Hawaii-clothes for ship and shore

Starrella

I haven't been on a Hawaiian cruise for several years and need wardrobe advice!

As I remember, on the last trip, the common areas were usually cold. My husband and I like to hang out and read; I do remember wearing long pants and a sweater a lot. I believe I took summer silk dresses for dinner and always had to have a pashmina. What do others of you wear for casual dinners? I have some nice formal wear I will take because we don't have to pack for airplane travel-we live about 45 miles north of San Diego.

The December cruise on Veendam will be our first on that ship. Some reviewers complained about their cabins being hot; what's a girl to do?

I often wear white jeans or a khaki skirt with nice jersey tops when it's in the 70's, so maybe those would be good?

Yes...your normal clothes will be fine on all but "formal" evening. I think it's chilly in Hawaii, too... must be the tradewinds! Wind makes me cold!

Can't help with the cabin AC....I'm sure temps vary from ship to ship and cabin to cabin. You should have a thermostat to control your own room!