Radiance Class / Cigars? Ban -1/2014

havaml

On a similar note, the Freedom and Voyager class ships still have the dedicated cigar lounge (Connoisseur Club), but they are the only ones that have that as an formal indoor cigar location. Oasis / Allure have a dedicated outdoor location forward on top of deck 16, which is where the Gold reserved pool seating area is as well.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

So with the ban on smoking from balconies starting 1/2014, does anyone know if RC is still going to allow for Cigars in the Hollywood lounge in the evenings on Radiance class ships?

The rule change says that cigars will still be allowed indoors in the Connoisseur Club on Freedom and Voyager-class ships only. Haven't the Hollywood Odyssey been replaced with the Concierge Club on all the ships except Jewel of the Seas?

Yes, I mentioned that above. :)

So on the Radiance Class except the Jewel that have been retrofitted, do they designate an indoor area for cigar smoking in the evening like they used to in Hollywood Odyssey? Or are they just having cigar smokers sit outside in designated areas?

So on the Radiance Class except the Jewel that have been retrofitted, do they designate an indoor area for cigar smoking in the evening like they used to in Hollywood Odyssey? Or are they just having cigar smokers sit outside in designated areas?

On Brilliance, last July/August, they were allowing cigar smoking in the bar at the back of the ship on deck 6 (Singapore Sling's). However, with the new rules coming in effect on Jan 1 I have no idea if that will still be allowed. Also, at the time it wasn't really a designated cigar smoking spot, it just wasn't being enforced.

nice!!

It was real nice. I haven't had a cigar since somewhere around 2004. My humidor is loaded with various types of cubans that I have brought back over the years. Everything in there now is between 10 and 13 years old. I am amazed how nicely they are aging. Most of them have developed a nice plume. I have found that as long as you maintain the proper humidity, they will last indefinitely.

On Brilliance, last July/August, they were allowing cigar smoking in the bar at the back of the ship on deck 6 (Singapore Sling's). However, with the new rules coming in effect on Jan 1 I have no idea if that will still be allowed. Also, at the time it wasn't really a designated cigar smoking spot, it just wasn't being enforced.

A little off topic but I just took a spin by the deck plans for Brilliance and there's like 8 different deck plans listed by date starting from January 2014 running to April 2015. What gives? :confused:

A little off topic but I just took a spin by the deck plans for Brilliance and there's like 8 different deck plans listed by date starting from January 2014 running to April 2015. What gives? :confused:

Dunno. I did a quick comparison between the plans and couldn't find any differences. I guess the website just barfed on itself. :p

It's switching between two deck plans. One deck plan has three studio interior staterooms rooms on Deck 4 (4583, 4585, & 4587) and cabin 1054 is a category FS (Royal Family Suite) . The other deck plan is missing those three studios, and 1054 is category TS (Two-Bedroom Suite).