Anyone a reasonable way to go from Ft Lauderdale to Miami Port reasonable

judydoc

Port to port? Or airport to port?

I used jiffy Jeff for the latter but maybe the can do port to port too? They were great

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Port to Port is what we need. I will check Jiffy Geff. Thankyou!

Tri-Rail from Miami to Fort Lauderdale is $5.00 per person! We're taking it in December. From Port Everglades we'll take a cab to the Fort Lauderdale airport, we'll hop on the Tri-Rail to Miami and then take the free shuttle from the airport to the hotel. We had to fly into Miami due to the extra cost of flying into Fort Lauderdale from where we live. Search Tri-Rail, that's how I found out about it. There's also a post from last week that someone rode tri-rail and then gave a review.

Tri-Rail from Miami to Fort Lauderdale is $5.00 per person! We're taking it in December. From Port Everglades we'll take a cab to the Fort Lauderdale airport, we'll hop on the Tri-Rail to Miami and then take the free shuttle from the airport to the hotel. We had to fly into Miami due to the extra cost of flying into Fort Lauderdale from where we live. Search Tri-Rail, that's how I found out about it. There's also a post from last week that someone rode tri-rail and then gave a review.

You should read the post "How do I use tri-rail"

by wrp96

As been said Tri-Rail would be perfect if the OP was going to MIA rather than the Port. To get from Tri-Rail to Downtown Miami you need to change to Metrorail at the 79 St Amtrak station, and then change to Metromover (or a taxi) to get from Government Center station to the Port. Definitely not something I would recommend for a visitor under a time constraint with all their luggage. The OP should just make room in their budget for a van transfer--one vehicle, no fuss, no potential disruptive adventure on a weekend in a strange city.

Edited by fishywood

• 4 weeks later...
Same for us BUT.

Drove around for 30-45 minutes waiting for another couple to come off the ship

yeah, they did drive around, but only made 3 rounds, total of about 10 minutes. no big deal to us. I think they have 18 vans now that continuously circle, so that is why they are able to give such quick service.

SAS. They either need to begin or end in Ft. Lauderdale but go to Miami and vice versa. They usually run between $13-15.00pp and have many pick ups at hotels also.

This is who we used in October of this year and had more than excellent experience. Rebooked them for up coming cruise.