Non Drinkers want a non beach day at Cozumel But

JustCruiseMe

But we'd love a restaurant hop and a museum or a tour guide to take us around. Any suggestions? I'm at a loss.

I suggest to google "cozumel hiring a driver for the day" and will find many options to do it

We considered the custom jeep tour through cozumelcruisexcursions.net to hit some out of the way places.

They were quick to respond and the price was reasonable for the day. It included lunch and soda/water/snacks (and beer).

The further you walk outside the port, the cheaper they are. We hired a driver for the day for 1/4th the price they were asking right outside the port just by walking a block or so.

Hubby & I made a reservation with toursplaza and got alberto as our driver.. we feel safe knowing we"ll get a tour of the island with a good driver who has raving reviews here and on tripadvisor.. I honestly don't see myself taking a risk with some random driver off the street who i'm not sure is fluent in english or take us to places we don't want.. Wouldn't like to ruin my only day in Cozumel...just saying :)

Google Amazing Secret River; it's in Playa del Carmen

That looked like a GREAT excursion. When we went to book it though, it wasn't there. Carnival said that they were likely just negotiating with the vendor. We booked the bar hop, and then of course the secret river excursion came back. Next time we'll chose that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The foodie walking tour was wonderful. Isis was our guide, she's very knowledgeable. There's not too much walking, you take a bus for part of the tour. You do walk through some of the non-tourist parts of Cozumel but I never felt unsafe. We had a TON Of food at variety of places, there was a cantina/restaurant, a bakery, a corner store, an italian restaurant and several others. Way more food than expected. The whole experience was very, very nice.

We also stopped at an art gallery and my dh & I bought two paintings at reasonable prices.

Edited by dlbaqua

But we'd love a restaurant hop and a museum or a tour guide to take us around. Any suggestions? I'm at a loss.

If you are interested in getting out and about I would also recommend hiring a private driver for the day. There is a long running thread on here "hiring a driver for the day" which will give you lots of suggestions if you read the last few pages for up to date reviews.

There is a small museum in town which you can visit. We have enjoyed taking a photo tour with Tati Biermas, chocolate factory tour and spent a very interesting few hours with Josefina, cooking several authentic dishes in her kitchen for non-beach experiences. Further details of all these can be found on Tripadvisor.

Edited by c-leg5
Spelling