JUST Booked a cruise for MONDAY!!! WE ARE CRAZY!

firstcruiseever

So DH and I just booked our second Carnival Cruise for MONDAY. That's less than 48 hours away!!!! OMG. We are being crazy. Haven't had a vacation in two years exactly (last vacation was our last CC on the same exact time 2 years ago!) We are taking DD (4 yo) and DS (3 yo). I can't believe we did that. It is totally irresponsible and immature, but I feel like a 5 year old on my way to Disney World :D YAYAYAYAYYAYA

So DH and I just booked our second Carnival Cruise for MONDAY. That's less than 48 hours away!!!! OMG. We are being crazy. Haven't had a vacation in two years exactly (last vacation was our last CC on the same exact time 2 years ago!) We are taking DD (4 yo) and DS (3 yo). I can't believe we did that. It is totally irresponsible and immature, but I feel like a 5 year old on my way to Disney World :D YAYAYAYAYYAYA

Looks like you'll be busy getting ready and then have a great cruise with your family. Enjoy!:)

We did that once. We are retired. An unpleasant family situation arose. We had enough of she said..he said ..I heard you did..

We booked a cruise on the Dream on Monday..sailed on Saturday. We had one cat..no dog..no grandchildren...........and we were off. We had an inside cabin right by the midship elevators on the empress deck. We had a really good time. When we got home.....we avoided everyone for five weeks. Then apologies all around.

What you don't say in the heat of anger......cannot be repeated. took me a long time to learn.

SWEET DEAL......RETIREES IN Florida...LIKE US but DH was born here..I have been here 50 years.. You get offers from all cruise lines. We have an offer ..right now from Princess..$499 + tax to the Panama Canal...11 days. $399 for south Caribbean..Aruba....

SO..retire to Florida. Live in the Middle of the state ( close to all ports and they run buses for you..usually free......................make your plans.

We have a grand child now. We keep her two days a week..so we are not sailing last minute anymore. But she will be in school in two more years....THEN...and she will go to school at Her Mother's school..(come and go with her).......so...God Willing, we are going to catch up on some cruising. .And right now. We are glad we had this time with her. She is an exuberant, sunshiny child..and we are seeing Disneyworld through her eyes..Santa through her eyes..........and it is fun. She told us that Halloween was the Candy Holiday. smart kid.

I guess it is time to change your screen name then :D

BAD and GOOD news:

Couldn't find DD's birth certificate ANYWHERE. Started panicking, but called Carnival right back. They were able to move the reservation to the 18th THANK GOODNESS. They didn't really need to do that or anything, but they did. :D So happy. Now we have two full weeks until we go, so I guess I can plan things! LOL. So SUCKS that we now have to wait two weeks. DH was throwing a little temper tantrum LOL.... He was like BUT I WANTED TO GO ON MONDAY! hehehe. I just laughed at him. LOVE Carnival customer service!

We are in Florida, in the middle of the state, so we can get to the ports for cruises. SO NICE. Haven't retired yet though. :eek:

Being irresponsible is not having the money to pay for the cruise and it will take you years to pay it off. It's nice to be able to travel on a whim. DH is retired and we can do that. Have fun!

BAD and GOOD news:

Couldn't find DD's birth certificate ANYWHERE. Started panicking, but called Carnival right back. They were able to move the reservation to the 18th THANK GOODNESS. They didn't really need to do that or anything, but they did. :D So happy. Now we have two full weeks until we go, so I guess I can plan things! LOL. So SUCKS that we now have to wait two weeks. DH was throwing a little temper tantrum LOL.... He was like BUT I WANTED TO GO ON MONDAY! hehehe. I just laughed at him. LOVE Carnival customer service!

We are in Florida, in the middle of the state, so we can get to the ports for cruises. SO NICE. Haven't retired yet though. :eek:

They Keep copies of your birth certificate at the county court house in Florida. If need be, you can get a copy in a day. Overnight delivery. (native born of course.) I was born in Alabama, and before I had a passport, I had to request an official copy from Bama. Montgomery. Google what ever is the capitol of your state...and usually you have one sent Overnight Delivery.

Once you find out where to go..by googling.....it goes fast. send an e-mail. pay some money. charge your card....and Next day...or the day after...........You have it. Good luck. Have fun on your cruise.

And when our Toddler is in school with mama...We want to sail to the Panama Canal and Costa Rica......one more time. That is on our bucket list. And to go back to barbatos. And see St. Lucia. and maybe Scotland. Scandinavia.

Really wish that I could do that! Enjoy your vacay with your family....:D

When you retire............move to Florida. The Middle. That way........you are within 3-4 hours of every cruise port in Florida. Pensacola is not a cruise port...but I wonder why they don't fun a ship from there to New Orleans and back.....Stop at Mobile....Mississippi Delta...New Orleans or even go on to Galveston. I would book it in a heartbeat.

Enjoy!!! You only live once! What does DD, DS, DH stand for? I keep seeing it but do not understand the abbreviation.

That would be dear daughter, dear son and dear husband. ;0)

I remember asking the same question when I first came onto the boards!

Sounds very cool! DH and I can't do that now. Both of us work and it just wouldn't come together that quick. But maybe one day. Just ran into one of my parent's close friends on Friday and she always books last minute. That morning she booked a 7 night on the Breakaway for less than $500 pp leaving on 11/10 Must be nice :D

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived