Drinks/snacks

Nervouslyexcited

When I was there there was water with cucumber or water with citrus slices. It was free. They had a small food/snack menu with at $3.00 charge. I have also heard that staff will get things from the buffet for that $3.00 charge.

When I was there there was water with cucumber or water with citrus slices. It was free. They had a small food/snack menu with at $3.00 charge. I have also heard that staff will get things from the buffet for that $3.00 charge.

This was our experience as well. Free water, free high tea, but anything from their menu (or from anywhere else on the ship) was charged $3 per person "fetching fee".

Still, the Sanctuary was the best money we've ever spent on a ship. The pampering is amazing! Enjoy!

Trish

Yes, this is correct. When I used the Sanctuary on the Royal a couple of weeks ago, I had a soda card/sticker and they brought sodas to me. If you have an "ultimate" soda card, they will bring you those beverages as well. I indulged and had them bring me a hot dog and some pizza for lunch. There was a $3 delivery charge for that. On the Royal, there is a bar right outside the Sanctuary so drinks are fast and easy. On other ships, the Sanctuary is much further from a bar.

Yes, this is correct. When I used the Sanctuary on the Royal a couple of weeks ago, I had a soda card/sticker and they brought sodas to me. If you have an "ultimate" soda card, they will bring you those beverages as well. I indulged and had them bring me a hot dog and some pizza for lunch. There was a $3 delivery charge for that. On the Royal, there is a bar right outside the Sanctuary so drinks are fast and easy. On other ships, the Sanctuary is much further from a bar.
Is The Sanctuary the only area that charges a delivery charge, or do other pool bars also charge ?

Is The Sanctuary the only area that charges a delivery charge, or do other pool bars also charge ?
Only the Sanctuary and that's just for food delivery. There's no delivery charge in the Sanctuary for drinks. If you don't have a soda/Ultimate card, you'll be charged the cost of the drink. Any bar area will get you drinks. The only other delivery service charge is $3 for pizza delivered via room service. Edited by Pam in CA

Pam, do we pay the $3 delivery charge with cash in the Sanctuary or do we use our card?

Thank you, I'm looking forward to spending some time in the Sanctuary. Now, I can act like I know what I'm doing. :)

Thanks so much to Pam, and everyone for this useful information.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Edited by papakaiser

how do you purchase the soda or soda/ultimate card? Onboard or before. Where do we get it?

You can purchase it on the ship, or before (via the Princess website). There will lots of people trying to sell you it when you board, and you can buy it from any bar or the IC

how do you purchase the soda or soda/ultimate card? Onboard or before. Where do we get it?
You can pre-purchase but there's no savings for doing so. Once you board, you can purchase a soda card/sticker at any bar, in the Atrium, any restaurant, dining room or the buffet, around the pool, etc. You'll get a Coke tumbler with your purchase. It's about $5/day/pp for unlimited soda. They will make it very, very easy to purchase. :)

Here's a link to the details. Scroll down to the bottom. http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/cellars_culinarydelights/princess_cellars/index.jsp

Is it free to go in the sanctuary? Or do you have to reserve space?
The Sanctuary is $10/half-day, $20/day. For the full cruise, it's $15/day. If you book by the half or full day, you need to get to the Sanctuary very early before it opens to book. You select specific lounger(s) and that's yours for the time you've booked. No one else can use your lounger. Hours for half-days are 8-12:30, 1-5pm.

The Royal is more expensive at $15/half-day, $25 for a full day, $20/day if you book for the whole cruise. The Royal's half-day hours are 8:30-1pm, 1:30-6pm.