A Scam?? ...

Anniesails

:rolleyes:or am I too untrusting??

Just received a call from "Caribbean Cruise Line", representative said they were doing a promotion and I was "chosen" to receive a free cruise for me and a guest to the Bahamas. He went on to say that all I needed to do was pay the taxes and port taxes and then asked for my credit card ##.

Naturally, I started laughing , it turns out it is a 2 day cruise aboard a ship called the "Bahama Celebration" and it includes only an inside cabin. I wanted to check out the cruise line, etc (the cost would be $129 for 2 pax), I live in NY and would have to pay to pick up the ship in florida, but the entire thing made me think it was a scam. I told him I would call him back and he said no, that either I did it right then or I would lose it. So I told him I was willing to Lose it. He became flustered. I hung up. I went on-line and discovered that this is the usual price for this 2 day cruise, the ship is 30 years old. Was just wondering if anyone else has had this experience?

Always wise to be skeptical--but not TOO skeptical.

Case in point: My friend hung up not just once but five times on someone who kept calling, insisting she'd won a cruise. Turns out, she'd registered for door prizes at an AARP convention and actually did win a seven-day cruise for two in a balcony cabin on Norwegian--airfare and gratuities included!

She invited me to go along as the second person, and we're scheduled for a girls' getaway on the Norwegian Epic in the Eastern Caribbean less than four weeks from now.

We're both big fans of Princess, and I've also enjoyed HAL and Royal Caribbean, but neither of us has ever sailed NCL before. Now we're looking forward to trying freestyle!

Fantasies do come true once in a while!

Always wise to be skeptical--but not TOO skeptical.

Case in point: My friend hung up not just once but five times on someone who kept calling, insisting she'd won a cruise. Turns out, she'd registered for door prizes at an AARP convention and actually did win a seven-day cruise for two in a balcony cabin on Norwegian--airfare and gratuities included!

She invited me to go along as the second person, and we're scheduled for a girls' getaway on the Norwegian Epic in the Eastern Caribbean less than four weeks from now.

We're both big fans of Princess, and I've also enjoyed HAL and Royal Caribbean, but neither of us has ever sailed NCL before. Now we're looking forward to trying freestyle!

Fantasies do come true once in a while!

Of course, many people have "won" a contest that they never entered.

I've flung many cards that proclaimed "free cruise" into my recycling bin.

I was leary once when I received a call saying I had won a trip to a Couples Resort in Jamaica but turns out it was legit--it was the grand prize at a local women's expo! The 1st person that won actually turned it down--maybe they thought it was a scam? I was glad they did because Couples resorts are wonderful all-inclusives that I would be too cheap to ever pay for out of pocket!

You've been scammed....period.

If the OP had given out her personal info and credit card info then yes, she would have been scammed. She avoided the scam by hanging up the phone. Good job not falling for the scam OP!! :)

The OP did two things right....refused to give out credit card info to someone that called, and also refused to be pressured to 'buy now, or lose opportunity'.......

Any legitimate offer would allow you to call them back later (after you research it)...