Unlimited Passport Collection Removal

Steph27

I searched the threads for information on removing the Unlimited Passport Collection from a booking. I couldn't find anyone who said they could do it online or if the Oceania office helped.

I just called Oceania and the fellow I spoke with was not helpful. He offered to book the excursions I wanted. However, I told him they would not be priced correctly I wanted to get rid of the UPC first. He didn't seem to understand what I was requesting. I gave up and left a voice mail and email to the woman who booked our cruise at Oceania. I am not using a TA.

If anyone has any experience with removing the UPC package I would appreciate hearing how you accomplished this. It should be easy but it cannot do it online when managing your reservation. Thanks.

Did you pay for the UPC package already??

Or just in the shopping cart?

It is in the shopping cart but also on the payment area of the booking. I cannot get rid of it. I spoke with my reservation person at Oceania and she cannot see it on her screen. I sent her a second email with screen shots of the UPC in the payment area "make a payment".

I asked if their IT people can take a look at it. I offered to provide them my Oceania password so they can see it from the passenger area. Will post again if/when this gets resolved.

In the excursion booking area there is a EDIT feature I wonder if you uncheck the box for the package or excursions if that would work

Or delete all then start over

Hope you can get the answer you need

Lyn

If you dont mind posting your booking number I will contact someone to take care of it..

Jancruz1

I would prefer not to post my booking number. I spoke with Oceania and sent them an email with a screen shot of the charge for the UPC.

I have not heard back yet. The edit feature for excursions does nothing. It doesn't allow to change Shore Excursions options, just the individual shore excursions. It is the Shore Excursions Options that is the problem.

Supposedly the IT department is looking at. I will check back with Oceania at the end of the week for an update.

I have been struggling with the same problem, in reverse. I cannot pick any option. I only get the standard pricing. I have raised it with my CC and the IT team. No correction so far but the CC has offered to enter the info. But I too would like to apply the various discounts and see what is the best. The website does seem to have a few too many bugs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This happened to me. I added it to "see" what the discount prices would be on my last O cruise and then decided against it. Except I couldn't get rid of it! I called O and they told me to just ignore it and book any excursions through them on the phone. Apparently there is a disconnect with their back end systems and those passport items aren't even visible to the call center folks even though they are clearly (and permanently) in your cart. Weird and frustrating as every time I wanted to "add" something (La Reserve, etc.) I had to call because if I tried to check out, that stupid non-removable (and expensive) passport collection would be there, too! Anyways, you are not alone and unless you pony up your credit card info, you won't be charged... :)

Steph,

If you haven't yet paid for the tours, you can remove the package by removing and re-adding your booking in your Already Booked profile. A side effect of this is that the tours in your cart will also reset, so you might want to write them down to make it easier when you add them back.

If you still have issues, email the Webmaster at webmaster@oceaniacruises.com and be sure to specify the email address you use to log in. I hope this helps!

CruiseTechie7, Corpkid and CanadaTraveller -

Thank you all. I did as CruiseTechie said and removed the booking from my profile, then re-added it. Problem solved! I don't know why Oceania doesn't explain this simple solution. I originally thought "remove booking" had something to do with cancelling it completely. I very much appreciate your help!

We only plan to take one or two Oceania excursions so the price of the special package is not worth it.

Now I can book the shore excursions and the restaurants online. Such a relief!

I am a little disappointed that the Oceania Rep didn't follow-up at all with any information on what the IT department said or how to fix the problem. Guess they don't think it is that important.

I will call the Oceania Rep and let her know hot to fix it in case anyone else asks.

Off topic, Steph27 I have read your cruise blog and really enjoyed it. Am looking forward to reading about the rest of your recent cruise!:)

I am very pleased to hear you have enjoyed the blog. I was thinking about it this morning and how surprisingly long it has taken me to post the rest of the British Isles cruise. I am going to work on it today and hopefully get a couple more days completed by the end of the week. I usually work on it over the weekend but I have been really busy lately.

In case anyone else is interested the url is www.27thousandwaves.com