back to back question

booboojoy

hi, we are booked for a 10 day on legend ots and then 5 on liberty ofs. wwe will board on the same day we come to port. does RCdo anything to help with the transition? is there a back 2 back department at RCCL? thanks for any info.

hi, we are booked for a 10 day on legend ots and then 5 on liberty ofs. wwe will board on the same day we come to port. does RCdo anything to help with the transition? is there a back 2 back department at RCCL? thanks for any info.

This is not a true back to back cruise, since you change ships. You will have to get yourself from the Legend to the Liberty. Try to be among the last off the Legend, so that you don't have to wait too long for Liberty's check-in process to begin. Just take a cab. The driver won't be happy, but that's too bad. ;)

Edited by Merion_Mom

We did this, except we did Liberty and Vision. We called it a Side 2 Side cruise. Anyway, Royal is no help when it comes to the transfers, and since everyone is leaving, it's pretty confusing when you get to the second ship. Make sure they put your luggage with what is being loaded on the ship and not off. The cab works for the transfer. I suggest you tip extra. Enjoy your cruises.

This is not a true back to back cruise, since you change ships. You will have to get yourself from the Legend to the Liberty. Try to be among the last off the Legend, so that you don't have to wait too long for Liberty's check-in process to begin. Just take a cab. The driver won't be happy, but that's too bad. ;)

We did this, except we did Liberty and Vision. We called it a Side 2 Side cruise. Anyway, Royal is no help when it comes to the transfers, and since everyone is leaving, it's pretty confusing when you get to the second ship. Make sure they put your luggage with what is being loaded on the ship and not off. The cab works for the transfer. I suggest you tip extra. Enjoy your cruises.

As mentioned , the cabbie won't be happy with the short jaunt. I suggest telling him where you need to go AFTER you are in the taxi, AND let him know you will pay him $20 - $25 (what he would make on a run to the airport). The short run could get him back in line at the ship quicker. He may even pick up an airport run from the Liberty, depending on timing.

Ray in NH

Two years ago, we got 'special transfers' to go from NAV to Oasis!!!

We used one of the airport shuttle!!!

Karen, the concierge, made the arrangements! Don't know if it was a favor for the few of us, going to Oasis!!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Last December, we went from Independence to Oasis on the same day at Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale. Depending upon which terminals you are transferring from/to, you can actually take the port parking shuttle. For example, some people took it to the parking area, and then walked a very short distance to Oasis. Of course, if you have a LOT of luggage, this may not work. But, Royal also provided a shuttle for us, as several passengers were doing this. We asked about it once onboard the first cruise.

Last December, we went from Independence to Oasis on the same day at Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale. Depending upon which terminals you are transferring from/to, you can actually take the port parking shuttle. For example, some people took it to the parking area, and then walked a very short distance to Oasis. Of course, if you have a LOT of luggage, this may not work. But, Royal also provided a shuttle for us, as several passengers were doing this. We asked about it once onboard the first cruise.

We were all waiting for you to come back and explain this shuttle thing to us last year...and you never did! There were a whole lot of questions about it, Peter.

What do you know about this parking terminal shuttle? And do you have any idea what the route is? :) Some folks on our Vision cruise were trying to figure out how to take it from ship to ship after your mention of it. :)

No because your changing ships.

We were all waiting for you to come back and explain this shuttle thing to us last year...and you never did! There were a whole lot of questions about it, Peter.

What do you know about this parking terminal shuttle? And do you have any idea what the route is? :) Some folks on our Vision cruise were trying to figure out how to take it from ship to ship after your mention of it. :)

I was one of those people, and we never did find out anything about it. I even called the port, and they had no information on it either. I suspect a shuttle may run, but, only in special circumstances.

We'll be back there in January...I'll see if I can find out anything else.

LOVE the term you coined!!! May I use it sometime in the future? ;)

As mentioned , the cabbie won't be happy with the short jaunt. I suggest telling him where you need to go AFTER you are in the taxi, AND let him know you will pay him $20 - $25 (what he would make on a run to the airport). The short run could get him back in line at the ship quicker. He may even pick up an airport run from the Liberty, depending on timing.

Ray in NH

You are correct Ray.....we experienced this in Miami last year. People in front of the taxi line were trying to get to another ship and the taxi driver refused to take them. So be prepared to pay extra. When we asked the dispatcher for a taxi to a downtown hotel, he said that might not happen. Luckily for us, the driver agreed to take us.

Last month in Port Canaveral, we got off the Freedom of the Seas and walked over to the Disney Dream that was docked next to the Freedom. Just a short walk so no problem.

The Port everglades parking terminal shuttle runs between the Midport Garage & terminal 29. http://www.porteverglades.net/includes/content/docs/media/Port-Map-2009.pdf It also runs if you board your ship at one terminal and it returns to another like the Independence of the Seas is going to do on the Nov 15 2013 using pier 18. She cannot return there it is an 8 day cruise and she will be returning on Saturday and Oasis will be occupying 18.

The Port everglades parking terminal shuttle runs between the Midport Garage & terminal 29. http://www.porteverglades.net/includes/content/docs/media/Port-Map-2009.pdf It also runs if you board your ship at one terminal and it returns to another like the Independence of the Seas is going to do on the Nov 15 2013 using pier 18. She cannot return there it is an 8 day cruise and she will be returning on Saturday and Oasis will be occupying 18.

Thank you. That's a great map! :)

There was a consecutive cruise department at Royal two years ago. Don't know if it still exists. Did the Oasis and then the Allure. Royal provided a hotel room for the in between night, which I understand they don't do anymore. They also provided transportation, a nice Town Car, to the pier from the Hilton Marina. Call Royal and ask. The call is free.

Edited by bilyclub

Oops, sorry. As someone else mentioned, Indy was at terminal 29, Oasis at 18. The parking is near Oasis. So, the shuttle was running to take passengers from 29 to the parking area near Oasis. Also, we spoke with either guest services or the concierge, and they actually arranged for a shuttle to run from ship to ship since there were quite a few of us doing that....

Peter

Oops, sorry. As someone else mentioned, Indy was at terminal 29, Oasis at 18. The parking is near Oasis. So, the shuttle was running to take passengers from 29 to the parking area near Oasis. Also, we spoke with either guest services or the concierge, and they actually arranged for a shuttle to run from ship to ship since there were quite a few of us doing that....

Peter

Thank you Peter. It is a dilemma, and I'm sure that will help other "side 2 side" cruisers. :):D