Difference between a Penthouse Suite & a Vista Suite

slomotion

I should have also said that for me' date=' starboard side included a great view of the Aloha Tower and associated skyline, when docked in Honolulu. In Kauai, there was a great view of the Ocean Princess, which was also there at that time. In Maui, we are anchored, rather than docked, so the view is great from all sides there. In Maui, from December thru March, you even see whales, many times, from your balcony. Totally, absolutely, awesome.

Aloha :)[/quote']

Attached are 4 of my favorite pics taken from our balcony while in Hawaii!

843355192_290SunriseonthewaytoKauai!.jpg.4151829fad419bf9bee1e7b66fcb2d90.jpg

1861451055_292HeadinginfordockingatKauai.jpg.d6090c52af2780d9ecd099536d287ac7.jpg

The views from any balcony are spectacular, however, Starboard views have never failed us! And yes, we spotted whales while traveling between islands several times. A good pair of binoculars really helps!!

I have even been known to change cruises in order to get a Starboard stateroom. Yeah, like my wife says, "I'm stubborn!"

~~Aloha~~

875110683_254AlohaTowerfromourdeck.jpg.264ba2c82d50cf1b9f5a4c80f475d9bf.jpg

841844264_333SunriseoverMaui!.jpg.ddf9fb312649f4081c4522c14419b40c.jpg

Edited by RetiredNTraveling

We only book aft suites, having become spoiled by the miles and miles of water trailing our suite. The other factor is there is almost no wind to deal with while at sea.

A fellow passenger was in our cabin and remarked that they do not spend a lot of time on their balcony while at sea due to the wind, and he was on ours at the time.

But, any cabin, is great on a cruise.

a

Attached are 4 of my favorite pics taken from our balcony while in Hawaii!

[ATTACH]292919[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]292920[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]292921[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]292922[/ATTACH]

The views from any balcony are spectacular, however, Starboard views have never failed us! And yes, we spotted whales while traveling between islands several times. A good pair of binoculars really helps!!

I have even been known to change cruises in order to get a Starboard stateroom. Yeah, like my wife says, "I'm stubborn!"

~~Aloha~~

Great pictures! Thanks for posting:)

Aloha and mahalo :)

My husband and I are scheduled for the Western Caribbean cruise onboard the Caribbean Princess on Nov. 16. We are booked in a suite, D736 (aft). I will try to take pics as there haven’t been many that I can find on this forum. We are leaving out of the new port in Houston. Was wondering if anyone had any information on what there is to do at the pier as we arrive very early at IAH. Unfortunately Princess doesn’t have much info about the transfer from the airport other than “look for the Princess guides at baggage claim”. So we will be waiting at the airport for 6 hours down in baggage claim. Taxis cost $100-125 and I guess we would rather wait than pay that and then wait at the Bay Cruise Port with nothing to do. We don’t want to lug our luggage around town and hope we can embark as early as possible. I will let everyone know what we encounter and what this new port is like for Princess as Princess has no idea. We are also scheduled for 6:00 pm Traditional Dinner. I will let you know how that works out for us as I have heard various reviews on Traditional vs. Anytime dining.

Edited by goodnightprincess