Expectations for Solstice

Wondering If you have the classic package and you order a drink over the allowed limit do you pay the difference or do you have to pay the full price

Thanks

I believe that if you have the classic then you pay the full price and if you have the premium then you are only charged for the difference. Weird I know but that is how it works.

cheers

Stu

I've just returned from having a long lunch with some cruising friends and I told them about this thread on the Solstice.

They were on the inaugural Solstice Cruise from Singapore to Sydney and when they disembarked they said that it was the best cruise they had ever taken.

A couple of months later they cruised on the Solstice from Sydney to Honolulu at the end of her Australian season and they said it was the worst cruise experience they had had.

They put some of that down to the fantastic CD on the first cruise who organized so many interesting activities whereas on the second cruise the CD (and the activities )seemed to be very lacklustre.

I just mention this as we often compare different cruise companies and their pros and cons but even on the same ship and the same cruise line our experiences can vary.

If the drinks prices stay at their new level once the Solstice has left Australia then one can just accept that as an across the board increase. But if the prices revert back to their "pre-Australian" level then I would certainly question whether I'd want to cruise with Celebrity again.

cheers

Stu

I agree, the cruises can vary greatly even when on the same ship. The CD has a big impact on the whole atmosphere aboard the ship. They can really make a cruise more fun. :D