Suite Vs Elite Benifits

WmFCoyote

We are sailing on the Golden Princess tomorrow:). This is our 16th cruise, so we are now elite cruisers:cool:. We are booked in a suite (using the FCC for our transatlantic on the Royal April 2014)

The question is: Do we get a minibar setup as elite:cool: passengers and another as Suite:rolleyes: passengers?

We are sailing on the Golden Princess tomorrow:). This is our 16th cruise, so we are now elite cruisers:cool:. We are booked in a suite (using the FCC for our transatlantic on the Royal April 2014)

The question is: Do we get a minibar setup as elite:cool: passengers and another as Suite:rolleyes: passengers?

Yes, you get two! Cheers! (Hiccup)

As the topic is minibars, could some one tell me what the mini bar set up on Princess is like? I have sailed on Cunard a number of times and in the QG category you receive a mini bar set up which includes beer, mixers, colas, and two bottles of spirits, wine or cordials. They are refilled as needed. Is there a similar set up for Suite Passengers on Princess? Thanks for your help.

MIke.

Full Suite, Elite and Platinum, I believe get these set-ups. On our last Eastern Med cruise we had 2 of each of the following: Dewers Scotch, Gin, Vodka, VSOP Brandy, Sprite, Coke Cola, Club Soda, and some Beer. You can get any of these changed out for something different by calling room service. We had a Full PH Suite. On longer cruises you will get two set-up's.

Full Suite, Elite and Platinum, I believe get these set-ups. On our last Eastern Med cruise we had 2 of each of the following: Dewers Scotch, Gin, Vodka, VSOP Brandy, Sprite, Coke Cola, Club Soda, and some Beer. You can get any of these changed out for something different by calling room service. We had a Full PH Suite. On longer cruises you will get two set-up's.

No minibar for Platinums.

As the topic is minibars, could some one tell me what the mini bar set up on Princess is like? I have sailed on Cunard a number of times and in the QG category you receive a mini bar set up which includes beer, mixers, colas, and two bottles of spirits, wine or cordials. They are refilled as needed. Is there a similar set up for Suite Passengers on Princess? Thanks for your help.

MIke.

You get one minibar setup and nothing is refilled unless you pay for it. Wine is not part of it at any time. See contents on StevieWonder1 post.

MIke.

The minibar is just miniature liquor bottles. Not at all like QG on Cunard. No refills.

HMH60, I read through all the posts and came to that conclusion. Is it possible to order and pay for an L or .75L bottles of spirits for your suite ? I don't mind paying for it, but in late evening if I want a nightcap, I don't want to have to get dressed and go to a public bar for it. Can anyone help me out on this? Thanks in advance.

Mike

HMH60, I read through all the posts and came to that conclusion. Is it possible to order and pay for an L or .75L bottles of spirits for your suite ? I don't mind paying for it, but in late evening if I want a nightcap, I don't want to have to get dressed and go to a public bar for it. Can anyone help me out on this? Thanks in advance.

Mike

You can order a gift of liquor for yourself prior to leaving on you cruise. Here's what's offered:

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/cellars_culinarydelights/princess_cellars/index.jsp

What I've gotten in the past is:

2 - Beefeater London Dry Gin

2 - Skyy Vodka

2 - Dewar's White Label Scotch Whiskey

2 - Courvoisier VSOP Cognac

2 - bottles of beer - I think Dos Equis

2 - cans Coke

2 - cans Sprike

2 - cans tonic water

2 - bottles Perrier

2 - bottles water

You can trade these items one for one for another item. Some people trade out for more Coke, etc. I always intend to trade out for water, but never get around to it. I've read you can trade the entire set-up for 2 coffee cards. I've never done that myself.

Edited by KruzPrincess

Onboard Golden now. You are entitled to 2 setups but they will only give you one and you will need to ask for the second one. You can swap one entire setup for a bottle of wine or two coffee cards, or you C&A swap mini bottles for other minis (or water & soda), but cannot swap water/soda for minis. We got what KruzPrincess listed.

Onboard Golden now. You are entitled to 2 setups but they will only give you one and you will need to ask for the second one. You can swap one entire setup for a bottle of wine or two coffee cards, or you C&A swap mini bottles for other minis (or water & soda), but cannot swap water/soda for minis. We got what KruzPrincess listed.

Can you swap a bottle of wine given by Princess (due to some miscommunication in their CS dept) for a coffee card and who do you see onboard to accomplish it?

Can you swap a bottle of wine given by Princess (due to some miscommunication in their CS dept) for a coffee card and who do you see onboard to accomplish it?

If you receive wine as an apology, it comes from a different dept and you probably can't switch it. The swap for a coffee card comes from room service. Each dept has their own rules, but it doesn't hurt to ask. I would start with PSD.

Yes you can pre order and it will be in the stateroom when you get there. You cannot however get 1 ltr or .75 ltr bottles, only .375 ltr bottles are available and Princess does not allow you to bring your own. One 750 ml bottle of wine per adult over 21 in the cabin can be brought on for free. You can bring more but over the one free per person will be subject to a $15/bottle corkage fee. Princess also offers wine packages on some cruises and these are well described on their web site.

I'm currently on Pacific Princess. As my elite setup, I got

One .375 liter bottle Absolut vodka

One .375 liter bottle flavored rum (swapped for same size Gordon's gin)

Two cans coke, two cans Sprite, two bottles Perrier (swapped for bottled water).

Two cans tonic

Two 1/2 liter bottles of an Italian spring water.

I did ask about swapping for coffee cards but was told they no longer do that. It might have just been the person.

The bottle of wine comes as a card to be presented to actually get the wine.

When I have received a gift of wine that I did not want, I usually am able to bring the card to the purser's desk and just have the value put on my onboard account. Sometimes it involves speaking to a supervisor there.

If you can do that, then its value can be applied towards any onboard expense, including the purchase of a coffee card.

On one ship where they would not do this, the Matre d' in the restaurant allowed me to exchance it for hot chocolate at dinner every evening.