OOSTERDAM MAIN DECK INSIDE CABIN K category

Sidney24

Joanie started a thread with a link to her website with all the photos. The tread is a sticky at the top of the thread list, called " Photos of HAL Staterooms/Cabins" if you want to have a look.

The direct link to her website is http://abqreunion2008.com/. You should be able to find plenty of photos of similar to cabins to yours.

I hope you enjoy your cruise!

The Main Deck K-category cabins on the Vista/Signature class ships are huge. They are all located aft of the aft elevator banks, and are fairly quiet. The public room above is the lower level of the dining room, so closes down early.

There is a curved couch, looks like a sectional that comes to an abrupt halt. The longer part is about the width of a twin bed, which is where the third bed is in the triples. There is room for two people to sit there.

There's good distance between the desk/closets and the bed, so there is ample room to walk.

I always take an identical cabin further forward (J-category) when I sail on one of these ships. They are just about the best of the insides, and except for the lack of a window, better than many outsides.

The Main Deck K-category cabins on the Vista/Signature class ships are huge. They are all located aft of the aft elevator banks, and are fairly quiet. The public room above is the lower level of the dining room, so closes down early.

There is a curved couch, looks like a sectional that comes to an abrupt halt. The longer part is about the width of a twin bed, which is where the third bed is in the triples. There is room for two people to sit there.

There's good distance between the desk/closets and the bed, so there is ample room to walk.

I always take an identical cabin further forward (J-category) when I sail on one of these ships. They are just about the best of the insides, and except for the lack of a window, better than many outsides.

I agree with Ruth. I had an inside J on the Westerndam which is identical. And they are so big that they might be as large or larger than a veranda. And they are definitely larger than the Oceanviews. Only thing they are lacking is closet space although we didn't have a problem. Insides always have less closets than Oceanviews. But they do have two secret drawers at the ends of the bed that I discovered when we had a rocky night and one of the drawers slide open. And it is extremely easy to get the luggage under the beds due to the layout of the room.

Whatever you book, don't book and inside K on any level other than Main or you will be very, very disappointed as they are so tiny. Ruth usually types the script for tiny in teeny tiny letters to emphasis just as she did with huge having larger letters.

I have had an OV on Oosterdam, and K 1116 on Westerdam and Nieuw Amsterdam. There is no difference in the closet space, but the cabin space is much larger. When I specifically booked K1116 for 24 days, I specified no upgrade unless to a suite, as all other cabins would be smaller. EM

Looks as though there is a small deck at back of the ship which could be handy for quick look outside.

That's a crew area, with machinery out there. No passenger access.

To check outside, first turn the View from the Bridge channel on the TV, then switch to the aft view. There's also a channel that will give the forecast, tell current conditions, and show wind direction.