I do buy I only buy the Big FOSTERS beer its $6.95

Edited by S.Jersey Adventure

I'm all for profit, but MORE THAN DOUBLING the cost of the true open bar package is just plain crazy.

But, hey, it's their company. They can do as they wish. They just won't be getting at least 36 more people's money in January. And, no, I'm not going to resort to packing rum runners now. I'm really not that big of a drinker!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Umm....11.50 to 18.40 is not more than doubling. Actually seems like a reasonable price to me.

Dont understand the need to be paid well in advance of the cruise.

It was a bargain up to now but they could have raised pricing in stages.

Other than something like goldfish never had any food for the party unless you paid extra for it.

Umm....11.50 to 18.40 is not more than doubling. Actually seems like a reasonable price to me.

Ummmm, actually it is if you read my post. $11.50 to $25.30 FOR THE SAME TYPE OF OPEN BAR is more than doubling. I'm gonna have to say it again - Wow!! :rolleyes:

It may not seem unreasonable to some, and that's great. Go for it. But I for one would never get my money's worth paying $25.30 for a TRUE open bar, not just a few preselected drinks and then some.

Edited by firemanbobswife

Ummmm, actually it is if you read my post. $11.50 to $25.30 FOR THE SAME TYPE OF OPEN BAR is more than doubling. I'm gonna have to say it again - Wow!!

It may not seem unreasonable to some, and that's great. Go for it. But I for one would never get my money's worth paying $25.30 for a TRUE open bar, not just a few preselected drinks and then some.

I could not read the scans you posted on my iphone, so i can't comment. Trust me I have been to many. People pound them down, that's why the price jumped.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

I have organized two..One in August attended by 55 people. gratuity has ALWAYS been mandatory on theses.. My second is on our New Years cruise next month. Thank goodness I got it booked. Confirmed on 10/24:D I would NEVER pay $25.30.. Guess this is my last one, better drink up and make it good!:D

I could not read the scans you posted on my iphone, so i can't comment. Trust me I have been to many. People pound them down, that's why the price jumped.

No problem, jimbo. I wasn't referring to you. Drives me crazy when people don't fully read and/or comprehend what you're saying and then have to jump in going "Oohhh, you're wrong." And basically that I must be an idiot not knowing how to do math!

I'm not disagreeing that quite a few get their money's worth, or that a price increase was inevitable. It's just that I got total sticker shock. I may have felt better if they came out and said they did away with the whole thing all together due to it not being profitable.

No biggie. We're just going to plan on meeting up and paying as we go. Sure was fun the last 2 times though. Aahhhh, the good old days!

We also were on the Liberty with the 3 meet and greets and the service was SLOOOWWW this time.

Guess Ill go back to smuggling alcohol onboard and we can have our own meet and greets

A case of lead me not into temptation I can get there all by myself:p

No problem, jimbo. I wasn't referring to you. Drives me crazy when people don't fully read and/or comprehend what you're saying and then have to jump in going "Oohhh, you're wrong." And basically that I must be an idiot not knowing how to do math!

I'm not disagreeing that quite a few get their money's worth, or that a price increase was inevitable. It's just that I got total sticker shock. I may have felt better if they came out and said they did away with the whole thing all together due to it not being profitable.

No biggie. We're just going to plan on meeting up and paying as we go. Sure was fun the last 2 times though. Aahhhh, the good old days!

Might be the best way now.

Tiffany, I have to say it, too--WOW! Double what we paid for our M & G eleven days ago on Glory. So not worth it. I agree that pay as you go is the better way to handle your Conquest M & G---actually it will be a lot less work for you anyway. WOW!!!

I don't mind planning cruising stuff :) But I can't justify that much of a difference either. As long as I still get to see everyone I'll be happy!

It was fun meeting you and hopefully we can cruise again soon. How's Jan 5 look?!

Luckily, I already confirmed our M&G for our Dec 1 sailing. I wouldn't have a problem paying up front. I mean all the money would be in my paypal account from all the attendees already anyway. But, I wouldn't pay that price anyway, it's just not worth it to me. I'd just smuggle a few bottles on and make my own drinks for my M&G friends! :D

The part I have bolded is stupid..I don't drink enough to justify the cost, and DH is a recovering alcoholic. Guess no more parties for us.

So I called today to finalize the M&G for our January 5 Conquest Cruise and was told that they increased all the prices on anything booked today or later. They also changed the packages. Basically, what used to be an hour open bar for approx $11.50 pp is now $18.40pp (including mandatory gratuity) with less selection.

I understand that they hadn't had a price increase for a long time, and I'm sure it was due, but now if you want a truly open bar with premium booze, it's $25.30. To me that's just a little crazy. And an adult can't purchase the soda package when alcohol is being served. Only 21 or younger.

And they want you to pay the full deposit upfront. No thanks.

Not that I would expect them to announce ahead of time that they were having an astronomical price increase, but geez! Guess that's what I get for waiting until I think I have the final figure or pretty close to it.

I'm putting the old price list and the new list (partials) here.

ude8uhu8.jpggydy6eba.jpg

See if this is better. The originals were put up here from my cell phone. I just took the important parts from the whole emails because the size of the pdfs were too big to post here.

Hope this helps someone who is thinking (or not) about having a paid M&G.

Carnival old pricing party.pdf

Carnival New Pricing Party.pdf

Might want to try that nice big Fosters or a few :)

I wish.:D At all of the M & G's I have been to they only have canned Heineken. Works for me though.

Foster's went up in price according to the new bar menu it is now $7.95.

See if this is better. The originals were put up here from my cell phone. I just took the important parts from the whole emails because the size of the pdfs were too big to post here.

Hope this helps someone who is thinking (or not) about having a paid M&G.

Thanks! Much better. Can read the print now.

Just wondering, is there still a minimum of 20 people? The old pricing list showed minimum of 20 people at the top but the new list just shows maximum of 500 people. The new list does not show a minimum.

Thanks! Much better. Can read the print now.

Just wondering, is there still a minimum of 20 people? The old pricing list showed minimum of 20 people at the top but the new list just shows maximum of 500 people. The new list does not show a minimum.

Yes, still min of 20 people. If I knew how to resize the PDF to make it fit I would. So I just did screenshots.

Well, like I said, a year ago I can assure you that people were consuming WELL over the value of the $11.50 per person! For every person who doesn't attend for the sole purpose of getting drunk, there are probably three who DO attend to do so!!

Sure, it's nice to meet some Cruise Critic "friends" but it's more like the PG parties. Do we still go every year to witness the introduction of the staff and watch the corny video and cheer for our past ships?

Or do we go do pound down as many free drinks as we can?

C'mon now. Be honest! :p

No food? Seriously? You're somewhere that there is pretty good food available 24/7 and you're going to complain that there's no food during your 1 (or 2) hour party? You can't find something to consume before you attend?

Yes, I'm thinking like both a shareholder and an accountant. I'm not going to apologize for trying to see this objectively.

Yes, as noted, it is a big increase. But 2 x almost free still isn't very expensive.

It's $25 people. Is this going to break your cruise budget? Yes? Then don't attend. Schedule a "free" M&G. Carnival has the right to not lose money on these functions!